The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:18:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21845 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2018, 10:03:01 am »

Everbrite you are so Liberal..........whoops censor me!!!

You revolutionary you!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2018, 10:53:49 am »

Just a reminder of the sort of person NBC deem 'fit and proper' to be the leader of their organisation:

A TORY councillor says he will continue with his political career despite being sentenced in court for beating up his wife.
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/political-career-goes-on-after-wife-attack-1-903254

Northampton council leader's business owed HMRC thousands:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-37765082

The Tory leader of Northampton Borough Council has issued an apology after revealing he was one of the seven councillors who had to be sent a reminder to pay council tax, because he was "skint."
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/exclusive-leader-of-northampton-borough-council-missed-two-council-tax-payments-because-he-was-in-financial-difficulty-1-7779179

Posts such as this would be more paletable if they were balanced by similar incompetencies demonstrated by Labour councillors .
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2018, 11:05:31 am »

It’s hardly in line with the thread title. I prefer to read about NTFC issues not opportunistic quasi political comments. Relax the rule and some on here will flood the Forum with similar comments.

You really are a selective reader - the thread is about NTFC up for sale - the reason KT has given is the non cooperative nature of the council with specific reference to the leader - this alleged non cooperation rightly focuses on the individual who has a history of actions (in the public domain) that rightly question whether he is a fit and proper person to be leading a public body that are in discussions (sic) with our football club.

It is both relevant to the thread and certainly not opportunist or political.

Additionally I don’t understand B&S’s comments on listing labour members lists of transgressions- it’s of no relevance - it’s about discussions with the current council leader - the fact he is a Tory is completely irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2018, 11:10:56 am »

Posts such as this would be more paletable if they were balanced by similar incompetencies demonstrated by Labour councillors .

Why not put them on then? No one can moan about balance then can they?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2018, 13:26:48 pm »

Cardoza has a lot to answer for on so many fronts. But for me his lasting legacy will be the obvious psychological impact his actions have had on some of our support.

We have a council that is imploding. It has thrown away nearly 80 million pounds of public money. Of which 12 million was handed over to DC. 16 million was ring fenced money for health. 52 million on building that they are now on about moving out of and leasing. With auditors finding bent deals left right and center, with clear suggestion that further criminal investigations will follow. And the first port of call for some on here not to trust, is KT.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2018, 13:50:59 pm »

Cardoza has a lot to answer for on so many fronts. But for me his lasting legacy will be the obvious psychological impact his actions have had on some of our support.

We have a council that is imploding. It has thrown away nearly 80 million pounds of public money. Of which 12 million was handed over to DC. 16 million was ring fenced money for health. 52 million on building that they are now on about moving out of and leasing. With auditors finding bent deals left right and center, with clear suggestion that further criminal investigations will follow. And the first port of call for some on here not to trust, is KT.  Grin Grin

Completely agree!

This effect showed itself when the Chinese took flight, too. Without it, I can only imagine far more on here would have been bashing 5U and feeling rather sorry for KT.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2018, 14:00:03 pm »

Agree.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2018, 14:36:06 pm »

Worth clarifying, as I have seen this mentioned a few times now from various people.

It is Northamptonshire County Council that ordered a section 114 (i.e it has gone bust) and has since sold its HQ. It's Northampton Borough Council that is responsible for the loan and the East Stand redevelopment. They are two different authorities.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2018, 15:15:24 pm »

Worth clarifying, as I have seen this mentioned a few times now from various people.

It is Northamptonshire County Council that ordered a section 114 (i.e it has gone bust) and has since sold its HQ. It's Northampton Borough Council that is responsible for the loan and the East Stand redevelopment. They are two different authorities.

And yet almost joined at the hip as far as performance level goes, right? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2018, 15:27:47 pm »

Completely aligned with this post.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2018, 16:25:32 pm »

I don't align with KT as apart from the whole East stand / development non event is the fact that we are now back in the bottom division with very little improvement to our club despite promises of £4m investment.

Many talk of lack of action / misinformation etc etc from NBC yet totally ignore KT actions and lack of action.

KT doesn't seem capable or willing to improve NTFC in either A: Spending millions on development and players etc  or B: Invest smaller amounts for longer term development and growth, whilst utilising local support, group funding or fan involvment

I just don't understand how he has so much fan support when even on the basic on field matters he has employed 3 managers who have all performed very poorly, has us relegated back to the bottom division with no / little assets in players etc etc

Pretty sure many local people / people on this forum would have done no worse

Yes the councils, both of them, have underperformed, have no plan, no ambition - very much like KT.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2018, 16:30:37 pm »

Absolutely. What I'm trying to demonstrate is the level of ineptitude, dishonesty at all levels of local government/public officials in this town.

The problem isn't what we see.  It is what we don't. Do you trust the borough council?

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2018, 16:36:54 pm »

I think the whole malaise around the football club needs addressing pretty damn quickly .
It’s all very well KT saying the playing side will not be affected but it will be and I would say it already has been .
There is a down beat feeling around the club and that stems from the top .
It was evident KT had lost interest last season for all sorts of reasons . There just wasn’t the vibrancy of previous years .
This has to stop now because otherwise we could spiral downwards and really struggle to recover as a football club .
I just hope the council and our leaders see sense and get around the table to sort what appear to be relatively minor differences on the grand scheme of things .
The supporters have been through enough .
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2018, 16:46:46 pm »

Surely you're mixing up NCC and NBC? Both are naff of course!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2018, 16:51:14 pm »

I just hope the council and our leaders see sense and get around the table to sort what appear to be relatively minor differences on the grand scheme of things .
The supporters have been through enough .

Just fed up with the whole shambolic pigs ear that appears to be surrounding our club...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2018, 17:27:07 pm »

I believe KT's legacy will be arguably the same as many of our previous chairman…'saved the club in many fans eyes', 'had a play', tried to make some money, didn't,  made no progress, fcuked orf. Whilst blaming the council!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2018, 17:30:41 pm »

I don't align with KT as apart from the whole East stand / development non event is the fact that we are now back in the bottom division with very little improvement to our club despite promises of £4m investment.

Many talk of lack of action / misinformation etc etc from NBC yet totally ignore KT actions and lack of action.

KT doesn't seem capable or willing to improve NTFC in either A: Spending millions on development and players etc  or B: Invest smaller amounts for longer term development and growth, whilst utilising local support, group funding or fan involvment

I just don't understand how he has so much fan support when even on the basic on field matters he has employed 3 managers who have all performed very poorly, has us relegated back to the bottom division with no / little assets in players etc etc

Yes the councils, both of them, have underperformed, have no plan, no ambition - very much like KT.

Probably because most people are more balanced in their opinions.

Has he made mistakes? Yes.

Is he the devil? No.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2018, 17:36:49 pm »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2018, 17:54:33 pm »

Not sure you can blame KT for relegation this year. Despite the on-going off field problems with SU Sport he still managed to financially back his manager, JFH, with nine new players in the January window.

That the players proved less than adequate and up to the task of keeping us up are entirely down to JFH.

I also don't recall any outcry on this forum when he sacked JE and brought in JFH in the first place. In fact the opposite was true, the overwhelming majority on here were delighted with the appointment.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2018, 18:14:15 pm »

Not sure you can blame KT for relegation this year. Despite the on-going off field problems with SU Sport he still managed to financially back his manager, JFH, with nine new players in the January window.

That the players proved less than adequate and up to the task of keeping us up are entirely down to JFH.

I also don't recall any outcry on this forum when he sacked JE and brought in JFH in the first place. In fact the opposite was true, the overwhelming majority on here were delighted with the appointment.

Ahh yes, very true. But he did take too bloody long to sack him! Which ultimately killed us. If he'd gone with 8 game to go we'd have stood a 50/50 chance I reckon…and thats without hindsight.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: