The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:03:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Budgets

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Budgets  (Read 5865 times)
guest3181

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:49:36 am »

Get your keyboard fingers around this.....

https://www.footy.com/footballers-vs-the-fans/#efl-league-one
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:07:04 pm »

That puts us 8th highest in the division. Factor in we had a massive squad compared with most of our rivals and the wage bill would have been top6 over all. What I've assumed since the start of the season. Many of our fans were saying mid table budget wise, although the source is not entirely reliable (!!) Its certainly where I thought we were budget wise.

I suspect Van Veen is earning 4 or 5 grand a week minimum. Again, totally guessing. But using logic at the same time. Logic that includes him coming here in the first place, his previous managers comments when he signed for us, that he's a striker of a good age, that wed have no doubt had competition. Also, geography…its a big ask to get someone to move 2 hours away (or travel every day) unless your going to encourage them to do so!

Id also hazard a guess that Crookes is on a very hefty wage.

Then you've got the likes of Pierre who would have been shopping around, ditto Ash Taylor.

And cord knows how much our keeper is earning, ex championship player and all that!

I put down our crap season in the main to a huge disparity in wages, from those signed pre-Chinese v those signed afterwards. The best way to create a hostile negative working environment is to pay your staff grossly different salaries for doing the same job. That was our biggest mistake by far.

This needs to be addressed and quickly, before the start of next season. Id be looking to cash in on Crookes if only to balance the books, get shot of VV at whatever cost (cut your losses being the term I think!) and move on anyone else who is earning an unjustifiable amount of money. You can get away with paying a star player a lot IF he performs well and justifies the wage, e.g. JJOT. Or even Ash Taylor or our keeper. But we've a few that are earning big wages that will annoy their teammates.

Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:17:23 pm »

What is the source for these figures? I can't see where it says.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 12:33:10 pm »

That puts us 8th highest in the division. Factor in we had a massive squad compared with most of our rivals and the wage bill would have been top6 over all. What I've assumed since the start of the season. Many of our fans were saying mid table budget wise, although the source is not entirely reliable (!!) Its certainly where I thought we were budget wise.

I suspect Van Veen is earning 4 or 5 grand a week minimum. Again, totally guessing. But using logic at the same time. Logic that includes him coming here in the first place, his previous managers comments when he signed for us, that he's a striker of a good age, that wed have no doubt had competition. Also, geography…its a big ask to get someone to move 2 hours away (or travel every day) unless your going to encourage them to do so!

Id also hazard a guess that Crookes is on a very hefty wage.

Then you've got the likes of Pierre who would have been shopping around, ditto Ash Taylor.

And cord knows how much our keeper is earning, ex championship player and all that!

I put down our crap season in the main to a huge disparity in wages, from those signed pre-Chinese v those signed afterwards. The best way to create a hostile negative working environment is to pay your staff grossly different salaries for doing the same job. That was our biggest mistake by far.

This needs to be addressed and quickly, before the start of next season. Id be looking to cash in on Crookes if only to balance the books, get shot of VV at whatever cost (cut your losses being the term I think!) and move on anyone else who is earning an unjustifiable amount of money. You can get away with paying a star player a lot IF he performs well and justifies the wage, e.g. JJOT. Or even Ash Taylor or our keeper. But we've a few that are earning big wages that will annoy their teammates.

Scunny's average wage is less that ours, would vV have been on that much over there?
To 'annoy their team mates' you assume that they are aware of who earns what or would they be guessing, just like you?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 12:53:28 pm »

Scunny's average wage is less that ours, would vV have been on that much over there?
To 'annoy their team mates' you assume that they are aware of who earns what or would they be guessing, just like you?

Scunny's manager said himself that they couldn't get anywhere near the offer we put in…

Ha ha! Its pretty obvious when you sign a player whether or not they will be earning a wage similar to their team mates or not. Id say our wage bill is currently circa 3.5million - about double what it was 2 years ago. Maybe a tad more than double. Divide that by 30 = £2243 a week. Not far off. Factor in from those 30 players, a good number will be on peanuts, its easy to then come to the conclusion that a handful are going to be on a significant amount of wedge to bump the average up. Then its really not hard to work out which specific players wages are going to be most responsible for that given their cv's, position they play, competition to sign them etc.

Obviously all hear say but If I was a player playing for us and one of my team mates was Van Veen it would demotivate me. Gord only knows what Long was earning…direct or not direct from us (contracted to a prem team). Doesn't help when said player doesn't perform as well as those wages suggest he should. Thats the danger.

My view is that our financially lopsided squad, pre and post Chinese 'investment' was the key catalyst to us under performing this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:56 pm »

You do know you've just totally made up that scenario. Then even more bizarrely, attributed our relegation to it.

Be careful. You might start blaming the East stand, or the lack of executive boxes. Oh hang on. That's another load of b0llocks doing the rounds  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 13:37:25 pm »

How do they know the  fans average  wage ? Nobody has ask me how much i earn !
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 14:29:27 pm »

You do know you've just totally made up that scenario. Then even more bizarrely, attributed our relegation to it.

Be careful. You might start blaming the East stand, or the lack of executive boxes. Oh hang on. That's another load of b0llocks doing the rounds  Tongue

So you believe that the pre Chinese signings (Bowditch, Powell, Kasim, Waters etc) were signed with the same budget in mind as those who were signed shortly after (Crookes, Taylor, Long etc). Not even factoring in the January ones?

As a result of effectively having two different budgets to work with, those who came in after the first batch were the ones who were predominantly played, leaving a number of disgruntled players on the side lines.

Maybe if the situation had been managed better we'd have seen different results. But from looking outside in there was no 'togetherness' within the squad, lots of 'factions' within it. Id suggest that wages and a general disparity across the squad with regards to them was a key factor why we were not successful.

Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 14:41:40 pm »

The reason we got relegated was that our previous two managers were unable to find an effective way to utilise our squad combined with some very poor signings.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 14:43:30 pm »

Too many playing Championship Manager on here...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest168

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 14:48:48 pm »

Another season where the club have massively under performed.

You are right Hammy the East stand / executive boxes didn’t relegate ya but an overall malice of the club. It is pretty much fact that a solid, well balanced football  club will holds its own and special ingredients / factors can see it overachieving.

Another season where the large spending  on players has achieved nothing, in fact the Opposite is true. As I said in another thread, which u ignore Hammy as u know it’s true and reflects very badly on KT is some medium term vision and spending would benefit NTFC far more than pandering to dumb fans with constantly changing managers and signing / sacking a merry go round of mediocre footballers
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 16:29:01 pm »

Some utter tripe on this thread.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 17:00:27 pm »

Some utter tripe on this thread.

+
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 18:45:01 pm »

Another season where the club have massively under performed.

You are right Hammy the East stand / executive boxes didn’t relegate ya but an overall malice of the club. It is pretty much fact that a solid, well balanced football  club will holds its own and special ingredients / factors can see it overachieving.

I don't know anyone at the club who has an issue with KT. Where as most did with DC. They all appear to be getting on just fine. We enjoyed one of our finest seasons in the shadow of an incomplete East stand.

I can only deal with the facts as I see them. Whilst relegation is a terrible thing, it can happen to clubs for a variety of reasons. This board, and the support in general appeared very happy with all of the recent managerial appointments. Grown ups clear up the mess, whilst children moan about it. I'm quite confident that all the staff at NTFC are working as hard as they can to try to get things right. If you can shed some light on any specifics that will reinforce you point, feel free to enlighten me.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 19:01:24 pm »

I don't know anyone at the club who has an issue with KT. Where as most did with DC. They all appear to be getting on just fine. We enjoyed one of our finest seasons in the shadow of an incomplete East stand.

I can only deal with the facts as I see them. Whilst relegation is a terrible thing, it can happen to clubs for a variety of reasons. This board, and the support in general appeared very happy with all of the recent managerial appointments. Grown ups clear up the mess, whilst children moan about it. I'm quite confident that all the staff at NTFC are working as hard as they can to try to get things right. If you can shed some light on any specifics that will reinforce you point, feel free to enlighten me.
You know what Tel, have you listen to Wilders Speech at Notts County recently? He mentions the East stand in that speech and not very highly either, it might be time to remov your head from KTs sphincter and have a look round at the reality.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 19:21:09 pm »

This board, and you included…were not happy when KT stuck with JFH until it was too late. There were of course a few exceptions but overall…

What I am not happy with is how the football club spent heavily in January when the money was essentially not there to be spent. Wages were covered because the previous majority share holder ended up coming back to bail us out. That is gross mismanagement, and we still no not know whether or not the wage bill is sustainable versus what Mr Bower is prepared to prop it up with. Its very quiet with regards to actual 'plans' both on and off the pitch so no assumptions can be made either way, but questions should be asked. Yet at the slightest rumbling of discontentment on any thread you quickly appear and trot out the usual pro-KT agenda. Why that is, I have no idea…but to even imply that the club wasn't 'terribly run' in the last 12 months is frankly ridiculous. Whose direct fault that is, I don't know…but what I do know is that KT was the acting chief executive. So he has to bear responsibility which to be fair to him he hasn't shirked. If it wasn't his fault directly then he needs to remove those whose fault it was, and Im not including any football managers in this because they will always spend as much as they are allowed and more. And rightly so, they are only interested in the team/on the pitch, the business side is for others to look after.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 19:21:16 pm »

The specifics are that we have no medium plan for NTFC except to tread water and not to develop. The lack of inspiration, pride, planning, drive and ambition caused our relegation, there is nothing to fight for and nothing to believe in. Another word that is missing is togetherness, a chairman that keeps everything a secret, discards the Trust, is not here for NTFC but himself. That fantastic season was brought together by the fact that everyone pulled together, fought together, was as one, confidence grew and grew as well as feel good factor. I am pretty sure that we would not have been promoted with that squad (although RH was something very special for 6 months) if it had been a run of the mill season.

Not sure how you can defend another relegation on the back of one our finest seasons only 2 years ago. Relegated with the 8th biggest budget in the league, with the biggest goal difference (in our history?) with 2 / 3 different managers.

So you are saying that everyone at the club did a great job???

absolute bolocks

Really happy with appointments ?  Really ??  Don't think so, other than being cheap, short term, none of those appointments inspired anyone. Perhaps JFH but if the club had done it's due diligence they would have found a manager who was negative, boring in interviews (so assume team talks etc)

Teams do not get relegated with a very happy team, board and supporters, they just don't, so as much as you like KT something isn't right is it?

Where would we have to be in the league next season for you (and others) not to be happy? 23/24th ??  

AS - What exactly is tripe on this thread?   Also do you have an update on the KT meeting or has it been delayed due to leaves on the line, wind blowing in the wrong direction or something similar?

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 21:40:56 pm »

Still haven't one shred of evidence. Just the usual moaning dicks.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 21:46:26 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 21:47:43 pm »

read the post again then hammy

how much f***ing evidence do you need
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 21:50:54 pm »

then again what do you know u thought Andy Kirk was a great player  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: