The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:26:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21801 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2018, 05:59:28 am »

The timing of this statement from KT is weird - Just appointed new manager - just signed a new striker - did they know this was going to be announced ? not sure. Would Dean Austin signed a contract for 2 years knowing KT was wanting out ?? This whole thing is a mess and the sooner the complete incompetent persons at NBC sort this out the better. NBC has a lot to answer for and maybe now is the time to get protesting as I believe the truth needs to come out over the missing money - there are persons in NBC holding info - we need to sort this now !!
If KT cant sort it this club is doomed

I agree with this - if you also factor in the season ticket deadline (great timing that I’m renewing mine today!) this week and the fact that it’s going to be hard for DA to attract any new players with this hanging over the club it is very weird timing.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2018, 06:33:47 am »

That NBC is a shockingly poor council there is no doubt. We are where we are in this mess due in the first place to the conduct of the organisation in the maladministration of the loan to NBC.  Of course there may be more to it than the local authority's incompetence alone but 3 years on we are still waiting on that one.  

Against that illustrious body we have our present owners supposedly batting for team NTFC who are as about as transparent as my bathroom window and consistently evade any questions on matters of detail.  Drilling is spot on on this aspect. In trying to decide who are the "bad guys" in this scenario let's not forget that KT was less than open about the foul up he and his partner contrived to make of the invisible investment of the Chinese.  KT only came clean when he was in a corner he could not get out of.  For months he would have us believe all was well with 5USport and many of you, far too many, swallowed his spin hook, line and sinker.

So, now in transpires that  according to the Council what KT did not disclose in his public blast of criticism of NBC is that, if you will excuse the pun, he has moved the goalposts and included in the proposal (note: we know nothing of any substance relating to his proposal, in fact we know nothing of the proposal at all) "further land".  This may be of critical importance. What land and where?  At least KT and DB venting their wrath through the media has forced the wretched NBC to begin to shed some light in the darkness of this cesspit.

On the matter of spin let us not be fooled into thinking that the comments made on the club's website that the owners spent lots of money on the CVA relating to CDNL solely for the benefit of the football club.  Bower and Thomas now control CDNL and therefore all the land that is behind the boundary of the East Stand (yes, it appears to need to be re-drawn due to NBC's incompetence but that should be easily done) is under the control of our owners under a long lease from NBC.  For those of you who have consistently taken a pop at Beds it may just be that he is right on this "land grab" topic, if not his arithmetic. Fortunately, others who post regularly on this blog appear to be alive to the issue but most come across as indifferent.

My take, for what it's worth, is that our owners have demonstrated no desire or intent to build the East Stand for the past 2 years.  The failure of the Chinese partnership from whom the owners were expecting big funds has put the lid on the redevelopment coffin under our present ownership.  But if our owners could get "further land" from the Council then that could possibly have been a selling point to another investor partner. That now looks unlikely.  And for any potential buyer of the club a main consideration has to be the prospect of dealing with a failed council that shares with our owners one common feature, opaqueness.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2018, 06:34:26 am »

And I'm fairly certain that during one of the Trust meetings he stated as 'absolute fact' that the delay had 'nothing to do with additional land, or developing additional land around the stadium.'

As Monty says, it's a case of needing to know the facts before deciding who's doing (or not doing) what. The Council's comment about 'retail development' sounds ominous, but it could just as likely be a red herring on their part, i.e. not signing land away which the Council itself might look to develop sometime in the future.
Alternatively, the whole Chinese 'partnership' fiasco left a bad taste in the mouth. People purchasing controlling shares in the club, and yet KT never showed willing to acknowledge it as a takeover.

I certainly don't trust NBC, their hands are far from clean in the 'missing ten-millions' saga. Alternatively, they did throw the club a lifeline; although you can make your own mind up as to their reasoning on that one. KT always comes across as a decent and approachable bloke, although you'll never really get too much out of him beyond his 'media savvy patter.' I'm well aware he has the words to appease the masses, but his constant non-speak irks me somewhat. This being said, I'm not opposed to him making some decent money before he vacates the hot seat. But only if the football club's gains are greater.

Anyone's perception of truth is always a variable to someone else's, but the only thing seems clear at this moment: Northampton Town Football Club is once again being used as a pawn in someone else's game; and it appears to be in a dangerous position on the board.

The devil is in the detail. The question should be whether the impasse is regarding further development other than that of the East Stand? He might be right in that it may not be extra land but land controlled by CDNL under terms organised in the Cardoza era.

A few weeks ago I asked the Trust on here whether to their knowledge the East Stand completion via Bower and Thomas is to be finished by ring fenced monies (£4 million) or to be funded or linked to an enabling development of land around Sixfields?

This is the key issue and stuff is only emerging on it now drip fed by the council. I've said before that it is unlikely that finishing that crummy stand would be payoff for the huge swathes of land that CDNL were submitting plans for under Cardoza. They might have got it through the Council but very little chance it'll happen again.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2018, 06:39:06 am »

That NBC is a shockingly poor council there is no doubt. We are where we are in this mess due in the first place to the conduct of the organisation in the maladministration of the loan to NBC.  Of course there may be more to it than the local authority's incompetence alone but 3 years on we are still waiting on that one.  

Against that illustrious body we have our present owners supposedly batting for team NTFC who are as about as transparent as my bathroom window and consistently evade any questions on matters of detail.  Drilling is spot on on this aspect. In trying to decide who are the "bad guys" in this scenario let's not forget that KT was less than open about the foul up he and his partner contrived to make of the invisible investment of the Chinese.  KT only came clean when he was in a corner he could not get out of.  For months he would have us believe all was well with 5USport and many of you, far too many, swallowed his spin hook, line and sinker.

So, now in transpires that  according to the Council what KT did not disclose in his public blast of criticism of NBC is that, if you will excuse the pun, he has moved the goalposts and included in the proposal (note: we know nothing of any substance relating to his proposal, in fact we know nothing of the proposal at all) "further land".  This may be of critical importance. What land and where?  At least KT and DB venting their wrath through the media has forced the wretched NBC to begin to shed some light in the darkness of this cesspit.

On the matter of spin let us not be fooled into thinking that the comments made on the club's website that the owners spent lots of money on the CVA relating to CDNL solely for the benefit of the football club.  Bower and Thomas now control CDNL and therefore all the land that is behind the boundary of the East Stand (yes, it appears to need to be re-drawn due to NBC's incompetence but that should be easily done) is under the control of our owners under a long lease from NBC.  For those of you who have consistently taken a pop at Beds it may just be that he is right on this "land grab" topic, if not his arithmetic. Fortunately, others who post regularly on this blog appear to be alive to the issue but most come across as indifferent.

My take, for what it's worth, is that our owners have demonstrated no desire or intent to build the East Stand for the past 2 years.  The failure of the Chinese partnership from whom the owners were expecting big funds has put the lid on the redevelopment coffin under our present ownership.  But if our owners could get "further land" from the Council then that could possibly have been a selling point to another investor partner. That now looks unlikely.  And for any potential buyer of the club a main consideration has to be the prospect of dealing with a failed council that shares with our owners one common feature, opaqueness.

Again I'd draw you to the quotes below. When I heard it I remember thinking great, these guys don't seem to be interested in the land and have money to go to finish the stand.

Kelvin Thomas on taking over

"We think we're going to spend 4 million pounds in investing in the future, by finishing the stand.."

"David (Bower) probably coming to the end of his property development cycle, and even then probably not on the large scale that was ever going to be required if we were going to entertain the large scale retail and commercial development on the other side of the East Stand".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34938496

Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2018, 07:01:25 am »

This is ridiculous.... For about a decade now the football club are saying they can't develop because of land issues and are waiting for the council to resolve and the council are saying the opposite. The East Side of the stadium complex is a complete mess and an embarrassment. The town have lost a great asset with the Athletics track firstly not being looked after and then having 100m ripped up, it now looks derelict, shmbolicand unfortunately represents the town of Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest170

« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2018, 07:19:19 am »

From the councils statement, and from what others have posted in the past, they are saying that the leases issues don't prevent KT from developing the stand.

Am I missing the point or are the council that KT isn't saying they cant develop the stand as they hold both leases, 1 as fully owned CDNL and 1 as major shareholder of NTFC,m but unless there is only one lease its possible that in the future, possibly under new owners or new partners, that both could lay claim to the building / land?

So yes they have freedom to develop now but would cause a contractual issue in the future?
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2018, 07:42:47 am »

I don't trust the council one bit but the secrecy / lack of detail from KT means I have doubts there too.

One thing is for sure, I won't be going on any marches or lobbying etc until I actually know what is going on with more detail.

Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2018, 07:52:40 am »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/statement_240518/

Chairman Kelvin Thomas has responded to the Northampton Borough Council statement:

Some of the key points:

1) If Northampton Borough Council state 'no lease issues have held up the process' why did the Council’s solicitors issue draft documentation to correct the position?

2) “Northampton Borough Council misleadingly says that we proposed the inclusion of further land which is not true. We have only wanted to deal with the area of the club land wrongly included in the CDNL lease. The Council’s own statement confirms CDNL and the club control all the land.

3) “We are more than happy for Northampton Borough Council to make this ‘suggested’ request public and show how it relates to the relevant Deed of Surrender. If they are unable to show this to us and the public, then we feel it would be appropriate for them to withdraw that statement.

4) “Frankly rather than to try and defend the indefensible we think it may be more appropriate for Northampton Borough Council to acknowledge that they could and should have dealt with matters more professionally.

5) “We have now made our position extremely clear in both our statements and we would ask and advise Northampton Borough Council that any information that they put in the public domain is both factual and correct, as our supporters and the people of Northampton deserve better.”
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
guest170

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2018, 08:05:36 am »

This is going to get mess(ier)
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2018, 08:06:01 am »

"after many months of pushing, solicitors instructed by the Council, sent to our solicitors a draft Deed of Surrender. Our solicitors processed this within one working day with minimal change and returned the draft Deed to the Council’s solicitors."
I will remain unconvinced until I know what this "minimal change" is. This is what seems to be the main stumbling block, so is of overall significance. I feel KT still needs to give us the details of this if he wants us to be on his side.

They are referred to in his recent statement as "slightly amended" and "uncontroversial amendments" - can we be the judge of how slight or uncontroversial they are? 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:09:36 am by Monty » Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
guest2995

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2018, 08:22:30 am »

Good post VC
All we ask for is clarity on either side .
There seems no doubt the stand could have been developed but hasn’t been because KT wants to make his investment worthwhile elsewhere .
I have no isssue with this but can understand why the council has , given everything that has gone on .
In the meantime , the council need to be clearer and act with transparency .

Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2018, 08:27:10 am »

Chairman responds
https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/statement_240518/
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2018, 08:28:06 am »

Chairman Kelvin Thomas has responded to the statement issued by Northampton Borough Council on Wednesday evening:

He said, “As we set out in our earlier statement the final straw for us was that the Council, for reasons only known to themselves, did not seem prepared or able to assist CDNL in surrendering land adjacent to the East Stand which should never have been granted to CDNL in the first place. The Council suggest in their statement that 'no lease issues have held up the process' but if that was true why did the Council’s solicitors issue draft documentation to correct the position?

“This draft documentation was returned slightly amended by our solicitors on 18 December 2017 since when we have received no response from them. After months of us chasing, our solicitors formally wrote to the Council’s solicitors on 2 May 2018 and said that we were 'surprised and disappointed not to have heard anything from you with regard to the suggested uncontroversial amendments made to the draft Deed of Surrender.' The Council’s solicitors responded on 3 May 2018 and said 'I have raised your concerns with my client and requested some clear instructions on the outstanding points. I am hopeful of getting something within the next few days.' Needless to say, we have heard nothing further.

“The Council misleadingly says that we proposed the inclusion of further land which again is not true. Are the Council suggesting that we wanted CDNL to surrender more land, which is clearly ridiculous. We have only wanted to deal with the area of the club land wrongly included in the CDNL lease. The Council’s own statement confirms CDNL and the club control all the land through various leases, so what possible additional land could they be suggesting we requested?

“We are more than happy for the Council to make this ‘suggested’ request public and show how it relates to the relevant Deed of Surrender. If they are unable to show this to us and the public, then we feel it would be appropriate for them to withdraw that statement.

“We do agree that when David (Bower) and I originally acquired the club in 2015 we did discuss in general terms with the Council the need to make the football club more sustainable in the longer term. The Council’s position was that they wanted the Sixfields site to be the subject of an overall masterplan and we shared this vision. We have since talked publicly about the need for a masterplan, we have discussed this with the Supporters Trust and had various meetings with the Council.

“We have even produced different outline schemes, all of which acknowledge the clear need for benefits to accrue to the club, to the Council and to the people of Northampton and discussed this all with the Council. However, it has to be made very clear that these conversations have been exploratory in nature and not relevant or tied to the existing lease issue. Any suggestion of linkage by the Council is just not true and intentionally misleading.

“Frankly rather than to try and defend the indefensible we think it may be more appropriate for the Council to acknowledge that they could and should have dealt with matters more professionally. It seems to us at this point that the Council’s continual lack of activity merely proves that its reputation for complete inertia remains entirely justified.

“We have now made our position extremely clear in both our statements and we would ask and advise the Council that any information that they put in the public domain is both factual and correct, as our supporters and the people of Northampton deserve better.”
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2018, 08:38:12 am »

This is going to get mess(ier)
Having read this statement , one side is not telling the truth !
It seems to me the two parties need to get around the table without prejudice and bring things to an open conclusion.
What is there to hide ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2018, 08:38:47 am »

I will remain unconvinced until I know what this "minimal change" is. This is what seems to be the main stumbling block, so is of overall significance. I feel KT still needs to give us the details of this if he wants us to be on his side.

They are referred to in his recent statement as "slightly amended" and "uncontroversial amendments" - can we be the judge of how slight or uncontroversial they are? 
My guess, and its only a guess, is it will be over the boundaries of the land that CDNL own and each side cant agree on the boundaries. That would make sense in respect to the council claims of the club trying to get more land if CDNL are trying to 'give up' land that they (potentially) don't own. That I would assume could then result in a new piece of land having 2 contracts.

Have the Trust seen anything that could clarify?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2018, 08:50:46 am »

The Saints are stupid if they haven't tried to get involved in the master plan. This size of land won't come up in Npton again. Build a decent groundshare stadium and/or a back to back and/or build their own stadium with expansion of our stadium. That would be a decent use of the land.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2018, 09:02:23 am »

The Saints are stupid if they haven't tried to get involved in the master plan. This size of land won't come up in Npton again. Build a decent groundshare stadium and/or a back to back and/or build their own stadium with expansion of our stadium. That would be a decent use of the land.
You wanted us to move closer to the town centre because you felt it would be good for both the club and town.
Now you are suggesting the Saints move further away from the town.
Doesn't your logic apply across different sports?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2018, 09:51:42 am »

It is an easy observation to make but the state of play in Northampton makes me sad. I am not quite sure where it all went wrong but I am old enough to remember us as a busy market town. Sure Wellingborough Road has never seemed up to much, other than pubs and fast food and the Model Shop but the town centre itself was buzzing.
I drive past the old bus station site quite frequently and that is true testament to what a waste the town is. The terrible decision to build Sol Central in an area lacking footfall, the St Peters Way magic roundabout (actually better now) and crazy rates driving any potential local (and now) big business out of town. It is probably a reflection of wider society in general but you couldn't debate that here!

'Sixfields' sums up the lack of ambition, investment and creativity in this town for a couple of generations.
All Cardoza had to do was build a ******* stand with someone else's money!!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:06 am »

You wanted us to move closer to the town centre because you felt it would be good for both the club and town.
Now you are suggesting the Saints move further away from the town.
Doesn't your logic apply across different sports?

Obviously space is at a premium in the town centre for the size of stadium that would take Saints to the next level. I'd say the benefits would outweigh the negatives for a corporate club like Saints. They played games in MK!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2018, 10:02:43 am »

It is an easy observation to make but the state of play in Northampton makes me sad. I am not quite sure where it all went wrong but I am old enough to remember us as a busy market town. Sure Wellingborough Road has never seemed up to much, other than pubs and fast food and the Model Shop but the town centre itself was buzzing.
I drive past the old bus station site quite frequently and that is true testament to what a waste the town is. The terrible decision to build Sol Central in an area lacking footfall, the St Peters Way magic roundabout (actually better now) and crazy rates driving any potential local (and now) big business out of town. It is probably a reflection of wider society in general but you couldn't debate that here!

'Sixfields' sums up the lack of ambition, investment and creativity in this town for a couple of generations.
All Cardoza had to do was build a ******* stand with someone else's money!!

Don't vote Tory.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: