The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:49:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Football strip

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Football strip  (Read 8883 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2018, 19:23:28 pm »

When I collected my season ticket this morning, I went to see it in the flesh and it was even worse than it looks in the photos. I just laughed the entire time I was in the shop.

The picture in JC report in the Chron the ‘red’ appears more claret than the ones on this site! If you have
seen the shirts in the shop then they must be red! What a gaff!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2018, 22:42:29 pm »

Why red?! The colour red has no connection with our club what so ever. Why red?
I dont seem to recall, pink, or luminous green, or that multi coloured man city reject, having any club connections either.
For what its worth, I think that it looks OK. Nothing more, nothing less. Just OK. But I certainly wont be buying one.
I have to say though, having deliveries a couple of times a week, at my site, from DHL, it does strongly remind me of their drivers. If you dont like it folks, then dont buy it. As the meerkat says, Simples.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2018, 00:09:44 am »

The picture in JC report in the Chron the ‘red’ appears more claret than the ones on this site! If you have
seen the shirts in the shop then they must be red! What a gaff!

There was nothing claret about that shirt   Grin I can confirm Deepcut that no-one was buying it when I went to see it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2018, 06:46:21 am »

Feel sorry for the staff at the club that have signed this off. Someone's made a misjudgement.

Let's face it our fans don't need extra reasons for people to take the mickey out of them either.

Am more than willing to help out with kit and merchandise designs and have let the club know this again.

I'm also happy to sit down with the club and a designer to sort out a Cobblers colour palette which the fans can agree on. There are highly skilled professional designers amongst the shoe army ranks who want to help.

We have the potential to have the best kits in the Football League, our club colours are beautiful when done right.

Completely agree with the posters from above who point to Torino etc as clubs that bring together heritage and design. If Nike aren't cutting the mustard then let's look at other firms that will.

Hopefully the club will take me up on the offer and happy to work with other fans to look at their ideas.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 06:55:40 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2018, 07:07:42 am »

I dont seem to recall, pink, or luminous green, or that multi coloured man city reject, having any club connections either.
For what its worth, I think that it looks OK. Nothing more, nothing less. Just OK. But I certainly wont be buying one.
I have to say though, having deliveries a couple of times a week, at my site, from DHL, it does strongly remind me of their drivers. If you dont like it folks, then dont buy it. As the meerkat says, Simples.  Cheesy

The 'if you don't like it  don't buy it' line is flawed, especially at a small club like ours. Let's try and make something a lot of people like and want to buy. The pink Errea kit was actually bespoke and really well designed.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2018, 07:18:40 am »

This is not the point. I am solely concerned with what "my team" look like, have rarely bought a shirt. Its called heritage. Agree that we could have outstanding unique kits quite easily.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2018, 07:26:52 am »

Feel sorry for the staff at the club that have signed this off. Someone's made a misjudgement.

Let's face it our fans don't need extra reasons for people to take the mickey out of them either.

Am more than willing to help out with kit and merchandise designs and have let the club know this again.

I'm also happy to sit down with the club and a designer to sort out a Cobblers colour palette which the fans can agree on. There are highly skilled professional designers amongst the shoe army ranks who want to help.

We have the potential to have the best kits in the Football League, our club colours are beautiful when done right.

Completely agree with the posters from above who point to Torino etc as clubs that bring together heritage and design. If Nike aren't cutting the mustard then let's look at other firms that will.

Hopefully the club will take me up on the offer and happy to work with other fans to look at their ideas.

Are you going to bore us stiff with insights into shirt design. On the other hand it might be a rare windup from you!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2018, 12:14:01 pm »

This is not the point. I am solely concerned with what "my team" look like, have rarely bought a shirt. Its called heritage. Agree that we could have outstanding unique kits quite easily.
But it is the point. By your own admission, you have rarely bought a shirt.
I, on the other hand, have quite a collection. But I only buy the ones that I actually like. I have an old Carpet Supacentre one, that I am very fond of. And Lotto, and Chronicle and Echo, and EBS.
To be honest, away kits are normally pretty crap anyway. I am more concerned about the home one.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2934

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:57 pm »

I wonder how many have been produced, surely it would be possible just to change the red to the wonderful claret in the badge?

The few that have already been made with red can all be given to youth teams around the county, or possibly jumble sales.

My mate has a Torquay away shirt also Nike, looks good so it can be done. He even wears it more than his Manure shirt now. Did Torquay fuck all good last season though. Maybe Nike are the problem?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2018, 12:55:20 pm »

TBF got a pretty decent reply from Kelvin and reiterated my willingness to help out. Really think we can be up there with the best in terms of kits and merchandise with some attention to detail and creative thinking. Good to hear from talented Cobblers fans too that want to help improve things.

My pm's are open on here if you have any ideas. Cheers,
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2018, 13:59:22 pm »

Child mascots at World Cup wearing new Cobblers away kits!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2018, 16:25:59 pm »

I notice DA's and AT's training tops are also red.

Some sales today according to the clubs twitter photos. 
Report Spam   Logged
double row row 7

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2018, 16:57:56 pm »

I just think the new away kit of yellow with RED just shows how out of touch the club is with the community.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2018, 17:25:57 pm »

I just think the new away kit of yellow with RED just shows how out of touch the club is with the community.
claret and white for home and white with claret trim away a third kit and alternative looking shirt of black and claret quarters would look good and sell well.
The yellow and red crap kit can be sent over to less fortunate youngsters in Africa.
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2018, 18:41:02 pm »

I can only assume it would cost the club more to have claret on the shirt as it's not a standard nike colour.  I would also imagine that this shirt is being produced for a number of clubs around the world in the same combination of colours.  Again reducing the costs for the clubs that choose it.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2018, 19:19:43 pm »

I can only assume it would cost the club more to have claret on the shirt as it's not a standard nike colour.  I would also imagine that this shirt is being produced for a number of clubs around the world in the same combination of colours.  Again reducing the costs for the clubs that choose it.
But not reducing costs for the paying customer!! £45 for a cheap standard top then? Thank god we didn’t have claret in it, they would have charged about £80 a throw!!

The point is that if the club wants to sell replica kit it should be a kit that is going to sell!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2018, 19:53:00 pm »

Nike Park Derby

Not sure why people are suprised, all clubs under the Nike/Just Sport arrangement are in the same boat, with the odd exception where a custom shirt gets commissioned.

Kit is chosen from the teamwear book ~£15... badge stuck on.... sell for £45.

I bet the Nike sales have outperformed other brands in recent years, just for the Nike name alone.

Still think we're in for a white and claret home shirt though, which will get a far more positive reaction

https://www.discountfootballkits.com/nike-park-derby-ii-uni-gold-uni-red-ss-football-shirt
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2018, 21:53:30 pm »

The point is that if the club wants to sell replica kit it should be a kit that is going to sell!!

Exactly. As simple as that.
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2018, 23:39:39 pm »

But not reducing costs for the paying customer!! £45 for a cheap standard top then? Thank god we didn’t have claret in it, they would have charged about £80 a throw!!

Of course it won’t reduce the cost for the consumer.  If we wanted a custom kit commissioned by Nike it would be more expensive for the club leading to either a higher store price or lower profit margins.

We may well have a custom home kit but never both a home and away custom designed.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2018, 05:16:10 am »

And to think fans were so eager to move away from Errea to have a big brand kit make the Nike.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: