The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 09:43:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which players would you like to see the club try to sign?  (Read 30600 times)
ntfc01

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2018, 13:20:52 pm »

it is based on fact

What fact is this
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2018, 13:24:05 pm »

Hoskins is s***e fact..
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2018, 13:53:51 pm »

Hoskins is s***e fact..

Better get used to it - Austin is obviously a big fan.
I notice Nathan Thomas has been released by Sheffield Utd - he’d be a cracking signing but will be in high demand. I agree with the poster who said about Clayton Donaldson - he’d be the ideal kind of target man striker we could do with.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2018, 13:55:25 pm »

From what Austin said in his interview, it would seem that movement of players in may be less than more.

Seems to indicate he likes a compact squad and that last two windows were too busy.

Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 14:13:33 pm »

A bit worrying bearing in mind we’ve got kasim and bowditch amongst several others who are clearly surplus to requirements - it’s very noble to think that they could be coached into being productive squad members but I don’t think fergie in his pomp would have been able to get a tune out of them.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2018, 14:45:02 pm »

Confident we'll do ok in League 2. It's the almost complete inability to cope in League 1 which is a bigger concern and one that no chairman has got to grips with (give or take a few years) over a century +.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2018, 15:42:40 pm »

if Austin plays Hoskins as his main striker than we are in a world of sh!t.

I think he will be a player that comes off the bench to run and alot. its a shame VV doesn't share the same work ethic. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2018, 16:08:37 pm »

it is based on fact

The fact that he has requested a transfer is the only fact u require,  so u are quite correct.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2018, 17:48:11 pm »

The fact that he has requested a transfer is the only fact u require,  so u are quite correct.

Just wondered as haven't heard anything in the chron or on the website saying this
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2018, 17:59:07 pm »

Just wondered as haven't heard anything in the chron or on the website saying this

There are quite a few things not out in the press that have/ are / will happen.

For example why Facey was dropped from the squad being an example.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2018, 18:01:47 pm »

There are quite a few things not out in the press that have/ are / will happen.

For example why Facey was dropped from the squad being an example.

So are you implying Facey is on his bike, too?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2018, 19:19:49 pm »

So that's KvV, Facey and RO'D not going to be here next season? Any more?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2018, 19:23:41 pm »

Better get used to it - Austin is obviously a big fan.
I notice Nathan Thomas has been released by Sheffield Utd - he’d be a cracking signing but will be in high demand. I agree with the poster who said about Clayton Donaldson - he’d be the ideal kind of target man striker we could do with.

If he plays hoskins up top (or anywhere other than being a squad player) je will be gone by xmas fact
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2018, 20:00:04 pm »

If he plays hoskins up top (or anywhere other than being a squad player) je will be gone by xmas fact

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you - just stating that DA (not JE!) obviously rates him. As many have said before Hoskins has great work rate and decent pace but absolutely no strikers instinct - we need at least 2 if not 3 good additions up top.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2018, 20:16:55 pm »

It’s interesting that DA is quoted as saying he is expecting strategic rather than wholesale changes, this flies in the face of people on here suggesting that Taylor, facey and O’Donnell amongst others are going to leave - if this is going to be the case then we’re going to need more than strategic changes if we’re going to compete. If we were to start next season with Cornell, moloney, buchs, Barnett and Pierre as the back 5 we’ll be lucky to finish mid table.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2018, 06:03:14 am »

So are you implying Facey is on his bike, too?

No,  just an example of somthing that hasn't been made public
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2018, 06:24:59 am »

There are a number of players that have openly said they will not play at league 2 level .
Whether or not these players get moved depends on contract clauses and if they can get the same money elsewhere . We might also have to recover transfer fees into six figures .
Austin will not want those players around though - look at how Long and Van Veen were treated at the end of the season . There’s a reason for that .
Unfortunately some of the committed ones are the ones you don’t want to keep .
The defence worries me greatly , especially if someone comes in for Ash .
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2018, 07:44:04 am »

Been thinking about this for a few days and reading other posts, I think we need to accept that we will not see a huge influx of players this summer. I suspect that a major factor in DA being given the job full time was that he believes the current squad is strong enough to get us out of league 2 and he is prepared to use youth players throughout the season.

Therefore I would expect (my opinion) to see O'Donnell leave, I think that cornell is sufficient back up and coddington/goff will be given to opportunity to become number 1 (promoting youth).

Kasim and Bowditch will leave as they are surplus to requirements.

If Facey leaves I would expect Moloney to be first choice and then possibly Mcwilliams jnr given a chance during pre-season to prove he merits a place in the first team squad.

I would like Van Veen to stay, I know he's looked useless but league 2 with Hoskins or Waters doing the running up top supporting I think he could score a lot of goals next season. However it would not surprise me to see him leave.

Finally, I would let Foley leave, whilst I think he is a good player I think we and specifically Mcwilliams would benefit from having a more experienced midfield general to learn from and to bring on and boss the midfiled when required.
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2018, 07:56:13 am »

Been thinking about this for a few days and reading other posts, I think we need to accept that we will not see a huge influx of players this summer. I suspect that a major factor in DA being given the job full time was that he believes the current squad is strong enough to get us out of league 2 and he is prepared to use youth players throughout the season.

Therefore I would expect (my opinion) to see O'Donnell leave, I think that cornell is sufficient back up and coddington/goff will be given to opportunity to become number 1 (promoting youth).

Kasim and Bowditch will leave as they are surplus to requirements.

If Facey leaves I would expect Moloney to be first choice and then possibly Mcwilliams jnr given a chance during pre-season to prove he merits a place in the first team squad.

I would like Van Veen to stay, I know he's looked useless but league 2 with Hoskins or Waters doing the running up top supporting I think he could score a lot of goals next season. However it would not surprise me to see him leave.

Finally, I would let Foley leave, whilst I think he is a good player I think we and specifically Mcwilliams would benefit from having a more experienced midfield general to learn from and to bring on and boss the midfiled when required.

It's all about opinions but I've got major reservations over moloney - I just think the injuries have taken their toll and he's not half the player he was. In fact we've possibly got issues at both fullbacks as buchs' has lost a yard of pace and has started to get exposed at the far post in the air. I'm just praying that we somehow keep hold of Taylor, jjot and crooks - I think those 3 would give us the basis of a very strong team for league 2. I would also keep hold of foley who is massively underrated and was under-utilised last season - a very good squad player and versatile. Without wanting to sound like a broken record it is up front and in the wide attacking positions that we need proven, experienced quality and these don't grow on trees.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2018, 08:24:26 am »

It's all about opinions but I've got major reservations over moloney - I just think the injuries have taken their toll and he's not half the player he was. In fact we've possibly got issues at both fullbacks as buchs' has lost a yard of pace and has started to get exposed at the far post in the air. I'm just praying that we somehow keep hold of Taylor, jjot and crooks - I think those 3 would give us the basis of a very strong team for league 2. I would also keep hold of foley who is massively underrated and was under-utilised last season - a very good squad player and versatile. Without wanting to sound like a broken record it is up front and in the wide attacking positions that we need proven, experienced quality and these don't grow on trees.
I agree .
Moloney is far too injury prone and is not the player he was .
Buchs is a back up player and is neither quick enough or good enough going forward .
It’s time for a change I’m afraid to say
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: