The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:44:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kelvin's Interview Post-Walsall

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvin's Interview Post-Walsall  (Read 2846 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« on: April 30, 2018, 12:43:57 pm »

Seems to be a very fair interview to me, clearly extremely disappointed and angry with the on-field performance of the club. No excuses offered.

Confirms that next season's budget will be higher than it was in 2015/16. Players under contract have clauses in their deals which see their wages reduce due to relegation.

Not a happy man with NBC.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:56:17 pm »

KT comes across very honest...

Good news about the players contracts being automatically reduced upon relegation...James Whiting responsible for these clauses according to KT

Hopefully, the trust can get some clarification from someone at NBC, regarding the prolonged East Stand debate
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 13:00:56 pm »

All very sensible as usual from Kelvin and there is plenty to be positive about but telling us little about the wider direction of the club or answering the macro level concerns on here.

Re the East Stand time for the Council to put their side across now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 13:07:33 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 13:10:50 pm »

All very sensible as usual from Kelvin and there is plenty to be positive about but telling us little about the wider direction of the club or answering the macro level concerns on here.

Not sure what more he could say - bigger budget than last time we were in L2, club's goal is to bounce back as soon as possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 13:11:29 pm »

Good response from KT.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 13:13:49 pm »

Good man..I have a very good feeling about next season..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 13:22:00 pm »

Not sure what more he could say - bigger budget than last time we were in L2, club's goal is to bounce back as soon as possible.

Bounce back to League 1 and then what? We've just lost our League 1 status.

Again, not seeing a wider plan for the club.  I don't doubt that the board can balance a budget and host matches.

Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 13:24:15 pm »

Seems to be a very fair interview to me, clearly extremely disappointed and angry with the on-field performance of the club. No excuses offered.

Confirms that next season's budget will be higher than it was in 2015/16. Players under contract have clauses in their deals which see their wages reduce due to relegation.

That's made my day!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 13:25:31 pm »

Blah Blah Blah
Takes a lot of responsibility, but offers no actions to remediate the abject failure.
Goals short term is to win the next game  Grin Medium to long term to have a competitive budget and get back to L1....wow no sh1t Sherlock.
Sorry Kelvin you are very economical with the facts, we both know that DA wont stay and to slag the council off is way off the mark, don't forget they waivered the £10m to keep the club afloat in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 13:45:20 pm »

LOL LOL LOL

Having a decent budget means absolutely SFA at NTFC. Again same old line put out by the Chairman and swallowed hook line and sinker by ******* fans.

Did we have the 23rd lowest budget this season?  Did Accrington have the biggest budget in League 2?  or Wycombe?    Having a decent budget helps IF you have a club / town believing in what you are doing, that you sign players who want to progress and use NTFC as a platform rather than a pay day

Fair play to KT for making a video but again a total lack of inspiration or ambition, just the usual sound bites. People stop listening to KT and start looking at his actions and what is happening at NTFC.

Again moaning about NBC but he has submitted NO plans, NO ideas, NO detail. If he came out and said I need the council to do this so that I can do this, this and this, he would get far greater support but he hasn't. I suspect that NBC don't want history repeating itself, NBC can't comment on building plans if none are submitted.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 13:56:09 pm »

Thank you Mr Thomas for a very detailed open interview.

Shock, horror some people will nitpick and disagree with elements of it..................but do nothing themselves for the clubs future.

I will judge you long term when (and if!) the Council ever make a decision on the leases on the land. Only then I expect decisions AND PROMPT ACTION on the development, off the field, of NTFC !

Managers are judged on results and the last 3 have served up negative unproductive football and were rightly sacked.
Chairman, I believe, should provide capital (which you have done) and provide facilities for the future of the club, which you have been unsuccessful (NBC please make a decision!). Obviously your choices of the last 3 managers have been poor.

Supporters have been VERY patient and followed the club superbly.

ACTIONS speak louder than words and the next month is now the time for ACTION to begin, so we all can start to achieve a fraction of the potential of our football club.

Yes, health allowing, I will be there next season doing what I can, home and away, for the benefit of my Cobblers!
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 14:07:39 pm »

Good response from KT.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 14:26:50 pm »

Bounce back to League 1 and then what? We've just lost our League 1 status.

Again, not seeing a wider plan for the club.  I don't doubt that the board can balance a budget and host matches.

how is your fundraising for the new stand coming along? been a few years since you had that easy solution?!
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 14:28:52 pm »

VI can you post be a link to the very detailed open interview?

I have watched the one above but only shows KT repeating the same thing time and time again.

If everything is so great off the pitch (or what isn't is the whole blame of NBC) then why have we had 3 managers this season, been relegated with the worst goal difference in our history (?) and fan apathy everywhere.

The most telling piece of that video was the most important question - what about medium and long term? Well this had the shortest answer from you, certainly no detail, no determination   LOL

Sorry KT but it is not hindsight, I said in January we would be relegated, I said 2 years ago you would not build the East stand.

Last season we would have been relegated if it were not for the overspill (and unbeaten start) in confidence from the Championship winning season, it has been downhill ever since CW left.

There are some very good members of staff at NTFC but the club has treaded water for 8 years now, many of those staff have been there for much of that, we have underperformed in at least 6 of those seasons, something has to change

Nothing in that video inspired me to think that anything would change, KT is feeling very sorry for himself and is living off his relationship with CW.

Kelvin, I will support you 100% if you start putting NTFC first, that you want this club to be the best in can be, in that we will learn what makes other clubs successful and follow their lead, in that Northampton can and should be supporting Championship football and that I will do everything in my power to make that happen. Then and only then will on the pitch results actually start over-performing the football club (see Accrington, Wycombe and Burton for examples)

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 14:30:32 pm »

Yes, a good response from KT, and honest about our on the field problems and him accepting responsibility for those was good.

However, off the field not much of substance....we're waiting for the council to "normalise" the leases and then.....what?? Yes, get the East stand finished but what does that entail? Just some boxes and a lounge or two?
Kelvin has already said there is no business case for an increase in general capacity or anything like that. So I don't know that the redev will amount to anything much at all.

He also said he sent an email to the Council in September and seems to say they have never responded to it at all, and indeed the last communication with the council was in December. So yes, he points to council inaction....but what are they preventing the club from doing? He also said that he and DB via CDNL already control the land, so is the lease thing just a big red herring anyway?

Good to hear we will have a "competitive budget", more than in the championship season, although we had to dip into the loan market big time that season and in fact it was the loanees (Marquis, Collins et al) who really made the difference.That and a manager who knew what he was doing!!

Very non-committal about Dean Austin....reviewed at the end of the season. I'd expect it to be very soon after the season ends, however it might make more sense to leave DA in place to sort out the retained list as he's the one with first hand knowledge of players performances in training and in games. He's already made decisions along those lines with things like the disappearance of Bunney and the re-introduction of McWilliams, giving youngsters a chance to make the first team squad etc, quite a difference from JFH's days.

So for me, a mixed bag in that interview, some good, some not so good, but credit to him for putting something out there.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest168

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 14:33:46 pm »

KT doesn't want fan involvement - well only when it suits him so crowdfunding is not going to happen, rather than being flippant with meccano take it up with KT

He hasnt paid back the £10k to the Trust nor given them the seat on the board as promised when NBC wrote of £10m to allow him to take control.  And he wonders why the council are not forthcoming

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 14:41:09 pm »

LOL LOL LOL

Having a decent budget means absolutely SFA at NTFC. Again same old line put out by the Chairman and swallowed hook line and sinker by ******* fans.

Did we have the 23rd lowest budget this season?  Did Accrington have the biggest budget in League 2?  or Wycombe?    Having a decent budget helps IF you have a club / town believing in what you are doing, that you sign players who want to progress and use NTFC as a platform rather than a pay day

Fair play to KT for making a video but again a total lack of inspiration or ambition, just the usual sound bites. People stop listening to KT and start looking at his actions and what is happening at NTFC.

Again moaning about NBC but he has submitted NO plans, NO ideas, NO detail. If he came out and said I need the council to do this so that I can do this, this and this, he would get far greater support but he hasn't. I suspect that NBC don't want history repeating itself, NBC can't comment on building plans if none are submitted.

Is it possible for you,Man04 and Meccano to form a consortium and get on with your vision(s). Perhaps Beds will join you? There might be one or two others. Action always speak louder than words!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 14:51:42 pm »

would love to Evers !!!

I truly want NTFC to succeed, that is why I went back to help out when KT took over, however very little had changed from DC in that season. Despite saving / earning the club around 10k that season, I never once spoke with KT, he was always too busy.

Although some things have improved for the volunteers, not enough IMHO.

As said there are many Cobblers fans with equal or more than skilled / qualified to at least do no worse, as I have said Wycombe seem to have managed.

We would certainly bring much needed passion and ambition  LOL

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 15:02:20 pm »

KT doesn't want fan involvement - well only when it suits him so crowdfunding is not going to happen, rather than being flippant with meccano take it up with KT

He hasnt paid back the £10k to the Trust nor given them the seat on the board as promised when NBC wrote of £10m to allow him to take control.  And he wonders why the council are not forthcoming

He never borrowed the 10k.

The council never stated at all, that releasing the club from any responsibility for the missing millions was in any way contingent on the Trust getting a seat on the board.

So... Wrong.  And wrong again..
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 15:11:25 pm »

Not what the Trust say Tel, haven't you seen their latest statement ?

Agreed the 10k didn't go into his bank account, I believe it was more of a gentlemen's agreement that it would be paid back, the Trust made the payment to ease the pressures on staff of running the football club during the talks KT / NBC / DC

so right and right again   Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: