The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 16:01:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 22233 times)
guest3114

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2018, 00:05:01 am »

melbourne  you are the idiot mate

Read the posts, moron

sorry chap, made my eyes vomit first time around. Much as I’d like to accomodate your request I can’t subject myself to that again. Morons a bit harsh, but I have to say fair.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2018, 01:17:51 am »

so how come we did get promoted? 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2018, 02:47:45 am »

so how come we did get promoted? 
Right players, motivated to play to the best of their ability and consistently using the right tactics I thought? Seriously mate, too many clubs have gone into a tailspin having spent fortunes on ambition for it to be the be all and end all. Although I admit it can increase your chances. I just think the former is far more important myself. We went down through achieving the polar opposite to what I am suggesting, IMO anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2018, 04:29:49 am »

Personally I just want the Council to do their job they were elected for and make a decision!

They have not said if there is or is not 2 leases on the specific piece of land, why not?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2018, 06:56:10 am »

No I spoke to someone from the Trust and it is more a case of a dodgy opening sentence from the Chron. The Trust have proposed a meeting if  there is no movement on the negotiations between the Council and club which is fair enough.

Think they are doing a good job of trying to remain neutral and gain as much info as possible so that's why the tone of that article surprised me.
That sounds a little better, but would be more beneficial to get some guarantee from Thomas and Bower as to what our club, the one the trust represent  can expect from any windfall coming from this, should the council grant their every wish..
Bargaining for the good of the club you could say as its their association with our club that will probably  sway the council thinking into handing over land/leases.
Should the club get what I suspect, absolute nothing again, I would like the council to be made aware if handing over unconditional  land leases, this will not be beneficial to their Towns football club.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:59:04 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2018, 07:30:38 am »

That sounds a little better, but would be more beneficial to get some guarantee from Thomas and Bower as to what our club, the one the trust represent  can expect from any windfall coming from this, should the council grant their every wish..
Bargaining for the good of the club you could say as its their association with our club that will probably  sway the council thinking into handing over land/leases.
Should the club get what I suspect, absolute nothing again, I would like the council to be made aware if handing over unconditional  land leases, this will not be beneficial to their Towns football club.

In what conceivable scenario can you even suggest the council are protecting public money or land 😀😀😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2018, 07:32:38 am »

I have questioned for a long time if Bower/Thomas have any real intention of building the East Stand with their money.  I reckon they were looking to the Chinese to come up with the money and when that did not materialise they found the excuse in the CDNL/NTFC boundary error made by the inept NBC.  No sign of the £4 million "ring fenced" to complete the shambles of the East Stand which was apparently promised to NBC on the acquisition of the club and the forgiveness of the embezzled loan.  I think there is a good chance that some of that £4m was drawn-down in January for the loan to the club secured on Ventures' shareholding in NTFC and so ejected the wretched 5USport and has kept the club going this past season.  None of us have seen any drawings, designs, plans for the East Stand because, in all probability, for the reason I give none have ever been commissioned by our present owners.  No sign of the famed Thomas PowerPoint presentation coming to us at any time soon.  The Council is hopeless and incompetent but because of that it is low hanging fruit for Thomas and, undoubtedly, he is currently winning the PR war that has developed into a public slanging match.  It could just be that this suits Bower's and Thomas' purpose well to enable them to exit (perhaps still owning the CDNL land and, therefore, any future potential profit from its sale/development to the exclusion of NTFC) blaming all on the Council.

So, to those of you jumping to the defence of our current owners consider that the Council are not the only ones who deserve criticism. Equally, I would have no confidence in NBC adequately protecting the interests of NTFC and its supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2018, 07:50:36 am »

The problem is Vintage.....all of that is entirely hypothetical and guess work.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2018, 08:07:44 am »

The problem is Vintage.....all of that is entirely hypothetical and guess work.

Guesswork or circumstantial evidence leading to a logical conclusion I leave to readers to decide.

But consider if you would how things would have been different if Thomas had produced plans/designs for the East Stand and consulted on these with the Trust whilst also disclosing what lay behind the effective control of the CDNL land through the CVA and plans for that area comprising the old running track area and beyond. Would the Football club share in that enterprise and was this the jewel in the crown for our absent real owner, Mr Bower?  With supporters on board for the completion of the East Stand and wider redevelopment things would have been so much better and even an incompetent local authority might have got off its backside. 

The reality is that supporters have been excluded and not included at all.  The situation is summed up by Thomas' refusal to allow supporters representation on the board so enabling the representative(s) access to full information.  Thomas has been secret and opaque and manipulated the media and many supporters to his advantage.  He is a shrewd operator.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2018, 08:19:54 am »

You won’t be crawling up his arse Beds, you’re already too far up your own to make it back.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2018, 08:28:03 am »

In what conceivable scenario can you even suggest the council are protecting public money or land 😀😀😀😀
I'm not sure what it is they are trying to protect, but its something. The fact (I think I can call it a fact) is that they drafted a deed of surrender which KT didn't quite like, so he proposed some amendments - The Council didn't like these amendments so didn't agree. So whatever they are protecting, I conclude (rightly or wrongly) must be in these amendments. Anyone know what they are? KT can win me over if I like them - but without any knowledge of what they are I'm staying firmly on the fence.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2018, 08:41:26 am »

I have questioned for a long time if Bower/Thomas have any real intention of building the East Stand with their money.  I reckon they were looking to the Chinese to come up with the money and when that did not materialise they found the excuse in the CDNL/NTFC boundary error made by the inept NBC.  No sign of the £4 million "ring fenced" to complete the shambles of the East Stand which was apparently promised to NBC on the acquisition of the club and the forgiveness of the embezzled loan.  I think there is a good chance that some of that £4m was drawn-down in January for the loan to the club secured on Ventures' shareholding in NTFC and so ejected the wretched 5USport and has kept the club going this past season.  None of us have seen any drawings, designs, plans for the East Stand because, in all probability, for the reason I give none have ever been commissioned by our present owners.  No sign of the famed Thomas PowerPoint presentation coming to us at any time soon.  The Council is hopeless and incompetent but because of that it is low hanging fruit for Thomas and, undoubtedly, he is currently winning the PR war that has developed into a public slanging match.  It could just be that this suits Bower's and Thomas' purpose well to enable them to exit (perhaps still owning the CDNL land and, therefore, any future potential profit from its sale/development to the exclusion of NTFC) blaming all on the Council.

So, to those of you jumping to the defence of our current owners consider that the Council are not the only ones who deserve criticism. Equally, I would have no confidence in NBC adequately protecting the interests of NTFC and its supporters.
This is as close to the truth as I have read on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2018, 08:51:02 am »

Perhaps they don't like their share of the winnings Tel, it's not as though the council are under scrutiny now is it   Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2487

« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2018, 08:58:13 am »

This is as close to the truth as I have read on here.

How do you know?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2018, 09:08:16 am »

Read the councils statement for a starter for 10.
Do you really think that the council can let KT and DB developed the surrounding land without due diligence being seen to be done?
KT has stated he isn't going to increase the capacity of Sixfields.........do you think he's going to offer the council half the profit from the land deal  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2487

« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2018, 09:12:34 am »

Read the councils statement for a starter for 10.
Do you really think that the council can let KT and DB developed the surrounding land without due diligence being seen to be done?
KT has stated he isn't going to increase the capacity of Sixfields.........do you think he's going to offer the council half the profit from the land deal  Grin

Nope.

I just think someone needs to play devils advocate a bit in certain instances.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2018, 09:24:54 am »

All this debate could be stopped by KT and Bower coming out with the plan of the 2 leases where the problem lies being put out into the open and also their plans for the land. If they have nothing to hide why don't they do that. At this stage I wouldn't want the council to sign off on anything until we know exactly whats in it for the club and the town. I am sure none of us mind KT and Bower making something of the surrounding land, as long as we get a positive benefit for the club and its future. Surely it is not that difficult to put into plain sight where the problem lies with the leases and what we get for it!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2018, 09:34:12 am »

The solution is that the two leases are merged and the single tenant is NTFC. That would avoid the issue of our owners having two bites of the Sixfields apple. If any future redevelopment of CDNL held land produces a profit Bower and Thomas would benefit with the increased share price of their shares in Ventures which in turn own 80%+ of the shares in NTFC.  But I very doubt that is on their agenda. 
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2018, 09:47:25 am »

There's zero chance of that, they will exit the second the money hits their bank.
For those that keep asking what the plan for Sixfields is, KT HAS STATED ON RECORD THAT HE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CAPACITY OF SIXFIELDS.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2018, 10:19:38 am »

Vintage absolutely echoes my beliefs.

Those who are banging the anti council drum are kind of missing the point. Because that isn't the point. I *think everybody on here knows that the council are pretty dam useless!  Grin HOWEVR. Them being useless doesn't address what the *motives of KT and Bower really are. That is a separate issue.

Until they show their hand, what the plans are, what their medium term intentions are etc…then they are not going to get my support on the issue…

…which I don't think they will. Because I think their plans are simple. Or were simple. They 'were' to do a basic refit of the East Stand and make a nice pot of cash on the side. Leaving NTFC with no future potential gold mine from the land whatsoever. I think their plans are now even simpler. To cash in their chinese chips and get shot of the club asap before they have to start carrying the wage bill again once the season ticket money has drained away. If they are still here in a few weeks you can add the sales of a few players to go with that. I believe they are now speedily executing their exit strategy, using the council as the perfect pawn to do so in order not to lose credibility.

So far its working but slowly…just like 3 years ago…the masses are catching on.

Of course I may be completely wrong. If I am I can't wait to admit it because that would mean our football club is safe in their hands. But there isn't a single jot of evidence so far to dispel my fears.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: