The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:47:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21798 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2018, 18:52:44 pm »

Sadly after reading both sides I don’t trust any of them.
Too many promises in the past, kick backs and Christ knows what other skullduggery at play.
I think it is clear (was it never?!) that KT and co were not hoping to get a windfall from just finishing the stand and taking income from prawn sandwiches. It was always said the stand would be finished until the Chinese coming along revised the master plan, whatever that was...oh yeah, education.
As KT himself says...hopefully someone local comes along with a few quid and their heart in the club.
To be honest I’m fed up of retail development and the closure of M&S is already just about the final nail in the coffin of a town centre desperate for regeneration.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2018, 19:14:40 pm »

How the f**k is this going to play out or are we just going to constantly keep going round in circles? I heard a sensible guy from the trust on the radio on the way home from work offering their services to mediate/bring the 2 sides together to try and bang some heads together - I really can't see any other way this can be concluded.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2018, 19:21:33 pm »

I hope KT will do the decent thing and hand over his shares and interests to Northampton Group / Trust

Afterall as many on here seem to enjoy telling Beds that there is no investment opportunity in NTFC, so no-one else will be interested

You really do live in a world of absolute delusion. It's astounding.
Report Spam   Logged

LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2018, 19:24:35 pm »

The way i'm looking at it now is the council have stated that they are bringing the matter to cabinet on the 13th June. The matter they are bringing is the amendment to the lease requested by KT and Bower to include 'further land' that was not on the original lease in question or as KT put it 'Our solicitors processed this within one working day with minimal change and returned the draft Deed to the council’s solicitors.'  So the minimal change appears to be further land.

Anyway

If they agree to amend the lease there then happy days and we can see whether KT and Bower are really prepared to move the club forward. 

If the council reject the proposal then we need to know why and what exactly they have rejected. 

The third option is a wall of silence and the 13th June comes and goes and we hear nothing again.  That will really paint the council a bad light (worse than the normal shade of light at present).

I would also like to add that i believe it's in the taxpayers interest to be told exactly what land is being discussed here and what are any amendments to the lease in terms of land or conditions. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2018, 19:28:34 pm »

I just wish people were honest in both sides .
KT needs to make his intentions clear both for the club and for himself . If he wants to profit , then fine , let’s all understand that .
If the council don’t trust the aspirations , please say so .
If the council are protecting individuals , this needs to come out .
There needs to be transparency here on all sides .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2018, 19:33:31 pm »

KT needs to make his intentions clear both for the club and for himself . If he wants to profit , then fine , let’s all understand that .

Spot on.......but I'm not holding my breath.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2018, 19:37:19 pm »

Agree.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2018, 19:47:59 pm »

The telling line from NBC statement for me is the bit about retail development.

Hopefully it is now perfectly clear to Hammy and others that KT's main interest was thinking he could do a better job of land development than DC.

Well done the council for acting in the best interests of Northampton, shame many fans on here can't say the same
I'd prefer to wait and see what the piece of land in question is before jumping to any conclusions. It might be an area for a retail park, it might be a small path to allow access to the East Stand. Which side of the equation my sympathies lie would very much depend on knowing this essential piece of information.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2018, 19:52:51 pm »

The interesting part of the Councils response is the part where they claim that KT/Bower have requested more land. Which indicates a DC type situation.

In fact, its precisely the same as it was 10 years ago or whenever it was. New owners 'save the club', spend loads of money on new players, get promoted…then get relegated. Then get stroppy with the council. Fans suggesting marches/protests etc…Grove, whats your availability mate?  Cheesy

Its almost as if the bit in between has been completely forgotten by 85% of our fans, or indeed the whole saga with DC from start to finish!

The only difference is that under DC we saw several artist impressions, which got worse with each one!  Grin With the current custodians we haven't even seen a thing. Not a thing. Yet people are slating the council, saying 'give them the land' etc. Its so ridiculous you can't make it up!

I repeat what I said several months ago. I want to see 'what we are getting' before I would even consider lobbying the council. If the rest of you are happy to chance it then fair enough, thats where Im in the tiny minority.

The meeting on the 13/14th June *might tell us somethings. But I wouldn't be surprised if a deal to sell the Football Club is achieved by that date. The Football Clubs statement today was a total bombshell but not unpredicted. I get the feeling that they want off and the Chinese saga was the last straw.

I said a few weeks ago that I predicted that we will be under different ownership by the start of next season. Unless of course what they are asking is unreasonable. We shall see.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2018, 20:03:49 pm »

Of course KT wants a profit, he didn’t come here for the love of the club. No problem with that.
From memory the initial remit was to clear any debt (excluding the £10m) and finish the stand. Unless something (i.e. the available land) doesn’t allow this to happen then they failed to deliver....you could say over promised.  Tongue
It is starting to sound like Cardoza all over again, without a police investigation hopefully. At least Cardoza bought us a sh*t architect.
In terms of the council, I don’t think anything which could come out would shock me.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2018, 20:10:46 pm »

Both parties are unlikely to declare their hands in the way you suggest. The only thing we can assume is that KT as a business man would hope to make a profit. TBH some of your suggestions are a little naive as both parties will only release information suitable to their particular interests. Anything else is wishful thinking however noble your call for transparency is.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2018, 20:12:55 pm »

Starting to sound like DC Tone, I have been saying that for over a year now, although I am a moaning old git so........

It is the extra land bit but it is the retail bit that would suggest the extra land was not an additional path or room to turn the fire engine round as suggested by Hammy

What bit is delusion then Tom?  That KT will walk away after doing the decent thing and handling his share to someone else like DC did???
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2018, 20:16:00 pm »

I'd prefer to wait and see what the piece of land in question is before jumping to any conclusions. It might be an area for a retail park, it might be a small path to allow access to the East Stand. Which side of the equation my sympathies lie would very much depend on knowing this essential piece of information.

Good point.

If its just a strip of land to enable access then that would be somewhat different than it being the West Stand Car Park!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2018, 20:17:08 pm »

There’s an old saying. “buyer beware”. What a surprise, it seems there are certain issues that prevent KT from fulfilling his business plan? Just wondering why this wasn’t taken into consideration at the time the club was purchased? Perhaps those conducting diligence process missed it? Given that these issues have become high profile, it’s unlikely that they will be missed by any potential purchaser?

In any event, it seems that once again the club is a side issue and inconvenience to the main focus, which is developing the land around Sixfields? Until the model for owning and running football clubs is changed, fiascos of this nature are set to continue. Sooner or later someone will come on board, make some poor decisions and/or take ill considered risks and it will be curtains. We got away with it with McRitchie, we got away with it with Banks, we got away with it with Cardoza. One day soon we won’t, it’s only a matter of time? Unless the next in line is a honourable upstanding, kind and honest individual with the welfare of the club and it’s supporters their sole purpose in life. Oh, and unlimited finances, sort of Jesús with a wallet? Some on here believe they exist, I hope they’re right, I really do.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2018, 20:18:49 pm »

So....retail development somewhere at Sixfields.....has this been mentioned before??

Taking off your claret tinted specs for a while, do you believe it is ok for KT/DB to sell off "PUBLICLY OWNED LAND" for retail development, and then presumably profit for the sale of that land?

The land may be "controlled" by NTFC/CDNL, but it is owned by the council. I'm sure they'll want a cut, and i'm sure they'll want to see as much of the remainder put into the club as possible...with a minimal amount if anything going to KT/DB.

KT states in a radio interview, when directly questioned by Stuart Linnell, that they have asked for no more land. The Council then issue a statement to say that they have. What the hell is going on??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2018, 20:21:44 pm »

Yet people are slating the council, saying 'give them the land' etc. Its so ridiculous you can't make it up!

Sorry to selectively quote but it was a long post   Grin

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say ‘give them the land’. The only people slating the council are saying sort the conflicting leases, I don’t think anyone on here thinks land should just be handed over no questions.

Just because DC screwed us doesn’t mean KT is as well, he might be but it’s not a given. Things are starting to come out in the open now, hopefully there’ll be more transparency on all sides from today onward.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2018, 20:28:22 pm »

We have been told that there is no business case for expansion of the ground (by KT), we have been told (by the Council) that there is nothing within the current lease set up that is stopping at least the East Stand being completed.

So whatever is planned for the land (and who knows what that is) doesn't seem to benefit the council, or the football club, but it does benefit a property developer, be that Cardoza or Thomas. Tha'ts why i'm implying that the football club is a (sometimes inconvenient) sideshow to the bigger picture, and that bigger picture is land development.
I have read all of the posts on this issue, and am pretty much in agreement with what you have summed up. With regard to the additional land that KT is after, something that does not benefit the club, nor the council, but definitely does a developer, how about a nice, flat, unused, area, next door to an industrial estate, easy access to the M1. Otherwise known as The Claret car park down Edgar Mobbs Way.
I have no inside knowledge, just purely speculating, a concept that is employed by a lot on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2018, 20:30:38 pm »

This is the Cardoza era plans for the wider land around Sixfields put forward by CDNL

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/planning/search-applications?civica.query.FullTextSearch=Sixfields#DOC?DocNo=4387172

Kelvin Thomas on taking over

"We think we're going to spend 4 million pounds in investing in the future, by finishing the stand.."

"David (Bower) probably coming to the end of his property development cycle, and even then probably not on the large scale that was ever going to be required if we were going to entertain the large scale retail and commercial development on the other side of the East Stand".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34938496

Interesting then the Council mentioning "proposed retail development" in their statement.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2018, 20:32:48 pm »

Sorry to selectively quote but it was a long post   Grin

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say ‘give them the land’. The only people slating the council are saying sort the conflicting leases, I don’t think anyone on here thinks land should just be handed over no questions.

Just because DC screwed us doesn’t mean KT is as well, he might be but it’s not a given. Things are starting to come out in the open now, hopefully there’ll be more transparency on all sides from today onward.

Grin Grin

On Twitter and Facebook they have, theres loads of Cobblers fans making such comments!  Grin

I don't for one minute…not even 0.1%…think KT or DB are out to screw us. I believe they are totally genuinely. However, I also believe they are 'in it to make a short term profit and run', doing little to improve our ground in the proc ess. Like I say, thats what I believe. Am I happy about that? You bet Im not. A very basic refit of the East Stand and our last chance of profiteering from the associated complex that Sixfield's 'potentially offers'. Id rather that the fans took ownership, or a local consortium of business people with the Cobblers at heart, ran the club at cost, took no risk with budgets, but maximised the facilities from whatever land is available to profit from. I reckon a sustainable mid-top end league1 football club could come out of that within 5 years. No more than that for sure, thats where the big money comes in. But Id be much more comfortable chancing it with 'outsiders' if theres no land grab on offer.

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2018, 20:35:14 pm »

I have read all of the posts on this issue, and am pretty much in agreement with what you have summed up. With regard to the additional land that KT is after, something that does not benefit the club, nor the council, but definitely does a developer, how about a nice, flat, unused, area, next door to an industrial estate, easy access to the M1. Otherwise known as The Claret car park down Edgar Mobbs Way.
I have no inside knowledge, just purely speculating, a concept that is employed by a lot on here.

I keep bloody saying the West Stand car park!  Grin

Yes, thats of course what I meant on the 2 or 3 posts I said it on!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: