The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 09:53:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?  (Read 30601 times)
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2018, 17:24:53 pm »

There are goals in van veen if he wants to be here
Report Spam   Logged
sussexcobbler

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2018, 17:28:25 pm »

surely Bayo would be worth an approach.  Wycombe may not fancy him in L1 and his goals and assists in L2 were excellent again last year.  Bayo and JJOT on the same pitch.....
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2018, 18:30:41 pm »

Bayo signed a new contract. Move on.

I agree our biggest priority has to be strikers and a midfield enforcer.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2018, 19:27:40 pm »

I wouldn't name any individuals, what I want is the same as I did pre-January…characters, enforcers, leaders. I have no idea who those lower league warriors are but a 'John Gayle up front', a 'Jason Taylor in midfield' and a 'Sammo/Dyche type in Defence' would be where Id be prioritising.

We *may well have two of those already in McWilliams and Pierre (who was seen as that type of player at Wycombe). Neither of these players played for us much last season for different reasons. But we certainly need a character up front. Of course a winger wouldn't go amiss but I think Bunney and Powell will be just fine flanking a strong midfield next season in league2.

I said the same thing before the January window opened. Getting rid of players is far more important. And theres a good half a dozen Id be looking to ship out for different reasons before even worrying about bringing anyone new into the squad!
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2018, 19:52:27 pm »

If you could get the likes of James Hanson even on a season long loan then i believe we have a chance to do very well.

These players i would like to see -

James Hanson
John Akinde
Clayton Donaldson
Dave Tarpey

you give these types of players decent service they will score goals
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2018, 20:00:09 pm »

Hoskins and Foley will struggle in L2?

Yep, imo.

Let me remind you again hoskins was a squad player only in our champ season. He is bottom end lg2 /top end confrence at best and I hope we won't be playing him as a forward. Foley has spent much if his career in LG 2 with yeovil and the like. He might be alright, but if either are near out starting 11, I would suggest we won't be competing near the top 8
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2018, 20:03:03 pm »

If you could get the likes of James Hanson even on a season long loan then i believe we have a chance to do very well.

James Hanson
John Akinde
Clayton Donaldson
Dave Tarpey

Hylton and a hanson type would be a good pairing imo
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2018, 20:47:02 pm »

Dave Tarpey!!!! What.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2018, 21:12:06 pm »

Hoskins or one legged Tarpey.... i know who i would rather  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2018, 21:33:09 pm »

Yep, imo.

Let me remind you again hoskins was a squad player only in our champ season. He is bottom end lg2 /top end confrence at best and I hope we won't be playing him as a forward. Foley has spent much if his career in LG 2 with yeovil and the like. He might be alright, but if either are near out starting 11, I would suggest we won't be competing near the top 8
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2018, 04:22:51 am »

James Hanson
John Akinde
Clayton Donaldson
Dave Tarpey

James Hanson has only scored once since January last year. His return of eighty something goals in 300 games for BCFC isn't that great either.

If you're playing two up front then his strength would be a good foil for a natural goalscorer
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest170

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2018, 06:32:36 am »

Danny Rowe from Fylde as a punt from non league, had 2 good seasons with Fylde and will want to make a name for himself in the football league I'm sure
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2018, 08:11:02 am »

Yep, imo.

Good point. You'd think if he was put up for sale, only teams in the bottom half of League Two would have any interest.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2018, 08:28:48 am »

Id Keep Hoskins.
Needs to improve his finishing but will chase everything all day and doesnt stop. He's like a terrier giving defenders no time on the ball.

Hoskin & VV could work if they both want it to

I wouldnt be surprised if we tried to resign Grimes again
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2018, 08:35:45 am »

Id Keep Hoskins.
Needs to improve his finishing but will chase everything all day and doesnt stop. He's like a terrier giving defenders no time on the ball.

Hoskin & VV could work if they both want it to

I wouldnt be surprised if we tried to resign Grimes again

VV wont be here
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2018, 10:09:16 am »

VV wont be here

A number of you keep saying this. 
Apart from a remark at the end of season thing, what is this based on because he is still under contract for another two years?
Starting with 'I think/believe' isn't the response...
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2018, 11:24:44 am »

it is based on fact
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2018, 11:54:50 am »

it is based on fact

Shouldn't that be preceded by "I believe"?
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2018, 12:04:46 pm »

Based on what DA has repeatedly said about his footballing "philosophies" he'll be looking for athletic, borderline aggressive, attack minded players.

Feel free to state which of the current crop fit that billet and add any others from elsewhere - if you can think of any...

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2018, 12:13:09 pm »

Shouldn't that be preceded by "I believe"?

nope
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: