The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:08:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21898 times)
Another Pedj

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 11:01:04 am »

As discussed previously there would still be 2 leases for the same land.   As the press release states the simpliest solution would be for one to be surrendered but the Council has to agree. The land cannot be developed until this matter is resolved.

This issue remains whoever buys the club. They appear to believe that its personal and that the council will be more forthcoming with new owners.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 11:09:52 am »

First and foremost NBC need to fulfil an already made promise and sign the necessary document. They (as well as NCC) are a totally inadequate bunch of toss-pots who get their thrills by annoying the maximum number of voters who then reward them by voting them back in! Stupidity at all levels. FURTHER the statement by Kelvin Thomas that he's considering selling-up his group's tranche of shares should also ring alarm bells - my guess is that it may be more than simple leverage to try to persuade NBC to pull their fingers out - it could indicate that his group have looked at the financial future and want to get their cash out before it devalues. Worrying times!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:13:21 am by SteveRiches » Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 11:10:27 am »

Again, might it be sensible for Saints to enter the fray and redevelop the land either in association with the Cobblers or in exchange for Franklins Gardens?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 11:14:36 am »

Again, might it be sensible for Saints to enter the fray and redevelop the land either in association with the Cobblers or in exchange for Franklins Gardens?
Why would the Saints do that?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 11:18:15 am »

Why would the Saints do that?

Chance to build a stadium as large as they wish within the town. Land for their size construction is at a premium.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:20:32 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 11:24:29 am »

Chance to build a stadium as large as they wish within the town. Land for their size construction is at a premium.

And how large do they need it? The fickleness of the Northampton public is not just limited to The Cobblers....Saints played games in front of less than 10000 last year due to their poor form and performances.
They have the third biggest dedicated Rugby Union capacity in the country already (15300).....do they need anything much bigger?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 11:26:18 am »

First and foremost NBC need to fulfil an already made promise and sign the necessary document. They (as well as NCC) are a totally inadequate bunch of toss-pots who get their thrills by annoying the maximum number of voters who then reward them by voting them back in! Stupidity at all levels. FURTHER the statement by Kelvin Thomas that he's considering selling-up his group's tranche of shares should also ring alarm bells - my guess is that it may be more than simple leverage to try to persuade NBC to pull their fingers out - it could indicate that his group have looked at the financial future and want to get their cash out before it devalues. Worrying times!

And move it to Sunderland?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 11:27:32 am »

So let’s stop beating around the bush .
Someone must know on here who the right and proper , upstanding individuals of the council are that are blocking any progress because they are of course acting in the best interest of the town and its finances .
I am sure naming them on here could only be to their benefit because they are doing a Stirling job protecting the public from rogue investors .
Who would like to put their name forward into the public domain ?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 11:28:53 am »

And how large do they need it? The fickleness of the Northampton public is not just limited to The Cobblers....Saints played games in front of less than 10000 last year due to their poor form and performances.
They have the third biggest dedicated Rugby Union capacity in the country already (15300).....do they need anything much bigger?

Let's not let Saints bashing get in the way of sense. They could easily get 25k with their catchment area and the growth of the town.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2018, 11:35:16 am »

Let's not let Saints bashing get in the way of sense. They could easily get 25k with their catchment area and the growth of the town.

They haven’t yet....well, until they wandered off to MK for a couple of games in seasons gone by. They didn’t even bother to do that this season!
Not Saints bashing, just being realistic! If they were right at the top of their game their ground wouldn’t be big enough......just like ours!!
Report Spam   Logged

Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2018, 11:41:24 am »

My question is, Who would want to buy the club with this rangle going on. Its a big ball of hastle and if our current owner have had enough will new investors want the same hassles. So if no buyer can be found and the current owners have had enough, is that the end of NTFC as we know it? We can either stand united as fans and support the club by puttong pressure on the council, hope theres an election coming up and kick this lot out (though what replaces it may turn out to be worse OR find away to ditch Sixfields and go it alone with out the council....
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:44:33 am by Shadowstorm » Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2018, 11:47:13 am »

Is CDNL is part of the police investigation?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 11:53:22 am »

I expected this to happen next week and after the season ticket deadline passes. I must say its fair game from KT that he hasn't allowed that 'side show' to happen and for that I applaud him.

We all know that the council is incompetent but thats the case with most councils. Im not going to be too critical of them though, they have shown three times in the past (building Sixfields, the loan to DC and the write off to enable KT to do the 'deal') that they will 'support' the Football Club which quite frankly, is a financial drain around their necks…and one big hassle.

Its my opinion and I still feel exactly the same as I did back in March when it was announced that the Chinese had left the scenes that our current owners have taken the club as far as they can both on and off the pitch. Whilst massively increasing the cost base (wages).

None of us know whether or not this 'proposed development' was going to be funded by private investment or through regeneration. I *suspect the latter, totally. Which is why Im both pleased and relieved that it is now all out in the open. 2 and 2 together, I just couldn't see why these two individuals would want to spend 4 million quid on a new East Stand without significant opportunities to get that £££ back quickly. And if that is the case (which Im not saying it is, Im just saying what I think it is) then why would a Dubai based old age pensioner with zero interest in NTFC as a sports team who had previously sold out to the Chinese and basically been forced into re-aquiring his stake hold back be prepared to  fund it for no realistic short-medium ROI?

I appreciate that most of our fans will blame the council like they did last time when DC couldn't get what he wanted for years. I was on the famous 'march' like I guess a fair few other contributors on here were, Im now battle worn and quite frankly just want our football club to be owned and run by people who love the game and want our team to do well. End of. If that is at 'cost' then fine, I don't expect any individual to pump money into what is essentially my hobby. On the flip side, I also don't want any individual to make money from it! And Im a capitalist and small business owner.

I again re-iterate what I said and was beaten up by a fair few people on here a few weeks back. I want our football club to END 15 years of 'redevelopment bullsh1t' and become a bloody 'Football Club' again once more. I don't want a land grabber to take over, or anybody who thinks they can make money out of the West Stand car park or whichever other land they think may be up for grabs. Its become obsessive, its pretty much all we bloody hear about.

A good day for me. It will be most interesting to see what occurs in the coming weeks.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:00 pm »

I expected this to happen next week and after the season ticket deadline passes. I must say its fair game from KT that he hasn't allowed that 'side show' to happen and for that I applaud him.

We all know that the council is incompetent but thats the case with most councils. Im not going to be too critical of them though, they have shown three times in the past (building Sixfields, the loan to DC and the write off to enable KT to do the 'deal') that they will 'support' the Football Club which quite frankly, is a financial drain around their necks…and one big hassle.

Its my opinion and I still feel exactly the same as I did back in March when it was announced that the Chinese had left the scenes that our current owners have taken the club as far as they can both on and off the pitch. Whilst massively increasing the cost base (wages).

None of us know whether or not this 'proposed development' was going to be funded by private investment or through regeneration. I *suspect the latter, totally. Which is why Im both pleased and relieved that it is now all out in the open. 2 and 2 together, I just couldn't see why these two individuals would want to spend 4 million quid on a new East Stand without significant opportunities to get that £££ back quickly. And if that is the case (which Im not saying it is, Im just saying what I think it is) then why would a Dubai based old age pensioner with zero interest in NTFC as a sports team who had previously sold out to the Chinese and basically been forced into re-aquiring his stake hold back be prepared to  fund it for no realistic short-medium ROI?

I appreciate that most of our fans will blame the council like they did last time when DC couldn't get what he wanted for years. I was on the famous 'march' like I guess a fair few other contributors on here were, Im now battle worn and quite frankly just want our football club to be owned and run by people who love the game and want our team to do well. End of. If that is at 'cost' then fine, I don't expect any individual to pump money into what is essentially my hobby. On the flip side, I also don't want any individual to make money from it! And Im a capitalist and small business owner.

I again re-iterate what I said and was beaten up by a fair few people on here a few weeks back. I want our football club to END 15 years of 'redevelopment bullsh1t' and become a bloody 'Football Club' again once more. I don't want a land grabber to take over, or anybody who thinks they can make money out of the West Stand car park or whichever other land they think may be up for grabs. Its become obsessive, its pretty much all we bloody hear about.

A good day for me. It will be most interesting to see what occurs in the coming weeks.

Can't argue with too much of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 12:01:42 pm »

Given that the date of the lease being changed is public it would be possible to track the minutes of planning meetings on the borough councils website. This would show the names of those present and maybe some additional background information possible.

As mentioned does the sale include the assets of CDNL or will these continue to be held separately?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »

Nothing new here, the club is and always has been up for sale if someone came along willing to buy, this is a move to go public to try and force the councils hand
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:04 pm »

How do the trust feel about this statement?

Have the trust had any joy in trying to obtain answers regarding the missed deadline given to them by NBC?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2018, 12:11:40 pm »

I expect a statement imminently from the council telling the other side of the story.

As Drilling says, cant we just go back to talking about the football club rather than NYFC being something attached to a lease/land fiasco.

With the last two owners it’s been about development opportunities first, and football club second. Change the record!!

And Drilling makes good points about the council....it’s sheer folly to say that they are always against us and have never done anything for the club. Yes they messed up big time with the loan shambles, but they wrote off that debt from the club instead of taking us down.
The point people seem to miss is that THEY are now liable for that money...even though they it wasn’t from them on the first place, they have to repay it, or most of it now. Hence why they’ve spent another million plus trying to recover it. If they weren’t liable then why bother? The club may have been able to wash its hands of the Cardoza/gross man saga but the council can’t yet.....and I never expected them to bend over backwards again to help out more property/land developers.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2018, 12:12:38 pm »

You could look at it as a threat I suppose but I’m not sure the council care .
I believe there are people in that council who are looking after their own interests and would rather the whole thing disappeared .
Those individuals need flushing out and exposing . They need to be made accountable for their actions before and after the Thomas takeover .
The organisation is rotten .

I don’t support your description on ‘lever’ as a threat.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 12:20:41 pm »

So let’s stop beating around the bush .
Someone must know on here who the right and proper , upstanding individuals of the council are that are blocking any progress because they are of course acting in the best interest of the town and its finances .
I am sure naming them on here could only be to their benefit because they are doing a Stirling job protecting the public from rogue investors .
Who would like to put their name forward into the public domain ?
Be patient, Drilling can open a thread with a poll, so we can all have a guess who it might just be...before Terry Hamster locks it!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: