The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:27:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Budgets

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Budgets  (Read 5892 times)
guest2934

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 00:53:29 am »

I will always have a more relaxed perspective about the whole thing than you, and probably several others. For me this is a recreational pursuit, watching a game I love, played out by half decent players. I watch it at NTFC because they are my favourite team. I sometimes wonder why, but hey ho.  Grin Just like you and many others, I would like to see us push on and develop the ground and rise to a significantly higher level of football. That's where my agenda stops.

For you and a few others, it appears to have elevated to a whole new dimension. Where you seem to think that supporting a team, or paying a few quid to watch them, entitles you to an absolute say on what should and shouldn't happen. Social media has created an army of armchair accountants, planners, statisticians, constructors, all sorts. It has given them a platform to tout themselves as an expert on all manner of things. All of this without investing a penny, or producing a bead of sweat to achieve their self appointed status. You have talked yourself into believing that your made up version of the world is actually real. Then you are buoyed up by the mere fact that you can get a few other deluded fools to concur with you.  

I absolutely agree that KT is not going to risk further significant investment until he can see a clear return on it. I also absolutely believe that he grossly underestimated the challenge he was taking on. But, I will not buy into anything more than he might have got some things wrong. I'd imagine he has gone silent for one reason. He would only have to spend five minutes on here, to see how the few things he has said, are perpetually regurgitated, twisted and shoved back down his throat at every given opportunity. He may of made some mistakes. But it would be a wise man who never gave a few of you information to play with.

You must work very hard to be such a condescending know it all, it would be impossible for anyone to achieve it naturally. It's certainly not recreational.

Social media has obviously created a position for you as well. How lucky you are to have achieved so much more in life than every one of the 4-5000 that regularly attend. I doubt there is a single accountant or developer amongst them.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 05:19:12 am »

Social media has obviously created a position for you as well. How lucky you are to have achieved so much more in life than every one of the 4-5000 that regularly attend. I doubt there is a single accountant or developer amongst them.

There probably are, but I haven't seen evidence of any of them posting on here...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest49

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 07:02:18 am »

There probably are, but I haven't seen evidence of any of them posting on here...

Pity because they could contact Nick Knowles and coordinate a DIY SOS job to finish the East Stand. We have a heart wrenching backstory.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 11:19:57 am »

Our local teams. Coventry and MK. Cambridge and Oxford. I'm bothering looking any further on Google maps  Grin Grin
Coventry have spent 30 years in the top flight during our continuing  4th division exodus but got suckered by s***e speculators. They will shake these time wasting clowns off soon and move forward.
MK are a new concept of football franchising but have in a very short time blaghed one of the most spectacular stadiums in England and won 2 promotions, one into the championship and a football league trophy, averaging gates pf over 10,000... A damned sight more than we have in 50 years of struggle.
Oxford again have played top flight football as recently as the 80s and won a major trophy, have a 12000 stsdium that will be expanded shortly as soon as they get control of their ground.
Cambridge United are a strange one, like us have shown little to no  ambition into building up their club.. and have also been left in the wilderness.. I'll give you Cambridge, like us should be doing shed loads  better.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:49 am »

Coventry have spent 30 years in the top flight during our continuing  4th division exodus but got suckered by s***e speculators. They will shake these time wasting clowns off soon and move forward.
MK are a new concept of football franchising but have in a very short time blaghed one of the most spectacular stadiums in England and won 2 promotions, one into the championship and a football league trophy, averaging gates pf over 10,000... A damned sight more than we have in 50 years of struggle.
Oxford again have played top flight football as recently as the 80s and won a major trophy, have a 12000 stsdium that will be expanded shortly as soon as they get control of their ground.
Cambridge United are a strange one, like us have shown little to no  ambition into building up their club.. and have also been left in the wilderness.. I'll give you Cambridge, like us should be doing shed loads  better.
You can not compare MK to us or take their gates seriously because they near enough pay people to attend !! MK . As everyone knows , have been seriously bank rolled by individuals and by local government .
Of all your examples , Oxford are the fairest comparison and they have suffered similar ups and downs to ourselves. Their recent downs have been far worst and their recent ups have been arguably better. We have been consistently average !
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 12:40:46 pm »

Coventry has how big a stadium?  also have Aston Villa / Birmingham with 25 miles

Oxford have 12000 3 sided stadium with hotel

You need to read the post again - it was the combination of our tiny crap stadium / KT insisting we don't need anything better with our local population and lack of nearby major competition

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:21 pm »

Cambridge also have a world class University and very high level businesses that discourages local councils etc to support the riff raff of football, Oxford have the same problem but have more rough un's to give the club a following

Evidence of accountants?  perhaps every poster should have to submit their CV so we can see who has the biggest. Me I was voted supporter of the year for all my free hard work in and around the club (or to just stop me from moaning about doing more / better  Grin )

I think all those agreeing with Hammy, you should not post one complaint or comment on anything NTFC including players, performances, managers etc as you feel I and others should question off the pitch matters.

BTW  How many Newcastle fans complain about their Chairman although he has pumped £100's of million in and they are in Prem with a top manager?  Should they shut down all those people too?

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 13:17:32 pm »

You must work very hard to be such a condescending know it all, it would be impossible for anyone to achieve it naturally. It's certainly not recreational.

If you mean by "condescending" being relaxed accommodating and impartial about our owners and the future of the club, that's me  Grin If you mean by "know it all". Someone who hasn't claimed one single ounce of special inside knowledge about NTFC. Or offered one particular scenario or solution. Once again that's me  Grin However, if you mean  entitled enough to tell someone else how to spend their money. Offer advice on a subject I know nothing about, or indeed believe that I could occupy the mantle of a football club owner, you would be a million miles away from me. You'll find that person, when you undertake the rather harrowing experience of looking in the mirror.... 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 14:28:21 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 14:38:03 pm »

You can not compare MK to us or take their gates seriously because they near enough pay people to attend !! MK . As everyone knows , have been seriously bank rolled by individuals and by local government .
Of all your examples , Oxford are the fairest comparison and they have suffered similar ups and downs to ourselves. Their recent downs have been far worst and their recent ups have been arguably better. We have been consistently average !

But but but MK's catchment area. And no Prem sides. And a big stadium with empty seats so you can turn up and sit next to each other.

It's really not as simple as 'build it and they will come' as some people seem to think it is.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 14:47:54 pm »

Interesting again that you never reply with anything sensible or reasoned arguments Hammy, you are turning into Everbrite's dad !

Good God who'd have thought you'd be awaiting your telegram from the Queen !Nigel.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 18:26:55 pm »

Coventry has how big a stadium?  also have Aston Villa / Birmingham with 25 miles

Oxford have 12000 3 sided stadium with hotel

You need to read the post again - it was the combination of our tiny crap stadium / KT insisting we don't need anything better with our local population and lack of nearby major competition

They only have a big stadium for one more season. They have been given notice to quit by Wasps.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 18:29:56 pm »

Name them..

Let's start with Stockport
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 18:52:34 pm »

But but but MK's catchment area. And no Prem sides. And a big stadium with empty seats so you can turn up and sit next to each other.

It's really not as simple as 'build it and they will come' as some people seem to think it is.
Are you suggesting like Kelvin we shouldn't have a state of the art 30,000 seater stadium?
We all know that and fully agree.. its just that a 7000 non league one that kelvin believes is good enough for us is complete nonsence.
A 12000 capacity one will allow us to grow the club and compete outside the 4th division.
That mysterious £4m would give us that and some but wasThomas and co going to spunk it all on a dozen boxes?
You have to laugh at how these London types hold our town in such a poor light.
I hope the council stay strong and give this lot what they believe we should get.. Nothing also.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 18:54:05 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 19:48:02 pm »

Let's start with Stockport
Yeah they have no big clubs near them have they  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 20:12:31 pm »

Not within 15 miles no
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 20:19:04 pm »

Or about an hours drive
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 21:34:45 pm »

pedj  have you heard of google maps, its really good it gives you directions, distances and travel times etc

If you go via B5465 and M60 Old Trafford is 14.6 miles away taking 25 mins.

One of my main gripes with lack of NTFC ambition is that we do have a history, especially when you are comparing some clubs like MK, Burton, Fleetwood etc. Factor in that we had 11000 plus 30 years ago, took 5000 to Liverpool, 44000 to Wembley, 7000 to MK shows that there is potential to develop.

Stockport did play in Championship if my memory serves me correctly (at my age I might be wrong !) but are always competing with the Manchester clubs and not that far from Oldham who were also in the Prem once.

MK is always going to have a problem in that they have to wait for a generation of fans to come through, they have no history and the city has lots of new people moving there from all parts of the country who already support other clubs.

Again we are at such a low base, in that we have nothing going for us in terms of where we are today, no big stand, no corporate boxes, no plans, no ambition.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2018, 01:33:06 am »

...... and, after a few responses, the discussion descends down o the usual s***e.

Respect to those that have tried to make this thread something different, and to follow the original theme.  (You know who you are!)

Respect, really!

Moderators, please close this one down, as it has become a sub-thread of the "Re-Development" thread.

Taken over by the alt_cobblers.......
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2018, 05:49:20 am »

...... and, after a few responses, the discussion descends down o the usual s***e.

Respect to those that have tried to make this thread something different, and to follow the original theme.  (You know who you are!)

Respect, really!

Moderators, please close this one down, as it has become a sub-thread of the "Re-Development" thread.

Its about comparing  budgets and for a team to have a competitive budget requires a solid support base and decent supporting facilities at a well run open and engaging club.. on topic, as you were oversees.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:44 am »

Respect, really!

Grin you make more sense posting your usual Sh1t
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: