The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 11:54:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?  (Read 30611 times)
Turf Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2018, 09:25:24 am »

Well it seems the EFL have said the domestic transfer window has been open since May 7th. Any news on who NTFC have earmarked for departure or arrival?
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2018, 11:06:16 am »

I'd be nervous to get rid of Buchs and Maloney - they may not be what they once were but I still think they can do a job in L2 when called upon.
Report Spam   Logged

OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2018, 15:10:39 pm »

Some players that have recently been released / made available that could fit the bill of what we need and are realistic targets:

Scott Cuthbert of Luton - Powerful centre half
Steve Davies of Rochdale - Big strong centre forward who can finish
Anthony Wordsworth of Southend - Talented ball playing centre midfielder
Jermaine McGlashan of Southend - Pacy winger (not sure if bit past it now)
Byron Moore of Bristol Rovers - Pacy winger
Lee Brown of Southend - Solid left back
Zeli Ismael of Bury - Useful winger
Florent Cuvelier of Walsall - Useful centre midfielder
George Glendon of Fleetwood - Tricky midfielder
Wes Thomas of Oxford - Clinical striker would be excellent in league 2
Kai Naismith of Portsmouth - Quick and direct wide forward
Will Aimson of Blackpool - Useful centre back
George Francomb of Wimbledon - good wide player

And then there is a bunch of talented players available from Boro that we could try to tempt to cross the Nene: Jack Baldwin, Anthony Grant, Chris Forrester, Junior Morias, Michael Doughty, Jermaine Anderson.

Don't be surprised to see at least one of these names pop of at the Cobblers!
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2018, 15:17:48 pm »

I personally would make Steve Davies, Wes Thomas, and Anthony Wordsworth key targets out of them
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2018, 15:45:20 pm »

Some players that have recently been released / made available that could fit the bill of what we need and are realistic targets:

Scott Cuthbert of Luton - Powerful centre half
Steve Davies of Rochdale - Big strong centre forward who can finish
Anthony Wordsworth of Southend - Talented ball playing centre midfielder
Jermaine McGlashan of Southend - Pacy winger (not sure if bit past it now)
Byron Moore of Bristol Rovers - Pacy winger
Lee Brown of Southend - Solid left back
Zeli Ismael of Bury - Useful winger
Florent Cuvelier of Walsall - Useful centre midfielder
George Glendon of Fleetwood - Tricky midfielder
Wes Thomas of Oxford - Clinical striker would be excellent in league 2
Kai Naismith of Portsmouth - Quick and direct wide forward
Will Aimson of Blackpool - Useful centre back
George Francomb of Wimbledon - good wide player

And then there is a bunch of talented players available from Boro that we could try to tempt to cross the Nene: Jack Baldwin, Anthony Grant, Chris Forrester, Junior Morias, Michael Doughty, Jermaine Anderson.

Don't be surprised to see at least one of these names pop of at the Cobblers!

I think there is a reason they are released from these clubs. I would set the bar higher!
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2018, 17:28:39 pm »

I think there is a reason they are released from these clubs. I would set the bar higher!

For the majority, the reason is probably that they're not good enough for League One. So it's a good job we're in League Two. Some players are just really good in League Two but can't make the step up to League One. According to fans and pundits, Kal Naismith was class the year we won the league, scored 15 goals from midfield including a screamer against us. Wes Thomas got into double figures this past season and has a good record at League Two level. Wordsworth has looked decent the few times I've seen him too.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2018, 17:36:50 pm »

Of course there is a reason, but we are a league TWO team next season, and all of those players are leaving league ONE sides. There are some very good players within that list. Out of interest, could you name me a player that you think we should pursue? I'm interested to hear other perspectives!
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2018, 18:49:28 pm »

Just because they are available doesn't mean they have been released they may not want to sign a new contract, also because a player has been released doesn't make them rubbish either
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2018, 21:48:24 pm »

I'd release Barnett & bring in Cuthbert from Luton...

Was their club captain & a leader/winner - exactly what we need in L2
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2018, 22:44:10 pm »

Just because they are available doesn't mean they have been released they may not want to sign a new contract, also because a player has been released doesn't make them rubbish either

Exactly, John Marquis wasn't good enough for us when we were promoted to League One.
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2018, 09:18:32 am »

I'd take Naismith and Thomas from that list for starters.
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2018, 09:33:02 am »

Some great names available, be interesting to see if we manage to ship anybody out sharpish.

Have the feeling we won't be seeing any incoming until there are outgoings.

Would certainly have Cuthbert, Naismith or Thomas out of that list but would need them to be replacing one of our current crop, ie Thomas in for Van Veen etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:38 am »

DA has said he wants a senior squad of 23 (3 GK, 20 outfield).

Assuming that is 2 players for each outfield position, and not including the youth crop, we aren't far off so I imagine there will just be a few like for like swaps (Bowditch, Kasim, KVV, Turnbull, Bunney if we can get rid of them, along with anyone else who doesnt want to be here) + an additional striker and winger
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2018, 12:34:22 pm »

DA has said he wants a senior squad of 23 (3 GK, 20 outfield).

Assuming that is 2 players for each outfield position, and not including the youth crop, we aren't far off so I imagine there will just be a few like for like swaps (Bowditch, Kasim, KVV, Turnbull, Bunney if we can get rid of them, along with anyone else who doesnt want to be here) + an additional striker and winger

If we only add 2 or 3 to what we have I can honestly see us doing a chesterfield.
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2018, 12:37:21 pm »

I'd like to see us resign Ben Tozer.
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2018, 13:52:12 pm »

If we only add 2 or 3 to what we have I can honestly see us doing a chesterfield.

So you believe the below team, as an example and including 2 new signings to meet your quota would get relegated from League 2?

O'Donnell

Facey Taylor Pierre Buchanan

O'Toole McWilliams

Crooks New Signing Powell

New Signing

Subs:
Cornell
Moloney
Turnbull
Foley
Bridge
Waters
Hoskins

I mean I'm not about to say that will rip the league up and I acknowledge that fan's confidence is rightly at a low ebb after relegation but come on! There is enough there to stay up and thus overachieve on your prediction.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2018, 14:42:04 pm »

I think DA is right. There aren't many players in our squad that I don't particularly rate and most of them I think are potentially very good! The problem last season was they were played in roles that they didn't know/weren't suited to and as a result were pretty much hung out to dry by our first two useless managers.

The results(and more importantly the performances) DA got out of them in the last few matches suggests that he'll get them playing to their strengths and as a team, particularly once he's had a preseason to get his ideas fully into them.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2995

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2018, 15:55:55 pm »

Anyone that thinks we will sign Chris Long after his release from Burnley - think again .
No chance .
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2018, 16:59:11 pm »

Francis Jno Baptiste on loan from Palace.
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2018, 17:15:49 pm »

Francis Jno Baptiste on loan from Palace.

I've not heard of him, what kind of player is he? Is this a rumour or a player you rate?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: