The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:27:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?  (Read 30575 times)
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #360 on: June 15, 2018, 15:42:03 pm »

Interesting to find out which players would join JFH if he gets the Doncaster job (now odds on favourite). I suspect VVW would leave to join him and possibly Turnbull and Bunney. Can't see many others wanting to play for him though.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #361 on: June 15, 2018, 15:49:15 pm »

But actually has bugger all quality

Again agree with this Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #362 on: June 15, 2018, 16:17:20 pm »

I don’t think anyone’s claiming he is messi, he is a grafter and one of our many issues last season was a lack of balance between the so called flair players and the workers. He’s also nowhere near as limited as some are making out.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2018, 18:14:20 pm »

I don’t think anyone’s claiming he is messi, he is a grafter and one of our many issues last season was a lack of balance between the so called flair players and the workers. He’s also nowhere near as limited as some are making out.

He's like Gilligan. But without a goal in him. Much better players out there... Especially if people are suggesting sticking him out wide. Him, Powell and Hoskins would probably chip in with 5 goals if they all played behind a lone striker.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2018, 18:34:36 pm »

He's like Gilligan. But without a goal in him. Much better players out there... Especially if people are suggesting sticking him out wide. Him, Powell and Hoskins would probably chip in with 5 goals if they all played behind a lone striker.

Fair enough, it’s all about opinions. I just feel that prior to the injury he picked up pre season he was looking decent - I think it set him back and then JED was replaced by the tactical genius that was JFH and he didn’t get much of a look in despite some players (crooks, Powell, grimes) drifting in and out of form.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 15, 2018, 21:50:42 pm »

Fair enough, it’s all about opinions. I just feel that prior to the injury he picked up pre season he was looking decent - I think it set him back and then JED was replaced by the tactical genius that was JFH and he didn’t get much of a look in despite some players (crooks, Powell, grimes) drifting in and out of form.

Agreed. He was picking out players for fun against Sileby and The Red Lion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest47

« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2018, 22:07:33 pm »

No-one is like Gilligan  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Stig

View Profile
Windows User Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2018, 22:26:31 pm »

Kasim,Bowditch,1 goalkeeper (Coddington) out
Keep rest
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC till i die
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #368 on: June 16, 2018, 14:08:35 pm »

Austin: 'If the first game of the season was tomorrow and I had this squad then I’d be very happy'.

Quite a claim for a team that finished on -34 goal difference, but I take his point. On paper this is a very decent squad for this level. Our problems last season were primarily down to tactics and 'character' rather than innate ability. If Austin keeps the tactics fairly simple and on the front foot and selects the right kind of characters (e.g. McWilliams, Barnett and Foley - all three of whom were unfairly neglected by JFH) then we should have a good season.

Personally, though I still feel we need a pacey attacking midielder/playmaker type:
Morais would fit the bill.

ROD
       Facey  Taylor  Barnett Buchanan

McWilliams  Crooks
                        O'Toole

Powell               New AM
                 Williams
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #369 on: June 16, 2018, 15:31:54 pm »

ROD
       Facey  Taylor  Barnett Buchanan

McWilliams  Crooks
                        O'Toole

Powell               New AM
                 Williams
A reasonable team but would be a lot better with Peirre instead of Barnett
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #370 on: June 17, 2018, 18:30:52 pm »

Why Bowditch and vV? vV hardly played, injured and cost money! Bowditch is an established lower league player. I have seen Turnbull put in some decent performances!

Interesting view - imo Bowditch was poor first time round and even worse this time - I want players for my team that care hence I won’t even waste text on vV
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 18, 2018, 08:53:08 am »

I'd be happy if we could just get a few to go out on loan again so they don't take up a massive wage from us, or be sold/released if we have no intention of playing the,. As it stands at the minute I can see us like this (Reserves in brackets):

ROD (Cornell)

Facey (Phillips) Ash (Barnett) Pierre (Turnbull) Buchs (Bunney)

Powell (Whaler) JJ (Foley) McWilliams (Bridge) Crooks (Roberts)

Williams (Waters) Van Veen (Hoskins)

To go out on loan (or Sold): Iaciofano, Goff (Bowditch, Coddington, Kasim)

All could change if people want to leave and find a buyer, but I cannot see that happening at the minute. Still plenty of the window left though.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 18, 2018, 09:14:32 am »

Interesting view - imo Bowditch was poor first time round and even worse this time - I want players for my team that care hence I won’t even waste text on vV

2 spells the club and I have no idea what his position is. Definitely top of my list to be sold - but strongly doubt we'd sell him. Any rich Conference clubs this season?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #373 on: June 18, 2018, 14:04:19 pm »

I'd be happy if we could just get a few to go out on loan again so they don't take up a massive wage from us, or be sold/released if we have no intention of playing the,. As it stands at the minute I can see us like this (Reserves in brackets):

ROD (Cornell)

Facey (Phillips) Ash (Barnett) Pierre (Turnbull) Buchs (Bunney)

Powell (Whaler) JJ (Foley) McWilliams (Bridge) Crooks (Roberts)

Williams (Waters) Van Veen (Hoskins)

To go out on loan (or Sold): Iaciofano, Goff (Bowditch, Coddington, Kasim)

All could change if people want to leave and find a buyer, but I cannot see that happening at the minute. Still plenty of the window left though.

This just shows that wingers should be top priority. Only one first team winger in the squad (Powell). Not sure if Whaler/Roberts are getting anywhere near the first team next season and I think Crooks is wasted out wide. 2 more needed on the assumption Hoskins/Bunney can fill in there when needed.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2018, 10:20:00 am »

RINALDO WILL DO FOR A START!!!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2018, 10:22:24 am »