The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:15:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21880 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2018, 20:35:50 pm »

One for the armchair sleths.
Wouldn’t any application for land be available via a FOI request? From the original loan (to DC) to the ongoing land battle, the lack of transparency is staggering.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2018, 20:39:20 pm »

I keep bloody saying the West Stand car park!  Grin

Yes, thats of course what I meant on the 2 or 3 posts I said it on!
Nice to know im not alone.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2018, 20:43:52 pm »

Another minor point.......its one thing to gain control of land, another to build on it......but a totally different one altogether to actually sell whatever is built.

The South gravel car park has been up for sale for how long now? Any takers for this prime piece of land??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2018, 20:46:19 pm »

So....retail development somewhere at Sixfields.....has this been mentioned before??

Taking off your claret tinted specs for a while, do you believe it is ok for KT/DB to sell off "PUBLICLY OWNED LAND" for retail development, and then presumably profit for the sale of that land?

The land may be "controlled" by NTFC/CDNL, but it is owned by the council. I'm sure they'll want a cut, and i'm sure they'll want to see as much of the remainder put into the club as possible...with a minimal amount if anything going to KT/DB.

KT states in a radio interview, when directly questioned by Stuart Linnell, that they have asked for no more land. The Council then issue a statement to say that they have. What the hell is going on??

Maybe from KTs position they expected the documents to include a certain portion of land and it wasn't in there, so they amended the documents and sent them back.  Thus in politician speak KT would be telling the truth that he hasn't asked for more land as he would only be asking for the land that he believes should be on the lease.  Whilst the council would take the position that KT has asked for more land to be included. 

That or one of them is telling a blatant lie. 
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2018, 20:56:52 pm »

Grin Grin

On Twitter and Facebook they have, theres loads of Cobblers fans making such comments!  Grin

I don't for one minute…not even 0.1%…think KT or DB are out to screw us. I believe they are totally genuinely. However, I also believe they are 'in it to make a short term profit and run', doing little to improve our ground in the proc ess. Like I say, thats what I believe. Am I happy about that? You bet Im not. A very basic refit of the East Stand and our last chance of profiteering from the associated complex that Sixfield's 'potentially offers'. Id rather that the fans took ownership, or a local consortium of business people with the Cobblers at heart, ran the club at cost, took no risk with budgets, but maximised the facilities from whatever land is available to profit from. I reckon a sustainable mid-top end league1 football club could come out of that within 5 years. No more than that for sure, thats where the big money comes in. But Id be much more comfortable chancing it with 'outsiders' if theres no land grab on offer.

Ahhh, I thought you meant on here, apologies.. I’ve deliberately not looked on social media tbh, usual melting pot of lunatics I’d assume?

I see where you are coming from and I pretty much agree. I just think sometimes on here there is a rush to denounce KT as the same as DC.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2018, 20:58:23 pm »

Maybe from KTs position they expected the documents to include a certain portion of land and it wasn't in there, so they amended the documents and sent them back.  Thus in politician speak KT would be telling the truth that he hasn't asked for more land as he would only be asking for the land that he believes should be on the lease.  Whilst the council would take the position that KT has asked for more land to be included. 

That or one of them is telling a blatant lie. 

Why then has this taken 6 months to come to the fore? You can't amend a legal document....you can query it, go back to the document producer to ask whats what.

KT said that he and his solicitor turned around the document in one working day......no mention of amending anything!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2487

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2018, 21:05:45 pm »

This is ridiculous now.

f*** it.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2018, 21:06:00 pm »

Another minor point.......its one thing to gain control of land, another to build on it......but a totally different one altogether to actually sell whatever is built.

The South gravel car park has been up for sale for how long now? Any takers for this prime piece of land??
When I was a kid, we used to go fishing down Dusson Mill. That area is very prone to flooding. I would suggest that its only use is as a car park. Maybe theres no potential car park magnates out there?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2018, 21:12:06 pm »

Lack of communication on both sides yet again - feel like we've walked this path many times before.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2018, 21:21:57 pm »

Ahhh, I thought you meant on here, apologies.. I’ve deliberately not looked on social media tbh, usual melting pot of lunatics I’d assume?

I see where you are coming from and I pretty much agree. I just think sometimes on here there is a rush to denounce KT as the same as DC.

It does frustrate me that so many of our fans seem to have brushed aside 15 years of this saga and not learned one bit from it. And are out there just blaming the council!  Grin Without even considering that there *might be more to it.

To be fair I don't see anyone comparing the two as individuals, just the situations and it being like ground hog day AGAIN!

I 'turned' after the Chinese 'deal' going bellies up was announced. For a whole host of different reasons. I don't believe the Football Club can be run properly by only half a board of 2 being in the country for just 2 weeks a month, for starters. Yeah, I know all about online communication…my business is a digital agency…but to run a small business effectively, which to all intent and purposes the Cobblers is, needs a more hands on approach at the very top. I won't get personal on here but thats just the start. Anyway, I will still be renewing my season ticket this week!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2018, 21:23:21 pm »

Why then has this taken 6 months to come to the fore? You can't amend a legal document....you can query it, go back to the document producer to ask whats what.

KT said that he and his solicitor turned around the document in one working day......no mention of amending anything!!

From KT's statement

“Our solicitors processed this within one working day with minimal change and returned the draft Deed to the council’s solicitors.

What they mean by minimal change is up for question.  I assumed it meant that they made some amendments.  The council have implied that they made amendments to the land that was to be included in the deal.  KT just said minimal change.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2018, 21:23:56 pm »

I'd prefer to wait and see what the piece of land in question is before jumping to any conclusions. It might be an area for a retail park, it might be a small path to allow access to the East Stand. Which side of the equation my sympathies lie would very much depend on knowing this essential piece of information.

You would have thought that this would have been the only course most of us can follow. Everything else is subject to the usual hearsay and unsubstantiated facts. If it is just a small access path then all this hullabaloo looks a bit silly!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 21:41:50 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2018, 21:28:55 pm »

It is the extra land bit but it is the retail bit that would suggest the extra land was not an additional path or room to turn the fire engine round as suggested by Hammy

I've never quite understood your love affair with everything I say. But let me just clear one thing up. I quoted the law. I never said that was KT's attempt to either secure or not secure further land.  I just quoted what was in the councils own safety executive notes, and totally contradicts what the council said at the time. It was the council who stated the original distance from the rear of the east that was required, then it was alleged on here that it was/is untrue.

I said way before you ever uttered a word about anything that KT will not develop anything without a return. I equally stated that until I am aware of the situation, I will not commit to an opinion. It will suit some peoples agenda to believe the council. It will suit others to believe KT.

In terms of DC. I can fully understand all of us holding little regard for him. Especially you, as you well and truly got your @rse kicked by him  Grin But to my knowledge, you did nothing more than you have done on this occasion. Namely moan on here.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2018, 21:51:16 pm »

I believe KT over anything that comes out of NBC.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2018, 22:01:49 pm »

This isn’t really tricky to deal with at all.
Just give the club to whoever has the £10M. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2018, 22:05:18 pm »

I believe KT over anything that comes out of NBC.

I'm still leaning that way.... I hope I'm right. I'm only basing that on the amount of times I have seen the council front out some serious lying  Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2018, 22:13:12 pm »

So....retail development somewhere at Sixfields.....has this been mentioned before??

Taking off your claret tinted specs for a while, do you believe it is ok for KT/DB to sell off "PUBLICLY OWNED LAND" for retail development, and then presumably profit for the sale of that land?

The land may be "controlled" by NTFC/CDNL, but it is owned by the council. I'm sure they'll want a cut, and i'm sure they'll want to see as much of the remainder put into the club as possible...with a minimal amount if anything going to KT/DB.

KT states in a radio interview, when directly questioned by Stuart Linnell, that they have asked for no more land. The Council then issue a statement to say that they have. What the hell is going on??

And I'm fairly certain that during one of the Trust meetings he stated as 'absolute fact' that the delay had 'nothing to do with additional land, or developing additional land around the stadium.'

As Monty says, it's a case of needing to know the facts before deciding who's doing (or not doing) what. The Council's comment about 'retail development' sounds ominous, but it could just as likely be a red herring on their part, i.e. not signing land away which the Council itself might look to develop sometime in the future.
Alternatively, the whole Chinese 'partnership' fiasco left a bad taste in the mouth. People purchasing controlling shares in the club, and yet KT never showed willing to acknowledge it as a takeover.

I certainly don't trust NBC, their hands are far from clean in the 'missing ten-millions' saga. Alternatively, they did throw the club a lifeline; although you can make your own mind up as to their reasoning on that one. KT always comes across as a decent and approachable bloke, although you'll never really get too much out of him beyond his 'media savvy patter.' I'm well aware he has the words to appease the masses, but his constant non-speak irks me somewhat. This being said, I'm not opposed to him making some decent money before he vacates the hot seat. But only if the football club's gains are greater.

Anyone's perception of truth is always a variable to someone else's, but the only thing seems clear at this moment: Northampton Town Football Club is once again being used as a pawn in someone else's game; and it appears to be in a dangerous position on the board.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 23:53:16 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
sparky

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2018, 23:03:30 pm »

The timing of this statement from KT is weird - Just appointed new manager - just signed a new striker - did they know this was going to be announced ? not sure. Would Dean Austin signed a contract for 2 years knowing KT was wanting out ?? This whole thing is a mess and the sooner the complete incompetent persons at NBC sort this out the better. NBC has a lot to answer for and maybe now is the time to get protesting as I believe the truth needs to come out over the missing money - there are persons in NBC holding info - we need to sort this now !!
If KT cant sort it this club is doomed
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2018, 03:23:12 am »

I am disappointed by the deaferning silence from the two Tory MP's for Northampton. Surely they should represent their electorate and try and broker a resolution to this disgraceful situation!

I won't hold my breath!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2018, 03:30:51 am »

Oh joy, groundhog day again. Round and round and round and round it goes, where it stops no one knows!

One thing is absolutely sure. The whole town centre and surrounding areas, retail, transport and housing, despite the huge opportunities given our home towns location has been mismanaged to a staggering degree of incompetence for decades now. All you who still live and work in Northampton everyday will possibly not see it so clearly but my god if like me you have spent over a decade or more away then return it's quite shocking. Sixfields and the surrounding area emphasises this quite clearly. It's a pleasure to live and work 6000 miles away from it all.

The stalemate will not be broken, too many individuals trying to pick each others pockets. Zero transparency, and buffoons (maybe baboons?) on local planning. Everybody connected to or supporting the club, with the exception of neveright, eventually could see DC for what he was but still 10m smackeroons were handed over to him with less diligence than planning a kids party. I suspect the loan agreement was written in crayon.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: