The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:21:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kelvin's Interview Post-Walsall

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelvin's Interview Post-Walsall  (Read 2847 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2018, 21:39:39 pm »

Enough of the finger pointing, for my and the other thick sheep that follow this football clubs benefit, can someone provide an idiots guide to the issues surrounding the East Stand? The council are saying “go ahead”, KT is saying “you won’t let me”. What a load of old sh1t. Is this really intelligent adults running a council that loaned 10 million of public money, and a football club with a 4 million pound turnover, or a primary school playground argument over crayons? When is somebody going to go on the record with the facts? And people wonder why the situation is stagnating, please god is there an end to this nonsense at any point in our future?
I'll think you'll find it's got more to do with the reaction of the tax payers why this whole sorry tale is a) private and always behind closed doors) b) got very little to do with the land underneath the east stand.
TBH I am fcuking sick to death of the whole thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 23:09:01 pm »

I'll think you'll find it's got more to do with the reaction of the tax payers why this whole sorry tale is a) private and always behind closed doors) b) got very little to do with the land underneath the east stand.
TBH I am fcuking sick to death of the whole thing.

I think that most (if not all) of us agree.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2677

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 23:19:46 pm »

Marvo didn't retire...he was sacked!  Grin

I was also led to believe we had agreed a draw with Walsall, but they clearly didn't keep to the script, though Dutch Beardy did his best!

It was to be known as the Walsall Pact.
I like that, very good.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 08:20:31 am »

I do feel for KT getting blamed for 3 failed managers. Recent history will show all of our League One managers have failed, so by virtue of having to find managers at our ceiling level he was always going to be up against it (especially when they all looked reasonable 'on paper').
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 10:17:33 am »

I think some people need to get real.

Yes, our last three managers have all failed. However, how many of those bemoaning KT's choices realistically thought they'd all fail so horribly? All had reasonable CV's at levels at least equal to where we were. None were serial relegation candidates. All had playing experience, all had previous managerial experience. All were given competitive budgets.

I really don't see how you can hold any chairman responsible for the ensuing failures. The only possible criticism is that KT could and should have got rid of JFH a month or so earlier.

I think he knows this and I'm sure he has learnt a valuable lesson, albeit the hard way.

I'm not going to get drawn into discussion around the ground development. I don't know the ins and outs so silly to comment.

I hold players and manager(s) most accountable for our demise this season - KT's is but a bit part role.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 10:23:06 am »

How much football league management experience, prior to appointment at NTFC, did the managers have who have won us promotion in the last 35 years? Except Chris Wilder.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 12:48:15 pm »

How much football league management experience, prior to appointment at NTFC, did the managers have who have won us promotion in the last 35 years? Except Chris Wilder.

Some you win with, some you lose with, unfortunately 3 of our last four have been in the latter category.
Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 13:00:33 pm »

KT's track record here is 3 out of 3 failures. Any other job........................................
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 13:01:30 pm »

I think some people need to get real.

Yes, our last three managers have all failed. However, how many of those bemoaning KT's choices realistically thought they'd all fail so horribly? All had reasonable CV's at levels at least equal to where we were. None were serial relegation candidates. All had playing experience, all had previous managerial experience. All were given competitive budgets.

I really don't see how you can hold any chairman responsible for the ensuing failures. The only possible criticism is that KT could and should have got rid of JFH a month or so earlier.

I think he knows this and I'm sure he has learnt a valuable lesson, albeit the hard way.

I'm not going to get drawn into discussion around the ground development. I don't know the ins and outs so silly to comment.

I hold players and manager(s) most accountable for our demise this season - KT's is but a bit part role.

Great and well thought post. Your last sentence has my full support!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 13:07:19 pm »

KT's track record here is 3 out of 3 failures. Any other job........................................

All of which were met with almost universal praise.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 13:24:45 pm »

All of which were met with almost universal praise.

My response to that would be we don't get to carry out the interviews or manage their performance when appointed.

The odd man out from our recent appointments was Boothroyd who looked very sound for a fair while and then lost the plot (particularly on the Platt/Akinfenwa issue).

Ian Sampson was sacked too soon.

Off Topic - if Gerrard get's the Rangers job I'd be amazed if he was a success.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 13:42:24 pm »

One of the reasons Oxford fans wanted to get rid of Wilder was they thought he didn't have enough football league experience to kick them on after promotion out of The Conference.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 14:00:31 pm »

One of the reasons Oxford fans wanted to get rid of Wilder was they thought he didn't have enough football league experience to kick them on after promotion out of The Conference.

Don't forget the boring, negative and defensive football he played.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 14:00:56 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/chairman-thomas-opens-up-on-frustration-devastation-and-anger-at-cobblers-sky-bet-league-one-relegation-1-8480945

Transcript for those of us without iFollow...
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 14:20:52 pm »

Don't forget the boring, negative and defensive football he played.
Yes, tbf Wilder was a s***e player...even in his one appearance for us!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2018, 12:55:47 pm »

I don’t object to KT and support him , but you have to say he does dumb things down a bit.
In mentioning all the games we did okay in , he fails to mention the likes of Rochdale , Gillingham and Charlton where we were appalling .
He also fails to mention the serious concerns over training techniques held by the players and the very poor recruitment policy in January .
There have been some serious questions over the club that have not been addressed .
I would say there has been mis management on the playing side for some time now , going right back to Page’s days

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2018, 13:07:26 pm »

I don’t object to KT and support him , but you have to say he does dumb things down a bit.
In mentioning all the games we did okay in , he fails to mention the likes of Rochdale , Gillingham and Charlton where we were appalling .
He also fails to mention the serious concerns over training techniques held by the players and the very poor recruitment policy in January .
There have been some serious questions over the club that have not been addressed .
I would say there has been mis management on the playing side for some time now , going right back to Page’s days

He's a better politician impersonator than any single politician I've ever heard. He has 90% of our fans in his pocket because he's so good at it!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2018, 17:48:50 pm »

He's a better politician impersonator than any single politician I've ever heard. He has 90% of our fans in his pocket because he's so good at it!  Grin
He’s a very good front man and would make a good politician actually .
I do think his public persona is different to his business profile though.
I would say he takes no prisoners whereas publicly he is a bit bland .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: