The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:32:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21797 times)
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2018, 10:03:13 am »

I don't think there will be much sympathy for NTFC from the wider populace if the perception is that the club that apparently NBC wasted 10 million of it's taxpayers money on is now trying to get land for free when the council is bust.

That's how those who don't know the detail will see it.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2018, 10:42:28 am »

My guess, and its only a guess, is it will be over the boundaries of the land that CDNL own and each side cant agree on the boundaries. That would make sense in respect to the council claims of the club trying to get more land if CDNL are trying to 'give up' land that they (potentially) don't own. That I would assume could then result in a new piece of land having 2 contracts.

Have the Trust seen anything that could clarify?

From the way KT worded his statement, he seems to me to be suggesting some of NTFC's boundaries need to be extended so as to match the lease CDNL own. The council are so dumb they probably consider this a land grab by NTFC.
The alternative would be for CDNL to surrender some land, so as to match the NTFC lease, and I doubt KT and co are willing to hand land back to the council, especially after paying out to wrangle control of CDNL.

Of course, all of this would become a lot clearer if one or both sides just came out and put their full deck on the table.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:44:06 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2018, 10:50:39 am »

Can’t CDNL just sell the lease to NTFC for a £1? You are able to sell leases on.  I know it will leave ntfc with two leases that contradict each other but they can then work to resolve that and any other works on the land should be able to continue.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2018, 11:04:44 am »

From the way KT worded his statement, he seems to me to be suggesting some of NTFC's boundaries need to be extended so as to match the lease CDNL own. The council are so dumb they probably consider this a land grab by NTFC.

THIS THE CLOSEST TO THE TRUTH YOU WILL GET....

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:08:01 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2018, 11:39:55 am »

The alternative would be for CDNL to surrender some land, so as to match the NTFC lease, and I doubt KT and co are willing to hand land back to the council, especially after paying out to wrangle control of CDNL.

Of course, all of this would become a lot clearer if one or both sides just came out and put their full deck on the table.
In the absence of any definitive and gaureenteed benefits set in stone concrete metal and glass for the future benefits of for the Football club of Northampton and its public.. I believe the council have played a blinder.
If theres nothing in it for our club, why are we bothered about any financial benefits to be gained for speculators?
We need the supporters trust on the board that fights the clubs corner and that is objectionable.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2018, 11:51:35 am »

In the absence of any definitive and gaureenteed benefits set in stone concrete metal and glass for the future benefits of for the Football club of Northampton and its public.. I believe the council have played a blinder.
If theres nothing in it for our club, why are we bothered about any financial benefits to be gained for speculators?
We need the supporters trust on the board that fights the clubs corner and that is objectionable.

Judging from your response, I doubt you read a word of what I posted.
Report Spam   Logged
tuks

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2018, 11:52:11 am »

Obviously space is at a premium in the town centre for the size of stadium that would take Saints to the next level. I'd say the benefits would outweigh the negatives for a corporate club like Saints. They played games in MK!

I think you'll find the RFU no longer permit "new" ground share arrangements with football teams so that would rule that out. I may be wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:26 pm »

Seems we did the right thing getting out the deal with 5Usport #nopottopissin

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/agency-that-brokered-cobblers-partnership-deal-takes-chinese-firm-to-court-over-six-figure-unpaid-fee-claim-1-8509407
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2018, 12:42:41 pm »

Would it be too simple for the council to take back control of the leases, sell off the land for redevelopment themselves and then put some of the money into improving the facilities at Sixfields...which after all they own?

This benefits the town, taxpayers, football fans, football club and enhances their asset...namely Sixfields Stadium.

Cut out the middlemen!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2018, 12:44:58 pm »

Would it be too simple for the council to take back control of the leases, sell off the land for redevelopment themselves and then put some of the money into improving the facilities at Sixfields...which after all they own?

This benefits the town, taxpayers, football fans, football club and enhances their asset...namely Sixfields Stadium.

Cut out the middlemen!!

Sounds sensible, but also too much like hard work for a council who have shown themselves to be lazy, incompetent and completely indifferent to this whole saga (aside from the money they carelessly chucked away).
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2018, 12:49:35 pm »

https://www.northampton.gov.uk/downloads/file/8573/land-at-sixfields---13th-september-2013

The original land sale agreements regarding the sale to County Developments......

And for anyone not willing to trawl through the massive document.....The council sold the land for an initial £1.....the Football club relinquished control of what is basically the athletics stadium footprint to County Developments, who were planning to build up to 300 houses and provide up to 85000 square feet of retail use within the development.

Once things were underway CDNL were to pay the council a further £5 million pounds, plus half of anything over £110 million pounds that was realised from the sale of houses and shops once the project was completed.

I don't see what the football club were ever getting out of this deal.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 13:01:00 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2018, 13:10:27 pm »

https://www.northampton.gov.uk/downloads/file/8573/land-at-sixfields---13th-september-2013

Once things were underway CDNL were to pay the council a further £5 million pounds, plus half of anything over £110 million pounds that was realised from the sale of houses and shops once the project was completed.

I don't see what the football club were ever getting out of this deal.
I can see what they'll be getting out of it now, though - a fair amount of land and no promise for £5M plus half of any profit over £110 million to be handed back to the Council. Which would also explain why the council are not keen to transfer everything over to the club.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2018, 13:10:42 pm »

This is not quite true. I have checked with KT and it is literally a case of the council having granted two leases on the same part of land. CDNL want to surrender that part of their their lease. Therefore the Club will have the ‘only’ lease on that part of the land.

The extra land comment from the council is not true.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2018, 13:11:51 pm »

I’m sure this time KT and DB will sell to the right prospective owners to help build the club on and off the pitch leading to a bright future for the club blah blah blah and not just to the first people who wave a pound or yen at them!!

I’m sure of it
I think Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2018, 13:19:34 pm »

KT on BBC radio Northampton yesterday.

Skip to about 2hrs 10mins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p065z0gs
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2018, 13:33:37 pm »

All this crap just to complete a stand..

Send in Cecil....She'll sort it!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2018, 13:36:06 pm »

Cut out the middlemen!!

No not possible. They have issued a lease, well 2 in fact. They cannot just say we want it back.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2018, 13:48:35 pm »

Could we turn the East Stand into some form of water park?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2018, 13:51:56 pm »

Could we turn the East Stand into some form of water park?
Can’t we just knock it down and replace it with a series of duckboards and a bit of rope?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2018, 13:52:21 pm »

As there are quite a few variations on the 'NTFC FOR SALE' thread is it possible for someone to sort out the essential points from the comments posted. Those comments which are based on a bias to either party should be ignored?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: