The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:22:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

End of Season Rant thread

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End of Season Rant thread  (Read 2617 times)
guest3103

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 29, 2018, 15:11:02 pm »

Just gonna get my Cobblers frustrations off of my chest!  Grin

This season, frankly, can do one. I will be at my allotment next Saturday, if I had it my way our fan base would boycott next Saturdays game but it seems acceptable to most people that what we've witnessed this last 9 months 'is just football'.

I will start from the top, Kelvin Thomas. In short:

*Hes employed 3 managers, and spent to long sacking the first two. Our fans wanted to keep giving them time, thats the main reason we got relegated.
*He sanctioned the signings of 4 pro goalkeepers. Why does a league1 football club need 4 bloody goal keepers? Surely at the point in time when Coddington rocked up to sign his contract alarm bells would be ringing?
*He won't allow a rep on the board. I wonder why?
*He convinced most fans that the Chinese deal was centred around education. I mean, what bloody idiot would honestly buy into that?! Yet so many did!
*He spunked the Chinese money before it was banked. Now his mate has had to take his shares back and cover the wages bill. If any director of a normal business sanctioned the purchase of a load of new kit to service a contract before it was signed, then said business would probably go bust!
*The ground. 2 and a half years after his arrival, zero progress. Get it into your thick ears people (those who believe him) - nothing will happen to Sixfields under his/their watch. *I will cover this point by saying its my opinion but if anyone wants a wager on it, then PM me!
*Head of recruitment. How the hell has he not been fired? 2 years he's been buying dud's, he's the constant on the footballing side of things.
*We've now got a wage bill Id guess is double that it was 2 years ago. DOUBLE. Think about this. He could have refitted the East Stand with that money. And 85% of our fan base think he's doing a good bloody job!  Grin Grin *

*but 75% of them wouldn't believe that DC was a crook, god bless 'em!  Grin Grin (Even when the Trust organised the we want answers campaign)

Now onto the mangers:

*Who the hell would have played Cornell in goal, instead buying about 10 midfield players!
*Who the hell would have played DB as a wing back. Well both our permanent managers did!
*Who the hell would have played Revell on the bloody wing?
*Who the hell would have bought a left sided attacking player and hung him out to dry by playing him as a left back?
*Who the hell would have played Grimes in every single minute, never taking him off, getting him to take every single set play? Well all 3 of our managers have!
*Whats wrong with Regan Poole?
*Why didn't we play McWilliams for the vast majority of the season?
*Who would have taken off literally our best 2 players and replaced one of them with Kevin Bloody Van Veen in a game you've dominated and you just needed a single goal to win?

In 30 years, our football club has never been as badly run as it has been this season. Only a rich individual's cash is keeping us going…and that person doesn't even want to be involved having previously cashed in his shares to the Chinese.

Ill be back in August, always will follow NTFC. But things need to change across the whole football club. And it needs to start from the very top. I hope we are under new ownership as soon as possible, and those owners don't just want to make money from the land. KT helped the club provide us with that sooo memorable season, but has brought nothing positive to the party since. And we wouldn't have gone bust, there were other options at the time. Admittedly not as 'sound'. KT had 4 million to spend on the ground lets remember. The others didn't. Of course that never materialised. Time to move on.

I don't have the time or energy to expand on how this collective jumble of hearsay, abstract gibberish, compendium of fake news is the most ignorant post of the year. But congrats.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: