The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:21:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21800 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2018, 10:24:15 am »

Absolutly spot on Drilling.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2018, 10:30:52 am »

Pretty much everything KT has done so far at the club will pale into insignificance with his next moves. If he is to repay the trust given to him by a lot of fans, maintain good relations and prove himself the football man he was described as on taking over then he will do the best by the club and fans. Fingers crossed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2018, 11:03:57 am »

I don't want to say too much on this subject, but the only thing I will say is Chris Wilder said the club will be in safe hands with KT as chairman. I hope he was correct in saying this and not just covering his own back at the time just to get the deal done for the sale of the club.

CW was the one who contacted Kelvin in the first place, if people can remember, and then was so passionate about the deal being done with that famous speech thats gone down in history.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2018, 11:37:26 am »

With things the way they are now I think that the ball is in KT's court. What does "normalising the leases" bring to the football club? Does this purely mean we might get a completed East Stand within the shell that's already there?

I watched a video yesterday when KT was filmed the day after taking over the club....he outlined his plans for the East Stand.....boxes, lounges and possibly a conference centre on the back....is this still the case?

To all those slagging off the council and saying "get it sorted"......get what sorted? How do you see the club ultimately benefiting from any deal? Or do you just want something better to look at over on the East side of the ground?

Will you be happy if retail and housing or whatever else was proposed for the Athletics side gets built...yet nothing comes from that that benefits the club?

Kelvin....show us your hand, show us what you are trying to achieve, show us how that will benefit the club, because ultimately that's all that 99% of us care about.....whats in it for NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2487

« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2018, 13:01:49 pm »

No reason why KT shouldn't tell us his plans now. Bit ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged
sussexcobbler

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2018, 13:03:35 pm »

I understand people asking for KT to release the lease details that he would like changed, but we should remember all of this will be tied up in a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).  It was telling in his statement that he said that he was happy for the Council to release the details, basically releasing NTFC for the NDA, but unless the council also agree to go public then he can't release a single detail that is covered by the agreement.

We shouldn't mistake being bound by an NDA as being the same for deliberately wanting to keep them in the dark.  NDA's are pretty standard around these kind of discussions, even in my line of work i sign a couple of month and my discussions are nowhere near as sensitive as this.  It would be great if the council release what KT has given them permission to, but in all honesty I doubt they will.  The council are in defence mode at the moment.  Their fear of further upsetting the voters is resulting in major inertia.  If the sixfields scheme can be interpreted as damaging the town centre, then they probably don't have the bottle as each councillor is protecting their seat and need every vote they can get.

My gut is that the council is the blocker.  I also guess that at least £1m of the magic £4m has already been invested into the club with day to day running costs and the improvements they have already made.  We should let this play out before we throw KT under the bus.  Having met him personally and discussed the club and plans, I think he is pretty genuine.  It seems fair enough to me that he wants to use profit from enabling development to fund the NTFC improvements.  Surely this is a win/win?  Why would we be against that?  He is a businessman, and he wants to make money whilst also improving us.  I don't have a problem with that.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2018, 13:42:57 pm »

No-one is 'throwing KT under a bus'. Just some reasonable fans asking some reasonable questions.

You mention using enabling development funds to pay for improvements at the ground.

Again I'll point you to these KT comments on taking over...

"We think we're going to spend 4 million pounds in investing in the future, by finishing the stand.."

"David (Bower) probably coming to the end of his property development cycle, and even then probably not on the large scale that was ever going to be required if we were going to entertain the large scale retail and commercial development on the other side of the East Stand".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34938496

Which is it?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2018, 13:58:13 pm »

I'm not sure what it is they are trying to protect, but its something. The fact (I think I can call it a fact) is that they drafted a deed of surrender which KT didn't quite like, so he proposed some amendments - The Council didn't like these amendments so didn't agree. So whatever they are protecting, I conclude (rightly or wrongly) must be in these amendments. Anyone know what they are? KT can win me over if I like them - but without any knowledge of what they are I'm staying firmly on the fence.

And this is the issue, isn't it? People are rushing to slaughter the Council, but until our owners decide to set out all of the facts it is ridiculous to pick a side. Personally, I suspect my earlier post regarding differing boundaries within the two leases is the real issue (sticking point).
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2018, 14:03:46 pm »

I understand people asking for KT to release the lease details that he would like changed, but we should remember all of this will be tied up in a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).  It was telling in his statement that he said that he was happy for the Council to release the details, basically releasing NTFC for the NDA, but unless the council also agree to go public then he can't release a single detail that is covered by the agreement.

We shouldn't mistake being bound by an NDA as being the same for deliberately wanting to keep them in the dark.  NDA's are pretty standard around these kind of discussions, even in my line of work i sign a couple of month and my discussions are nowhere near as sensitive as this.  It would be great if the council release what KT has given them permission to, but in all honesty I doubt they will.  The council are in defence mode at the moment.  Their fear of further upsetting the voters is resulting in major inertia.  If the sixfields scheme can be interpreted as damaging the town centre, then they probably don't have the bottle as each councillor is protecting their seat and need every vote they can get.

My gut is that the council is the blocker.  I also guess that at least £1m of the magic £4m has already been invested into the club with day to day running costs and the improvements they have already made.  We should let this play out before we throw KT under the bus.  Having met him personally and discussed the club and plans, I think he is pretty genuine.  It seems fair enough to me that he wants to use profit from enabling development to fund the NTFC improvements.  Surely this is a win/win?  Why would we be against that?  He is a businessman, and he wants to make money whilst also improving us.  I don't have a problem with that.

I'm not sure I follow this.  What NDA are you referring to and what would it cover?  The land is owned by the local authority and so is in public ownership.  Why the secrecy?  Any planning applications would immediately be in the public domain. There is nothing on record anywhere I can see where KT has said he wants to use profit from enabling development to fund NTFC improvements.  In fact, KT has nothing of any substance about any development.  So how can it be a "win, win" situation when we are kept in the dark.  What you are doing is asking us to place our trust in KT based on a conversation you have had with him.  In other words and here we go again, you are expecting us to join or rejoin the "in KT we trust" brigade.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2018, 14:11:15 pm »

Nope.

I just think someone needs to play devils advocate a bit in certain instances.

The Council sold the lease on the land in question to CDNL for £1 (one pound sterling), and this includes the athletics track area which the club had surrendered as part of that deal. The Council did this on the basis they'd make millions on any returned development, a plan which went tits up once CDNL went into liquidation.
As I stated previously, if KT is just looking to surrender to NTFC the plot formerly used by the athletics club, then I fail to understand the Council's rigid stance. I suspect the issue is that he is trying to include more of the land held by CDNL to the NTFC lease, and the Council (having already been shafted) have no wish to be shafted further.
The Council will only profit from developments carried out by CDNL. If developments take place on a plot owned by NTFC, then I doubt the Council will see a bean.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2018, 14:18:20 pm »

Perhaps they don't like their share of the winnings Tel, it's not as though the council are under scrutiny now is it   Grin Grin Grin

I'm still on the fence  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2018, 14:22:39 pm »

I'm firmly on the fence until there are more details. Impossible to choose a side at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2018, 14:27:12 pm »

The Council sold the lease on the land in question to CDNL for £1 (one pound sterling), and this includes the athletics track area which the club had surrendered as part of that deal. The Council did this on the basis they'd make millions on any returned development, a plan which went **** up once CDNL went into liquidation.
As I stated previously, if KT is just looking to surrender to NTFC the plot formerly used by the athletics club, then I fail to understand the Council's rigid stance. I suspect the issue is that he is trying to include more of the land held by CDNL to the NTFC lease, and the Council (having already been shafted) have no wish to be shafted further.
The Council will only profit from developments carried out by CDNL. If developments take place on a plot owned by NTFC, then I doubt the Council will see a bean.

Interesting post by Jolly but what Thomas has said is that the Council granted 2 leases with overlapping boundary lines which need to be corrected.  Fair enough and that shouldn't take long, even for NBC.  A cock-up by an incompetent council for sure but I doubt that the mistake relates to the sizeable area of land to which Jolly alludes.  

As many are now saying, it is time for complete transparency by both our owners and NBC.  All their reputations are on the line.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2018, 15:10:40 pm »

Interesting post by Jolly but what Thomas has said is that the Council granted 2 leases with overlapping boundary lines which need to be corrected.  Fair enough and that shouldn't take long, even for NBC.  A ****-up by an incompetent council for sure but I doubt that the mistake relates to the sizeable area of land to which Jolly alludes.  

As many are now saying, it is time for complete transparency by both our owners and NBC.  All their reputations are on the line.

Excluding the stadium from this discussion, NTFC hold a lease for the area which was formerly the athletic ground. CDNL also hold a lease for this plot of land. This is the only area I can see where there is an overlap. I still suspect KT wants to release some other area of the plot held by CDNL back to NTFC, thus making defunct any prior development agreement between the Council and CDNL. If this isn't the issue, then I honestly can't see where else the Council have a problem.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2018, 15:19:27 pm »

Thanks for that, Jolly.  The running track is a sizeable area of land so it is staggering that NBC should foul-up so badly. 

It all comes down to the intentions of the parties and they are both observing radio silence.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2018, 17:08:59 pm »

I'm doubting this. Why wouldn't KT tell us this if it was true? I don't think he'd pass up another opportunity to put pressure on the Council and make them look like the bad guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Humanpunk

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2018, 18:43:36 pm »

I for one am confident KT and the board are doing the best they can for the club within the limitations of what is sensible for him and his family. I don't think he is looking to sell the club down the tube as the previous owner nearly did and will look to see us in safe hands if he is to sell.

The board made funds available to try and have a decent season in League 1, I don't think many would have predicted what a shocking nightmare the managers would make of the resources to hand.

It must be a nightmare to be an owner of a football club, looking at the comments on this message board why would anyone want to take on the club and take the flack that comes when in all likelihood KT and the board are doing the job with what looks like one hand tied behind their back by what we all know is a corrupt and mismanaged council. Why anyone believes the council above KT is beyond me and of course everything can't be played out in public, very few private companies or football clubs do that.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2018, 22:31:29 pm »

They are both as bad as each other punk. Cmon even KT said he was responsible for this season

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2018, 23:19:09 pm »

Are you something to do with the trust?
I really hope not as this looks like a character assassination on behalf of those looking for support in seeking land!
The Cobblers and the nbc will be here long after the speculators have gone.

No I have a brain, two ears and two eyes and I use them. Unlike you.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2018, 23:24:13 pm »

I'm 60% sure this club will be in the conference within 5 seasons aimlessly because the town of Northampton will eventually drag it down.

KT and his group have proposed multiple options for developing the land around the stadium from retail to offices, distribution sheds etc etc. They have also provided proven funding of £ millions.

The sole blame for this sorry situation lies with NBC and its complete and utter ineptitude.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: