The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 11:55:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS ITS ALL YOUR FAULT

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS ITS ALL YOUR FAULT  (Read 8121 times)
Poggy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2018, 09:28:52 am »

From the noises NBC are making, I don't think that there are any issues relating to the East Stand that are stopping the stand being completed however there appears to be another issue somewhere else. 

Going back to the Cardoza era, I can remember some talk about developing on the west stand car park and I think this is where the issue might currently be because if this part of the site is developed then our owners could see a serious return as they originally intended.

I am not surprised our owners have kept quiet about stadium / site plans but they are hardly likely to obtain support until their intentions become clearly. I guess the delay / frustration is that the council are probably reluctant to pass over land without the guarantee of the benefit to the football club.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2018, 11:51:34 am »

From the noises NBC are making, I don't think that there are any issues relating to the East Stand that are stopping the stand being completed however there appears to be another issue somewhere else. 

Going back to the Cardoza era, I can remember some talk about developing on the west stand car park and I think this is where the issue might currently be because if this part of the site is developed then our owners could see a serious return as they originally intended.

I am not surprised our owners have kept quiet about stadium / site plans but they are hardly likely to obtain support until their intentions become clearly. I guess the delay / frustration is that the council are probably reluctant to pass over land without the guarantee of the benefit to the football club.
We have to hope those making the critical decisions at the council aren't as woolly as some of our fan base..
In the absence of a strong trust on the board, I would love to think a real 'Cobblers fan' at the NBC was negotiating on best possible deal for his club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2018, 12:27:24 pm »

Picking up from another locked thread - Thanks Hammy LOL - re only KT in the room to buy the club.....

I believe that KT had an exclusivity agreement with DC regarding discussions to take over NTFC. Other parties could not speak with DC. Remember very importantly, that KT had an inside man in CW.

I believe that the Trust wanted to get access to the accounts in order to assess a Wycombe Trust style take-over but were refused.

As widely reported (on here and at the time) KT said he had £3m to finish off the East stand and £1m to take the club forward. Kt would only take over if NBC and DC wrote off £18m of debts - which they did for him, on his promise of pumping £4m into NTFC - which of course he hasn't.

We as fans are now left totally in the dark, with a chairman, who yes pays the bills (just as DC did) but has no medium term plans for our club, who appears again to be waiting for NBC to give him something more than he already has.

I wonder if the Trust, or others would be interested in buying the club for what KT paid for it,  £160k or so?  I certainly would  Grin (or me, Beds, Meccano, etc)  anyone else?

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2018, 12:45:06 pm »

Random ,Having an exclusivity clause in negotiations is a very normal thing to do. So no bones to pick there.
Your agenda is always based around a Trust owned Club so you will always be inclined to pick fault with any other options.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 16:14:31 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2018, 13:04:52 pm »

This is why I abstained on the the KT vote.... what is transparency?

Do you expect KT to tell us everything discussed within his 4 walls?

As far as I can see he has told us where we are with redevelopment. If you think he is being dishonest, or withholding information, stick your neck out and say so and back it up with why using fact, not opinion.

He has said we will have a good budget next year, higher than when we strolled to the title.

It's all well and good going transparency, transparency...

If you look up the definition of transparency you'll probably find a few alternatives but "hearing what I want to hear" will definitely not be one of them....

Love reading your posts normally mate but this one irritated me, sorry! 

He's not one bit transparent.

1. Chinese deal. We didn't even hear ONCE from them! Or once about it since (why it went wrong etc)
2. Stadium. What are we getting if these supposed hold ups are rectified? NO SOD KNOWS! Thats what. He won't tell anyone. I've asked him direct, face to face, just waffles.
3. Wages you talk about. Of course the bloody budgets gonna be bigger. Our wage bill currently is mostly likely double what it was 2 years ago…and most of the players are under contract next season! In January he spent a load of Chinese money that never ended up in the bank!

So there you go. Ownership, stadium and squad. Theres zero substance about anything he says, yet 90% of our fans turn into seals like they bloody do all the time.

By all means, fight his corner…he's yet to do anything unethical. I will give him that. Can he take us forward? In my opinion, no he can't. Like the same that he couldn't take Oxford forward (other than back out of non league which was hardly an achievement given the size of the club) and also Torquay. Maybe Im being unfair on him, but from where Im looking at it other than a disco behind the North Stand and a few seats reinstalled in the East stand, we now have double the cost base than we did when he turned up and a considerably worse football team!
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2018, 13:35:03 pm »

Love reading your posts normally mate but this one irritated me, sorry! 

1. Chinese deal. We didn't even hear ONCE from them! Or once about it since (why it went wrong etc)
2. Stadium. What are we getting if these supposed hold ups are rectified? NO SOD KNOWS! Thats what. He won't tell anyone. I've asked him direct, face to face, just waffles.
3. Wages you talk about. Of course the bloody budgets gonna be bigger. Our wage bill currently is mostly likely double what it was 2 years ago…and most of the players are under contract next season! In January he spent a load of Chinese money that never ended up in the bank!

So there you go. Ownership, stadium and squad. Theres zero substance about anything he says, yet 90% of our fans turn into seals like they bloody do all the time.

By all means, fight his corner…he's yet to do anything unethical. I will give him that. Can he take us forward? In my opinion, no he can't. Like the same that he couldn't take Oxford forward (other than back out of non league which was hardly an achievement given the size of the club) and also Torquay. Maybe Im being unfair on him, but from where Im looking at it other than a disco behind the North Stand and a few seats reinstalled in the East stand, we now have double the cost base than we did when he turned up and a considerably worse football team!

The point I was trying to make was that I abstained from the vote because it was either sell up and naff off or stay "but only if...."

Hardly a fair selection of choices.

The transparency thing is just as I said, define transparency....

To some, transparency means tell us the ins and outs of your cats ar$e, to others, it just means be above board as far as you can without prejudicing and business related matters.

I do expect KT to be up front about hold ups with the redevelopment but I don't expect to be given every infinite detail. I have an interest in proceedings but not an invested one so why should I be entitled to know everything?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 13:39:17 pm by WasRambo » Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2018, 17:21:58 pm »

Spot on Drilling.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2018, 11:06:29 am »

Isn't he? Well. I must have imagined the hour + he spent chatting to me, and making no attempt whatsoever to cover up anything.

I really hope I'm not belying any trust here. But I don't get the feeling at any point when I have spoke to him that he is particularly underhanded or Machiavellian. Like all businessmen, he chooses what he says carefully. He is also mindful of any professional confidentiality that is appropriate to adhere to. In fact. I would go so far as to say he has been a lot more candid than the Trust have been with me. I have asked, and I continue to do so, the Trust to meet with me and give me an insight as a member into what they have discussed thus far. I'm yet to receive any "transparency" there. Does that make them bad? 

I'm always happy to give people the benefit of the doubt. I fought against DC and TC way before most. I did that, because of what I saw. People forget about the punch ups in TGI's among our board. The Ken Good saga. Andy Ellis and Peter (whats is face) causing problems at Luton. The issues in North Carolina on the pre season tour. The countless solicitors letters to any supporter that challenged DC. Let alone the missing millions and the shame bought upon our club by them. And yet, KT, who has asked for nothing more than re-assurance about spending money, is routinely compared to DC and his cronies. That is total fcuking madness. Those who say it should be ashamed of themselves. 

No matter who is in charge, it could go wrong. What bothers me, is the sheer vitriol of those that won't allow the vast majority the right to make up their own mind. You and several others behave like school children trying to rally allies to your cause, by issuing groundless and unsubstantiated claims. Your version of him as nothing more than a land grabbing, football club wrecking @rsehole, that we should all distance ourselves from, is at odds with what most supporters think. Anybody that is kidding themselves at the size of the task that NTFC have to face to progress things off the field is off of their rocker. I really wish I could sit in front of you and a few others and tell you the score. I really do. You and a few others have totally lost sight of what supporting a football team is.   
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2018, 11:32:23 am »

Agree with above. KT has been very open. He has no connection with DC so don't judge him in the same way.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2018, 11:39:44 am »

Excellent post Tel. I would love to see some on here run a football club, all decisions are out there for all to see, moan about and tell you how you should be doing things. A thankless task if ever there was one.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2018, 11:48:52 am »

I judge people how they are to my face NOT some cowardly keyboard warriors opinion.

KT has been VERY open in my dealings with him and I feel lucky to have him as our Chairman.

I will judge him, similar to a team manager, by results. So a completed East Stand, hotel and conference centre (to generate 365 days revenue), a stadium with a 12K capacity as a minimum. He has already provided finance to the managers to compete. It is just shocking that none of the last 3 managers had the talent to convert it to success.

Sooner (ie next 4 weeks) than later for developments on the Sixfield expansion.

Good piece hamster.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2018, 11:58:32 am »

I'm with Tel on this one - several years ago a friend of mine was invited to join the board of Bradford Park Avenue - he is a life long supporter and was prepared to put a substantial sum of money into the club - being a little cautious he asked if he could sit with the directors for a few games to see the ambiance and chemistry of the board - previously very much a working class standing on the terrace man. He said the experience in the directors box was truly shocking - the ignorant abuse and level of vitriol the directors was getting was astonishing to him - these were not latter day yobs and skinheads - these were articulate and educated middle aged men who unfortunately did not have a clue about the real financial implications of running a football club - at least then you had to buy a ticket to abuse the directors - now just access to the internet and a pseudonym is all that is required

Needless to say he was not prepared to let himself or indeed his family be subjected to that abused - many years later this guy is seriously rich and I'm sure could have changed the future of Bradford Park Avenue.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2018, 12:16:42 pm »

A football club is many things to different people and the question is what do you want from your local club.

My ideal club would be one that has a open and definitive idea of where it should be competing and have a good playing style in a stadium befitting of its catchment, It would be well respected within it and make its supporters feel a small part of it and being an important factor in building it up to give it a bright future.
It would compete with and strive to better all its rivals on and off the pitch.
This may only be as an outside hope for a league one play off place but one that doesn't constantly dwell in the basement division..

What I dont want is a club in a constant 20 year battle with the local council for god only knows why as its a classified secret.
A club with poor infrastructure but nothing to show its loyal supporters that its striving to improve .
One that adopted an outright belittling programme to curb any enthusiasm amongst its catchment that we may one day survive outside the 4th division..

So what is it Im missing?
Why should I be more trusting,  agree with and toe the party line?
T
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2018, 12:26:50 pm »

I judge people how they are to my face NOT some cowardly keyboard warriors opinion.

KT has been VERY open in my dealings with him and I feel lucky to have him as our Chairman.

I will judge him, similar to a team manager, by results. So a completed East Stand, hotel and conference centre (to generate 365 days revenue), a stadium with a 12K capacity as a minimum. He has already provided finance to the managers to compete. It is just shocking that none of the last 3 managers had the talent to convert it to success.

Sooner (ie next 4 weeks) than later for developments on the Sixfield expansion.

Good piece hamster.
wow.. how nice would it be to see all you suggest in your post.
Is that your wishes or have you been given some clues as to what these lot intend doing?

Im sure if these were made official things would be so much better over Sixfields way😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2018, 12:40:44 pm »

A football club is many things to different people and the question is what do you want from your local club.

My ideal club would be one that has a open and definitive idea of where it should be competing and have a good playing style in a stadium befitting of its catchment, It would be well respected within it and make its supporters feel a small part of it and being an important factor in building it up to give it a bright future.
This may only be as an outside hope for a league one play off place but one that doesn't constantly dwell in the basement division..

What I dont want is a club in a constant 20 year battle with the local council for god only knows why as its a classified secret.
A club with poor infrastructure but nothing to show its loyal supporters that its striving to improve .
One that adopted an outright belittling programme to curb any enthusiasm amongst its catchment that we may one day survive outside the 4th division..

T

Well in my opinion you are missing a sense of balance between ideal and reality - because your opinion is so skewed you make (in my opinion) ridiculous comments like an "outright belittling programme...." If you alow yourself to be belittled by this so called programme then frankly more fool you - I'm generally proud of my club - sometimes less so due to performance on and off the field but overall proud of who I support and why - the why is because it's my team from my town.

Ambition is to be encouraged of course but ignoring so many realities really does your argument no favors.

You still hold on to the totally unsubstantiated view that there is a better alternative than KT somehow waiting in the wings - well even if your scurrilous accusations of KT are even half true where are they? 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2018, 13:12:37 pm »

wow.. how nice would it be to see all you suggest in your post.
Is that your wishes or have you been given some clues as to what these lot intend doing?

Im sure if these were made official things would be so much better over Sixfields way😂😂
Sorry not a major scoop just a wish list for whenever we get a definative decision from OUR elected Councillors!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2018, 13:21:08 pm »

T

You don't have to agree with anything. That is a luxury we all retain. But let's take it as read, that you know nothing at all about running a large business, let alone a football club. At every juncture, the picture that you have painted with consummate ease of how to expand the club and attract more people through the door fails spectacularly. Not only do you completely ignore the fact that all but a handful of clubs actually show any return on what they spend, you behave as if spending someone else's money on a flawed deal is yours to dictate. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But it must demonstrate something more than mere aspiration and hope.

As for things being a secret. That's plain ridiculous. Let's look at the side you have chosen. A council, that as traditionally sat back and presided over the destruction of most of what is good in this town. With officials who are subject to a criminal investigation. With an MP supposedly involved in it too. You or I could cite hundreds, if not thousands of examples of their incompetency on any level. Stack that up against a guy, who regardless of the circumstances saved us from potential receivership. Yes, you can bang on about all the other imaginary options, but you can you name one that you know existed?

So many people on here have asked you to give him the benefit of the doubt. So many have asked you to talk to him, contact him. You won't. Not because you are on some mission to unveil some concocted story to the wider public. Nor because you are concerned about the support in general. It is because you'd lose the bit of notoriety you have. You'd have to be like most of us. Those that give someone a chance until you definitely know different. These comparisons between his and DC's tenure, that you have been primarily involved in conjuring up and stoking are baseless and totally unnecessary. You might not like his methods. But at least know where to draw the line out of simple common decency. Drop the kangaroo court.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2018, 13:38:28 pm »

Nigel (Hamster).

Would you like me to organise it so you are invited to our next meeting which is very imminent? You posted on here a few weeks ago that you had messaged trust directors that you wished to attend the last one but none of us received that message? Or an email, indeed any communication. An open reply on here would be perfect mate.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2018, 13:40:32 pm »

Nigel (Hamster).

Would you like me to organise it so you are invited to our next meeting which is very imminent? You posted on here a few weeks ago that you had messaged trust directors that you wished to attend the last one but none of us received that message? Or an email, indeed any communication. An open reply on here would be perfect mate.

I don't mind at all mate. I would be grateful just for some info. Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2018, 14:12:59 pm »

You should remember JFK words ‘Not what yr country etc’
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: