The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:29:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC FOR SALE

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC FOR SALE  (Read 21906 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2018, 08:51:58 am »

So... There's been no interest from the much touted "local consortium" that have been waiting patiently in the wings for a chance to leap at this potential powerhouse of football.

Equally, the club appears to be coping quite well with the deluge of interested parties  Grin Grin

So what we are looking at, is a potential investor, who needs to maximise the revenue of the club by getting what he/she can from the council. Or at the very least just clarification IN WRITING that they won't have the carpet pulled from under them when they do suggest something.

The last one sounds familiar. 
And you know for sure that the clubs up for sale or was that a threat to get land deals sorted quicker ?
Yes everything has a price, one fair and one not, which one are we being touted for, if any?

As for the council, if they deem the benefits to our football club to be negligible for the amount of land and its value being demanded, (again in the absence of what it is they want and what our club hopes to achieve) I hope they NBC, stand strong and use the land to benefit the town in a better ways.
Not one blade of grass #nobog  😂😂😂😊
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2018, 12:38:06 pm »

And you know for sure that the clubs up for sale or was that a threat to get land deals sorted quicker ?
Yes everything has a price, one fair and one not, which one are we being touted for, if any?

As for the council, if they deem the benefits to our football club to be negligible for the amount of land and its value being demanded, (again in the absence of what it is they want and what our club hopes to achieve) I hope they NBC, stand strong and use the land to benefit the town in a better ways.
Not one blade of grass #nobog  😂😂😂😊

The club as always been up for sale. For many years the price for this sleeping giant  Grin was very affordable. And in my opinion is now. Perhaps if you are interested in the going rate, you could ask your local consortium to test the water (I'm sure they have already) and come back to you with a figure. I should imagine they have already expressed an interest. As you have said. We are only talking a few million here and there to develop the ground. With an additional, what? 5 10 20 30 million to get us into the championship. I mean.. who wouldn't bite their hands off?? 

As for your allegiance with our oh so functional and honest council. I can't imagine anyone is surprised that you have jumped into bed with them.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2018, 15:05:38 pm »

The club as always been up for sale. For many years the price for this sleeping giant  Grin was very affordable. And in my opinion is now. Perhaps if you are interested in the going rate, you could ask your local consortium to test the water (I'm sure they have already) and come back to you with a figure. I should imagine they have already expressed an interest. As you have said. We are only talking a few million here and there to develop the ground. With an additional, what? 5 10 20 30 million to get us into the championship. I mean.. who wouldn't bite their hands off?? 

As for your allegiance with our oh so functional and honest council. I can't imagine anyone is surprised that you have jumped into bed with them.
It would be irresponsible of owners to sell up a football club when there's so much more to gained from the land it stands on these past 15 years..Huh? Sell the club independently and keep possession of land parcels/ leases??? At least that way it might give the club a chance to grow even without any enabling from its land.
I wish the council would stop attracting property developers/land acquirers/speculators etc with unconditional sales of £1 land parcels 😂😂
I still haven't got a clue whats going on other than 'not very much'😂
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2018, 15:25:15 pm »

It would be irresponsible of owners to sell up a football club when there's so much more to gained from the land it stands on these past 15 years..Huh? Sell the club independently and keep possession of land parcels/ leases??? At least that way it might give the club a chance to grow even without any enabling from its land.
I wish the council would stop attracting property developers/land acquirers/speculators etc with unconditional sales of £1 land parcels 😂😂
I still haven't got a clue whats going on other than 'not very much'😂

So after all the pie in the sky ideas you've come up with... Your sales pitch, is a struggling club, that can't raise much above 5k crowds 90% of the time. With a leasehold ground and an uncooperative council holding the cards.

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't buy into your vision.. I can see how we are a much more attractive proposition than Charlton, Plymouth, Bradford, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers, Luton, Coventry, Port Vale. Once you dig below the surface, you just get hot air. Every time.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2018, 18:49:26 pm »

You can only sell something if someone wants to buy it.
The current value must at worst be £0 and at best far less than KT and co would want. It’s posturing and they’d be cutting their losses.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2018, 19:17:03 pm »

But but but there are loads of people forming lines to buy a football club.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2018, 21:54:44 pm »

But but but there are loads of people forming lines to buy a football club.
Name one club that hasn't secured an owner😉
There are many good ones out there and some shiite ones also.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2018, 22:06:27 pm »

Name one club that hasn't secured an owner😉
There are many good ones out there and some shiite ones also.

We've secured an owner. It's just you and a handful of others dislike lhim. With absolutely no good reason, other than he won't bow to you. All the ones that give home a hard time, are those that struggle with anybody they can't get a reaction from.

I'm sorry if KT thinks I have belied his confidence in saying this. But he has sat in person and told me he will not be called out on here. I doubt he ever views it.

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2018, 22:20:53 pm »

We've secured an owner. It's just you and a handful of others dislike lhim. With absolutely no good reason, other than he won't bow to you. All the ones that give home a hard time, are those that struggle with anybody they can't get a reaction from.

I'm sorry if KT thinks I have belied his confidence in saying this. But he has sat in person and told me he will not be called out on here. I doubt he ever views it.

My view Nigel is that he's a chancer. Nothing more nothing less. He wants to make a few quid for him and his mates. The fruit machine won't pay out, he now wants out. In my opinion! The alternative is that Bower covers a massive wage bill next season and 'we go again'. Will he want to do that? I bloody well doubt it. We shall see Sir. But Im (in the main) with the other liar!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2018, 07:12:22 am »

Pretty much anyone taking over at NTFC when they did was going to be a spectulator/chancer and or property developer. The chance to take on a club which had been mismanaged but with potential at the right end of a promotion charge, accessing at least 11 acres of land not including CDNL element all for a pound.

Clearly a pound is never that straight forward but even adding in the tax bill and unpaid wages it appeared to represent a good opportunity for someone. It just happened to be KT et al. Did they think it would be quite the tangled mess including a relegation? I very much doubt it but it is the Town way unfortunately.
I doubt that anyone would have considered the Chinese factor on top of the JFH and ongoing NBC issues.
 Under their stewardship no doubt but who realistically was the alternative at the time of peak crisis?

I still hope for a brighter future and good football. Deluded probably but it hasn’t stopped me coming for over 30 years.

Greater clarity on all the relevant points would be good but I won’t hold my breath.

Euromillions ticket tonight then I’ll step in.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest2934

« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2018, 08:00:21 am »

Euromillions ticket tonight then I’ll step in.

The very best of luck Zen. (my new bestest pal ever)
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2018, 08:20:43 am »

If it wins that is and not sharing. Jackpot only.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest1269

« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2018, 10:51:10 am »

My view Nigel is that he's a chancer. Nothing more nothing less. He wants to make a few quid for him and his mates. The fruit machine won't pay out, he now wants out. In my opinion! The alternative is that Bower covers a massive wage bill next season and 'we go again'. Will he want to do that? I bloody well doubt it. We shall see Sir. But Im (in the main) with the other liar!  Grin Grin

I disagree but our agreement or otherwise is of no consequence - the real question is are there tangible alternatives?

Yes, we have Beds' parody like suggestions - which actually become more clear in their lack of reality given the current situation (he does not seem to want to expand on this list of wealthy local potential owners waiting in the wings).

I have zero confidence in our council (Due to their proven incompetence), and some confidence but with a caution in our owners (mainly due to limited transparency) - I can speculate & suggest all sorts of alternatives but they have no bearing on the future of our club.   
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2018, 13:23:58 pm »

I disagree but our agreement or otherwise is of no consequence - the real question is are there tangible alternatives?

Yes, we have Beds' parody like suggestions - which actually become more clear in their lack of reality given the current situation (he does not seem to want to expand on this list of wealthy local potential owners waiting in the wings).

I have zero confidence in our council (Due to their proven incompetence), and some confidence but with a caution in our owners (mainly due to limited transparency) - I can speculate & suggest all sorts of alternatives but they have no bearing on the future of our club.   

The perfect scenario for me would be for a local consortium, preferably fans of the club, to take over and forge a good working relationship with the council and maximise growth opportunities from the land, taking zero profit for themselves.

The issue is that the football club is surely going to lose a lot of money over the next 12 months due to a rapid increase in costs and lower income as a result of relegation. Got to be circa 1million quid, and thats based on a wage bill that is massively higher than it was 2 years ago when we were breaking even. Of course some of that could be recouped by selling players.

I've been drumming the same point/s for the last 3 months, basically since the Chinese went awol. With KT at loggerheads with the council over the land and those issues not looking likely to be solved any time soon, a re-appointed main money man (Bower) who lives 1000's of miles away and is in his 70's and one can assume 'doesn't want to be here' (he's already flogged his shares once!), and a hefty loss on the horizon, the sooner the Football Club is under new ownership the better.

Of course any sale is likely to be very complicated due to all the various leases etc which in itself could cause a big problem. I guess time will tell how desperate KT is to cut his losses…hand the lot over and walk away for a £1 and he may find someone. Ask unreasonable sums of money and he could be here for some time! Personally, if I had 100 plus million in the bank Id offer him a quid and all the paperwork he's got and take it on. I wouldn't pay him any money for it, thats for sure!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2018, 14:50:26 pm »

The perfect scenario for me would be for a local consortium, preferably fans of the club, to take over and forge a good working relationship with the council and maximise growth opportunities from the land, taking zero profit for themselves.

The issue is that the football club is surely going to lose a lot of money over the next 12 months due to a rapid increase in costs and lower income as a result of relegation. Got to be circa 1million quid, and thats based on a wage bill that is massively higher than it was 2 years ago when we were breaking even. Of course some of that could be recouped by selling players.

I've been drumming the same point/s for the last 3 months, basically since the Chinese went awol. With KT at loggerheads with the council over the land and those issues not looking likely to be solved any time soon, a re-appointed main money man (Bower) who lives 1000's of miles away and is in his 70's and one can assume 'doesn't want to be here' (he's already flogged his shares once!), and a hefty loss on the horizon, the sooner the Football Club is under new ownership the better.

Of course any sale is likely to be very complicated due to all the various leases etc which in itself could cause a big problem. I guess time will tell how desperate KT is to cut his losses…hand the lot over and walk away for a £1 and he may find someone. Ask unreasonable sums of money and he could be here for some time! Personally, if I had 100 plus million in the bank Id offer him a quid and all the paperwork he's got and take it on. I wouldn't pay him any money for it, thats for sure!

I cannot disagree with anything you say here - but that perfect scenario requires that local consortium & I really have no confidence it exist - if it does and they truly want no profits for themselves one has to understand without land deals and other spin off benefits running a successful football club is a very expensive business and absolutely no disrespect, but a retired MP and a local estate agent (for example) are unlikely to have the capital to support such a venture that takes a football club anywhere near where we would like to aspire.

No guarantees but I think you either have a cozy non aspirational lower league club with the set up you suggest or you dance with the devil (the money men) and have a chance with the big time - unfortunately we seem to have got the worse of both worlds bar one season in the last 10 years plus.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2018, 15:42:19 pm »

You have to accept the only likely scenario where this could happen, is if once again an owner walks away. Everyone knew the score when KT come in. Surely they had to know what the attraction was. That's why I find it inconceivably dumb that a few people on here are shocked by his intentions, and also keep ramming down our throats that he is in it for the money. Don't they know that they are the only ones who are surprised by that. The issue isn't whether or not he makes money. It is whether or not he is willing to fund the club to grow and prosper as well. Now... None of you know the answer to that. If you say you do, you're talking b*llocks. Not one of us will know that until something is built, makes money, and we see where the subsequent profits go. . 

Equally I am amazed by the sudden onslaught of support for our council. Putting aside what Cardoza did with the money for one moment, let's look at the fight he had on his hands with the council for countless years. I lost count of the amount of times he demonstrated how willing they were to lie through their teeth. Tony Clark shamed them on several occasions as well. We even saw them stumbling for the truth and clearly being evasive and dishonest in public meetings. But all of a sudden, the council should be trusted on this hand picked point. Just because it suits an agenda that hasn't even been put to the test yet. 

I couldn't give a flying fcuk "if" KT said he has 4 million quid put by. It got him the lease. It would have been the exception rather than the rule, if he had not used some form of coercion to achieve his initial objective. The fact that the same people are shocked by this. Doesn't indicate additional acumen on their behalf. It displays a lack of insight into how big business operates.

Whoever ends up as the chairman/consortium that runs NTFC, they will get hammered on here. Because there is no such thing as a good working relationship to forge with our council. The council is limping into oblivion. Bolstered by hired guns, and drenched in ineptitude. Optimistically, you would have to say we are years away from seeing a functional council in this town. Let alone one that is willing to wipe the slate clean and forgive NTFC. I can't even find a friend or colleague (unless they support the cobblers) that thanks we deserve anything.   
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2018, 16:12:51 pm »

You have to accept the only likely scenario where this could happen, is if once again an owner walks away. Everyone knew the score when KT come in. Surely they had to know what the attraction was. That's why I find it inconceivably dumb that a few people on here are shocked by his intentions, and also keep ramming down our throats that he is in it for the money. Don't they know that they are the only ones who are surprised by that. The issue isn't whether or not he makes money. It is whether or not he is willing to fund the club to grow and prosper as well. Now... None of you know the answer to that. If you say you do, you're talking b*llocks. Not one of us will know that until something is built, makes money, and we see where the subsequent profits go. . 

Equally I am amazed by the sudden onslaught of support for our council. Putting aside what Cardoza did with the money for one moment, let's look at the fight he had on his hands with the council for countless years. I lost count of the amount of times he demonstrated how willing they were to lie through their teeth. Tony Clark shamed them on several occasions as well. We even saw them stumbling for the truth and clearly being evasive and dishonest in public meetings. But all of a sudden, the council should be trusted on this hand picked point. Just because it suits an agenda that hasn't even been put to the test yet. 

I couldn't give a flying fcuk "if" KT said he has 4 million quid put by. It got him the lease. It would have been the exception rather than the rule, if he had not used some form of coercion to achieve his initial objective. The fact that the same people are shocked by this. Doesn't indicate additional acumen on their behalf. It displays a lack of insight into how big business operates.

Whoever ends up as the chairman/consortium that runs NTFC, they will get hammered on here. Because there is no such thing as a good working relationship to forge with our council. The council is limping into oblivion. Bolstered by hired guns, and drenched in ineptitude. Optimistically, you would have to say we are years away from seeing a functional council in this town. Let alone one that is willing to wipe the slate clean and forgive NTFC. I can't even find a friend or colleague (unless they support the cobblers) that thanks we deserve anything.   
Why do you insist that we need the NBC to kick start progress in any way?
Why the ### should they?
 has there ever been such a needy weak club as us?
 right across the board fans trust boardroom..we are all guilty...
Embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2018, 16:27:56 pm »

Best posting on the board this month......................................(I know it is the 1st June!!)

Beds- Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2018, 16:43:04 pm »

I agree with Hamster the council have always been 'difficult' for the football club to deal with. This goes all the way back to proposed stadiums at Brackmills and other sites that were discussed in the 70's & 80's. We finally had Sixfields built but still play in a 1990's ground now because of various failed attempts to improve it by Cardoza & now Thomas. The only reason we were granted the £10 million was because of dodgy dealings - no other reason. I am fed up to the back teeth of it all and it goes all the way back to the late 70's when I started supporting the club and maybe even before that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2018, 19:21:08 pm »

Why do you insist that we need the NBC to kick start progress in any way?
Why the ### should they?
 has there ever been such a needy weak club as us?
 right across the board fans trust boardroom..we are all guilty...
Embarrassing.

No to be frank you are embarrassing and no friend of my football club - whatever the complex ins and outs of this argument it’s unlikely the council are completely right or wrong - as is the case with our current owners.

Your blinkered view shows you to have lost the ability to make any considered comment and you have zero credibility - but more importantly (as a man with absolutely no credible executable solution) your approach and attitude actually hastens a possible end to our football club.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: