The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:18:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Confirmed - Dean Austin new permanent NTFC manager

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed - Dean Austin new permanent NTFC manager  (Read 4015 times)
memyhead

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 12, 2018, 10:34:17 am »

Good luck gaffer!

You've provided more enjoyment than the last 3 managers combined...both on and off the pitch.

Keep up with the front-foot football and honest interviews and you'll have the majority behind you all the way.

Really looking forward to the journey

UTC!

From the official website...

Dean Austin added, "I am very proud to have been appointed manager of Northampton Town. The Chairman, the board, the staff, the players and the supporters have had a glimpse at the way I want to work in the last few weeks and I have been delighted with the way everyone has responded.

"I expect the highest of standards, not just on a matchday but every day in training and it is important we create and develop a culture of excellence that allows the players to grow, flourish and excel.

"The supporters can expect us to play in an aggressive way and on the front foot. We will not be afraid to be brave or to take chances but I also want us to be horrible to play against.

"I am very excited by the crop of young players we have in the first team squad and coming through the Academy and it is important we work to develop that pathway further so that players from the under 9s upwards know the path is open for them.

"Our first priority is to try and get the club back to League 1 as soon as possible and to give the supporters some fun and entertainment along the way.

"We have an important summer ahead and we have a lot of work to do."

Jon Brady, who assisted with the first team in the last few weeks of the season, will return to his previous role as manager of the under 18 side and Austin was quick to praise him for his work.

"Jon has been a fantastic support," he said. "He is also doing a first class job helping to produce an exciting group of young players and he will revert back to that role to continue his excellent work albeit with additional first team responsibilities. Given we want that pathway to be open then we will continue to work very closely together and we will be making a new appointment of my assistant manager in due course."

As a player, Austin made more than 450 senior appearances, playing more than 100 times for both Tottenham Hotspur and Crystal Palace. Austin began his coaching career as Head of Recruitment and coach at Southend United in 2005, helping the Shrimpers win two successive promotions to move from League 2 to the Championship.

He moved on to become assistant manager to Brendan Rodgers at Watford and followed Rodgers to Reading. Highly thought of by Watford supporters for his role at Vicarage Road, he returned to the club in January 2015, helping Slaviša Jokanovic's side to win promotion back to the Premier League.

Dean Austin will meet the media at Sixfields on Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 11:45:22 am »

Incase anyone hasn't seen this...great insight into the playing career & ethics of DA

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 11:49:46 am by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 15:25:54 pm »

I agree with the appointment and the continuity it brings to our club.
With the correct ethos of front foot football then his priority must be at least THREE new strikers to see us over a season to challenge at the top of League 2.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 15:58:00 pm »

I agree with the appointment and the continuity it brings to our club.
With the correct ethos of front foot football then his priority must be at least THREE new strikers to see us over a season to challenge at the top of League 2.

Only 3?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 21:30:28 pm »

I'm pleased with this. It's a sensible appointment after his 5 game interview process. Impressed with his what he says and seems motivational and the players responded to him. If he can trim the current squad by 3 or 4 and add a winger, attacking midfielder and a couple of strikers we should go well. He seems to want to encourage the development of youth so hopefully one or two of these will breakthrough- hopefully one being Iacifano. I'm quite enthused.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 00:34:58 am »

Seems to me the only concerns with regards to appointing DA is that he has no experience of managment or track record of success at this level? Unlike er, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 05:36:49 am »

I can understand this appointment and am happy with it. Anyone who managed to get the team performances out of a group of players who lacked the endeavour, urgency, discipline and belief that our team had for 42 games last season deserves a crack at the top job.

His first taste of management and they all need a platform to start somewhere. Given the list of "experienced" options on the table, I'm pleased we're giving Dean the opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 08:16:00 am »

Really pleased with the appointment.

The next few weeks should be interesting and exciting !
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 08:19:43 am »

Deano would not have been my first choice by any stretch,  but he does deserve an opportunity.

Time to unite behind him and hope our stay in league 2 is a short one for the right reasons!
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 08:34:54 am »

GOOD LUCK TO HIM, WE HAVE IMPROVED A LOT SINCE HE WAS MADE TEMP MANGER. THE TWO BEFORE HIM HAD NO CLUE.
Report Spam   Logged
RowN

View Profile
Level 5 Eighth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 08:48:13 am »

I tend to believe managers who where ex defenders, tend to have better managerial jobs, than those that were strikers. I think they know the pressure of trying to keep,clean sheets. However, I just hope we don’t become too defensive and forget how to keep scoring. Hopefully DA has the attitude the best form of defence is attack, attack, attack... but I guess we’ll have to see come August on...
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 09:04:39 am »

Intresting viewpoint from Lawro talking about Darren Moore at West Bromwich,  their situation is very similar to ours (just a bit higher up the spectrum) his done a good job there, but Lawro makes one ir two good points.

Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 09:52:14 am »

I'm pleased Dean has been given the job, he has certainly galvanised the club and the supporters ,in the short time he has been in charge. I would much rather have him in charge  than some know it all manager, who has previously failed elsewhere. Yes, it might not work out, but at the moment his interviews are just what fans are wanting to hear and  am already looking forward to what hopefully will be a quick return to league 1 next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 10:47:36 am »

Incase anyone hasn't seen this...great insight into the playing career & ethics of DA

Great video and love his comments. Thanks for that. I think we might just have found a gem in DA. Reminds me so much of CW.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 12:27:37 pm »

Glad it's been sorted nice and early. Let's see who Austin and Melville can bring in/ship out in the close season.

Will also be interesting to see who comes in as assistant. Hopefully we see a new fitness coach coming in as well for pre-season.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 13:35:08 pm »

I just hope we don’t become too defensive

Given that we shipped 8 goals in our last 5 games (3 against fellow strugglers), I don't see that as being our number 1 concern....

Overall, though, I'm fairly happy with this appointment. Post-Wilder, the constant managerial 'churn' here has been extremely damaging and in many ways the last thing we need is for a completely new man to come in and 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' by making too many changes.

As I've said before, I have two reservations about Austin: tactical acumen and transfer nous. If he can sort the defence out, avoid making any more game-losing substitutions and sign players that have more of an impact than Jack Bridge (who knows - perhaps he'll still come good?) then his ostensibly excellent man-management skills and positive approach should pay dividends.

We will see.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 13:51:55 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 13:39:45 pm »

Finally got round to watching the video - that's outstanding and gives me even more belief that we're in good hands.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 15:18:40 pm »

Austin Powers Cobblers to League 2 Championship

Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 16:26:03 pm »

Did he want us to go down because he knew that if we didn't he wouldn't have got the job?  Evil Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest47

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 18:52:46 pm »

Did he want us to go down because he knew that if we didn't he wouldn't have got the job?  Evil Grin

Haha! That’s taking a concpiracy theory a bit too far. If he had saved us he would have been given the freedom of Sixfields and any contract he wanted.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: