The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:27:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kelvin's Interview Post-Walsall

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvin's Interview Post-Walsall  (Read 2786 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 15:20:49 pm »

Random- you read what you want to read! Please point out where i use the phase 'everything is great off the pitch'? I said I would reserve my judgement for when the Council give a decision on the leases.Then I expect ACTION.

Try again!
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 15:34:07 pm »

VI - it's alway been " I will wait"   OK so how quick do you expect action?

Did you ever post " I will wait and see" before, re DC or KT, perhaps wait till Xmas, wait til start of the season, or the start of new year, before the end of the season etc etc. I apologise if you haven't but many have said that and we are still waiting

KT is certainly very angry with NBC (as most of Northampton is, at least he doesn't live here like most of us !) BUT if I was chomping at the bit to get on and build some exciting and fantastic then I would be telling everyone this is what I am waiting to do, but no we get nothing from him and then he wonders why he has received criticism. 

If you want to see KT's version of development now, take a look behind the away stand on Saturday for his acceptable version of improvement for NTFC

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 15:36:14 pm »

General fan apathy?

On what basis?!?!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 15:50:31 pm »

Not what the Trust say Tel, haven't you seen their latest statement ?

Agreed the 10k didn't go into his bank account, I believe it was more of a gentlemen's agreement that it would be paid back, the Trust made the payment to ease the pressures on staff of running the football club during the talks KT / NBC / DC

so right and right again   Smiley

I was on the Trust board at the time.

The original agreement to have a Trust member on the board was with the original lease, and carried on begrudgingly under DC. In fact. I'm not sure if it is true. DC told me it was in no way a formal thing. It was NEVER agreed with the council when KT signed to lease. KT stated that he didn't see the need for it for two reasons. Firstly, he didn't see the need or anticipate formal board meetings. Secondly, he felt that if they did have the occasional board meeting, it could well be outside of the UK..

KT did not borrow the money. He wasn't even in charge when it was borrowed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 16:04:50 pm »

Thanks Tel but the Trust statement said it was a conditional of the writing off of £10m loan.

So a company with £3m plus turnover, employing 100's of staff (most part-time) doesn't expect to have board meetings??

Kt doesn't want the fans (Trust)  really knowing too much, isn't that the real reason ?? Plenty of evidence of this with the east stand / development and the Chinese non-deal.

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 16:08:40 pm »

Random, I think you are wrong and Tel is right, maybe a Trust board member will will clarify .
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 16:09:01 pm »

Pretty certain the ten grand was to cover staff wages (while DC was still at the helm)....so go after the staff if you want it back
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2018, 16:15:12 pm »

Thanks Tel but the Trust statement said it was a conditional of the writing off of £10m loan.

So a company with £3m plus turnover, employing 100's of staff (most part-time) doesn't expect to have board meetings??

Kt doesn't want the fans (Trust)  really knowing too much, isn't that the real reason ?? Plenty of evidence of this with the east stand / development and the Chinese non-deal.

I can't comment on the board meetings. He might just think like most football chairman, it's his business. Our job stops at being supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 16:15:36 pm »

The Trust have answered this on a few occasions and have said they are trying to get KT to pay it back it some form or another. They certainly have not said that I am wrong and it has nothing to do with KT

The Trust made a statement re the seat on the board / NBC again insisting that they should have a seat on the board.

Yes 12th it was made to the staff, so the club was able to run so that it would make it easier for KT to purchase the club, as in the club would have staff there etc, The Trust made the payment as DC wouldn't and KT didn't have control.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2018, 16:20:22 pm »

Tel, thats the problem isn't it?  Football should not be just a business, it is special and very different.

i didn't see fans of Toys R Us rattling buckets to save it whereas you know full well how much supporters of NTFC have done to ensure that it still exists to the benefit of KT etc

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2018, 16:24:41 pm »

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Who in their right mind would be the chairman of a football club?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 17:09:57 pm »

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Who in their right mind would be the chairman of a football club?

I blame the fans, we've got to be the only people that hate a product but still carry on using it.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 17:32:58 pm »

I blame the fans, we've got to be the only people that hate a product but still carry on using it.

What choice do we have?
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2018, 19:31:27 pm »

Fair play to KT for the interview and for being so candid and prompt with the response, I wonder how many other chairman in the PL or EFL would do the same and take responsibility for there desision not working out. I will look forward to the further more in-depth press release during the summer and how the managers/team shapes up for nxt season.

As for the others same old bash the chairman and were doomed under him, Blah,Blah,Blah! Get on  with the protests if your that unhappy, starting with I don't know Oldham at home. I'm so bored of this broken record. As has been said before, action speak louder than words!. Oh remember that poll? 85% were happy!!! So rant over!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2018, 19:46:49 pm »

What choice do we have?

Do a Marvo and ‘retire’, come back when it’s something worth supporting?
We all have a choice.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2018, 19:56:15 pm »

Do a Marvo and ‘retire’, come back when it’s something worth supporting?
We all have a choice.
Marvo didn't retire...he was sacked!  Grin

I was also led to believe we had agreed a draw with Walsall, but they clearly didn't keep to the script, though Dutch Beardy did his best!

It was to be known as the Walsall Pact.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2018, 20:49:16 pm »

NBC doesn't like criticism. Expect an announcement in the next couple of days.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 20:58:40 pm »

It’s a fact that when you own a business you constantly get advice from people who have never run one. Rather frustratingly, 99% of the advice is complete bollocks and away with the fairies. When you get involved in a football club this is likely to be magnified a thousand times over. Understand that KT would want to express his annoyance at the criticism, but it comes with the territory. If this season teaches us anything it is that sport is completely unpredictable. Spending money doesn’t guarantee success, in the same way that despite not even paying wages for a time didn’t stop us getting promoted. However, I can’t really add anything constructive to this debate, its took me 3 days to post anything following Walsall as it is, absolutely devastated. All I know is that no matter who is chairman, who we appoint as manager, how big the ground is, or the size of the playing budget, the success of our club will not be guaranteed. Our chances may be improved, but never guaranteed. There will always be a refusal by many fans to accept this concept, which is why I personally would never put myself in KTs position.
Report Spam   Logged
bringbackbroadhurst

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 21:17:29 pm »

NBC doesn't like criticism. Expect an announcement in the next couple of days.

Or not even that long... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-43951824

A spokesman for the council said "We will continue to work privately with the Football Club on these matters, but we believe that NTFC are in a position that enables them to proceed with the completion of the East Stand."
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 21:32:01 pm »

Enough of the finger pointing, for my and the other thick sheep that follow this football clubs benefit, can someone provide an idiots guide to the issues surrounding the East Stand? The council are saying “go ahead”, KT is saying “you won’t let me”. What a load of old sh1t. Is this really intelligent adults running a council that loaned 10 million of public money, and a football club with a 4 million pound turnover, or a primary school playground argument over crayons? When is somebody going to go on the record with the facts? And people wonder why the situation is stagnating, please god is there an end to this nonsense at any point in our future?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: