The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:34:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pre-season friendlies.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-season friendlies.  (Read 14723 times)
meccanostand

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2018, 13:17:12 pm »

Cut him some slack

You wont be calling him that when he takes his progressive fan owned phoenix club on a european tour,  in their bespoke hummel kit,  all this whilst the new ground is being built, all funded by a just giving page.

Fan owned club = possible but no need for phoenix. Hummel kit would be smart yes. Ground improvements could be funded via mini bonds from tifosy yes. Probably a bit more effort than making snarky comments on message boards required tho.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2018, 13:59:45 pm »

Fan owned club = possible but no need for phoenix. Hummel kit would be smart yes. Ground improvements could be funded via mini bonds from tifosy yes. Probably a bit more effort than making snarky comments on message boards required tho.

get on with it then - you were going to do the stand years ago, so you are already behind schedule.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2018, 14:09:54 pm »

get on with it then - you were going to do the stand years ago, so you are already behind schedule.

Yes because I am going to be able to single handedly complete a building project at a privately owned football club. Some of the comments on here are inane. Honestly I'm boring myself now: I've contacted the club on pre-season, done the legwork on it, discussed on here and also shown examples of what's going on elsewhere. That's enough.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 14:17:26 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2018, 14:28:39 pm »

321 .... Your back in the room.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2018, 15:50:55 pm »

Yes because I am going to be able to single handedly complete a building project at a privately owned football club. Some of the comments on here are inane. Honestly I'm boring myself now: I've contacted the club on pre-season, done the legwork on it, discussed on here and also shown examples of what's going on elsewhere. That's enough.
Don't waste your time on a tit like Three in a Bed - never in his life! Clearly lacking in departments and thinks crossing the road to Fernie Fields is an away day!

Yes I have...two girls!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2018, 15:59:05 pm »

Don't waste your time on a tit like Three in a Bed - never in his life! Clearly lacking in departments and thinks crossing the road to Fernie Fields is an away day!

Yes I have...two girls!  Wink

It’s amazing that a thread on pre season friendly’s can get so hostile.

By the way are saying you have a wife and two daughters?  Always had you down as a confirmed batchelor of Bacchus.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2018, 15:59:40 pm »

It would be nice to have some sort of overseas setup with another club for pre-season trips.

The biggest issue is we keep changing our management and therefore the new manager probably has other ideas.

Last pre-season was shambles and a sign of things to come
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2018, 18:28:41 pm »

It’s amazing that a thread on pre season friendly’s can get so hostile.

By the way are saying you have a wife and two daughters?  Always had you down as a confirmed batchelor of Bacchus.
No! Wouldn't that be three, not two though?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2018, 18:33:04 pm »

It would be nice to have some sort of overseas setup with another club for pre-season trips.

The biggest issue is we keep changing our management and therefore the new manager probably has other ideas.

Last pre-season was shambles and a sign of things to come
Don't go there...you'll be accused of being sad and having no life!  Grin

Anyway, I'm off to Yokohama Marinos v Urawa Reds in September, unless it's FGR away...in which case, might have to try and get a refund on flights and hotels!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2018, 09:08:56 am »

Not sure why meccanostand is getting such a beating on this topic. Seems perfectly reasonable to express a preference for a city-based European visit, with a local opposition friendly game, rather than the back of beyond in Spain.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2018, 09:27:20 am »

Not sure why meccanostand is getting such a beating on this topic. Seems perfectly reasonable to express a preference for a city-based European visit, with a local opposition friendly game, rather than the back of beyond in Spain.

probably all the other shat he spouts
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:42 am »

I think if he said; "I would have preferred it to have been in a European city myself", he would have took zero beating. But to berate the club and suggest organising it yourself is where the ridiculous is at.

Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2018, 11:34:40 am »

I think if he said; "I would have preferred it to have been in a European city myself", he would have took zero beating. But to berate the club and suggest organising it yourself is where the ridiculous is at.

There's been no berating, at most a mild whinge. I've pinged an email to the right people at the club. That was the better way to handle it.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2018, 06:37:02 am »

Fixture vs Hull City U23 scheduled for the pre season training trip
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest3114

« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:38 am »

Any chance Australia could get on the list? Loads of Prem teams come here pre season and I reckon the A league sides would be chomping at the bit to play a side at our level to benchmark themselves? Probably get a reasonable gate as well as they usually get their arses kicked. Could also play the prem/Milan/Madrid reserve sides as well as a sort of warm up for them? No, perhaps not eh?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2018, 10:21:04 am »

Any chance Australia could get on the list? Loads of Prem teams come here pre season and I reckon the A league sides would be chomping at the bit to play a side at our level to benchmark themselves? Probably get a reasonable gate as well as they usually get their arses kicked. Could also play the prem/Milan/Madrid reserve sides as well as a sort of warm up for them? No, perhaps not eh?
All good reasonable points tbf!
Bit far to travel for a friendly, and not exactly sure where Australia is...but would get the chance to sing 'The Football League is upside down Doo daa'!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2018, 10:37:45 am »

All good reasonable points tbf!
Bit far to travel for a friendly, and not exactly sure where Australia is...but would get the chance to sing 'The Football League is upside down Doo daa'!  Grin
Can’t make my mind up on this Cat, one minute I think it’s a great idea, the next I think I must be on drugs for suggesting it? Be an absolute result for me and the other Teyn fans down here, of which there are a few. By the way, we’re sort of in between The Falklands and Rorke’s Drift, hope this helps?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2018, 17:10:45 pm »

Can’t make my mind up on this Cat, one minute I think it’s a great idea, the next I think I must be on drugs for suggesting it? Be an absolute result for me and the other Teyn fans down here, of which there are a few. By the way, we’re sort of in between The Falklands and Rorke’s Drift, hope this helps?
What, a ten minute swim to Tristan Da Cuna, or a boat ride away from St Helena? I always thought Australia was further! Game on, count me in! 😂
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2018, 11:26:34 am »

Fixtures against Barnet and a Man Utd XI added to the calendar.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2018, 11:27:09 am »

Fair play to the club for sorting a friendly against a Man Utd eleven. Should get a bit of interest.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: