The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:32:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 87189 times)
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2018, 20:54:30 pm »

Mate. 2015/16 pre season friendlies. That's finished that discussion.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2018, 20:54:39 pm »

It’s a pretty dangerous game drawing conclusions from pre-season games, can pull all sorts of examples from last 3 seasons alone that support both sides of the argument.

I reckon we need 3 as a minimum; Keeper, winger and striker. If we got those and they were of sufficient quality I reckon we could do well. Depending on who leaves of course.

I know last season was dross but I still thing the players were poorly used and poorly motivated.

Agree with lots of what you say and maybe we should not read too much into it - as I say its more performance

I agree totally JFH had lots to do with last seasons problems, however we are carry loads and loads of dross imo. There is 7 or 8 only that I would have kept and expected big turn over which is needed imo.

It may be needed yet still if lots leave - No Crooks tonight for example?

I would think VV and Turnbull will move on soon - Lets hope we can get rid of Kasim, (possibly Waters) etc etc
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2018, 20:55:22 pm »

Clutching a mega straws to find a positive - 1 game away from being two leagues below us!!!! - We were 2 games away from being 4 leagues above them ;0)

The fact is, in terms of performance we should be much, much better than these team - I know friendlies mean very little, - but come on ...

We need serious movement (ins and out) in my opion over the coming weeks if we want to be competing in this league.

No, if they had won their play-off game they would be in the National League (1 league below league 2).
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2018, 21:01:41 pm »

What positions do you think we should be strengthening Glasto (and which players do you think aren’t up to it?)

Keeper - Number 1 needed for certin

Left Back

Centre half maybe two (Turnbull will go I'm sure, Taylor maybe also?) - I'd have Zander back if we lost Taylor

We still have no width so definatly two wingers,

A Ball winning, hard tackling centre mid

A poacher / Natural goalscorer forward

So whats that??  7 or 8 new faces as a min - much is depedant on who goes and I realise we need to get rid of some to free up wages. Everyone know I think Hoskins if garbadge so he'd be another i'd get rid of, but he might just do at this level as a squad player .

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2018, 21:03:45 pm »

No, if they had won their play-off game they would be in the National League (1 league below league 2).

But thats what i'm saying - they didn't go up and had we stayed up )Clutching at straws similar to you) we would have then been 4 leagues above them - (or them below league 1)
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2018, 21:05:57 pm »

Left Back

Centre half maybe two (Turnbull will go I'm sure, Taylor maybe also?) - I'd have Zander back if we lost Taylor

So whats that??  7 or 8 new faces as a min - much is depedant on who goes and I realise we need to get rid of some to free up wages. Everyone know I think Hoskins if garbadge so he'd be another i'd get rid of, but he might just do at this level as a squad player .

Cloud cuckoo land.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #286 on: July 10, 2018, 21:07:52 pm »

We do seem to be a bit of a rudderless ship at the moment - there hasn't been a peep out of KT for weeks now both in terms of on and off the pitch. With this Spanish training camp coming up surely we're not going to take any players who aren't fully committed to the club - if we do we're in effect spending money on getting them fit for other clubs. I keep hoping that the reason for the silence is that something is brewing behind the scenes but it's not looking very likely at the moment.  
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2018, 21:11:16 pm »

Cloud cuckoo land.

It's what we need IMO to compete  - you can't go from being how poor we were last year - conceeding so many goals - having such a lack of creativity, total lack of a goal scorer tot hen having more or less exactly the same players (Yes different manager etc etc) but expect different results.

There were/are 10-12 players in our squad currently that were not good enough last year and are still not good enough now and that's despite us dropping a level!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2018, 21:14:09 pm »

We do seem to be a bit of a rudderless ship at the moment - there hasn't been a peep out of KT for weeks now both in terms of on and off the pitch. With this Spanish training camp coming up surely we're not going to take any players who aren't fully committed to the club - if we do we're in effect spending money on getting them fit for other clubs. I keep hoping that the reason for the silence is that something is brewing behind the scenes but it's not looking very likely at the moment.  

Would explain the lack of transfer activity too tho - Let's hope something is happening!
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2018, 21:15:05 pm »

Left Back

Keeper for sure.
Buchs, I think is good enough for League 2.
If turnbull goes we will need a backup left back and a backup centre back, if no one goes I think i defenders are sorted.
I think Powell has it in him to have a good season. He’s inconsistent but if he gets on a run and gets his confidence I reckon he could do well. He needs more attacking freedom than Jimmy gave him. Another winger for sure though.
I reckon our centre midfield is fine, McWilliams, Crooks, Foley, JJOT are all good players at that level, although Austin might use Crooks and JJOT further forward again.
Agree on a striker if we’re going 2 up front.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2018, 21:30:37 pm »

Keeper for sure.
Buchs, I think is good enough for League 2.
If turnbull goes we will need a backup left back and a backup centre back, if no one goes I think i defenders are sorted.
I think Powell has it in him to have a good season. He’s inconsistent but if he gets on a run and gets his confidence I reckon he could do well. He needs more attacking freedom than Jimmy gave him. Another winger for sure though.
I reckon our centre midfield is fine, McWilliams, Crooks, Foley, JJOT are all good players at that level, although Austin might use Crooks and JJOT further forward again.
Agree on a striker if we’re going 2 up front.

I woudn't disagree with a lot of that - Turnbull will go I'm sure of that

I'd love to see that hard tackling centre mid - breaking play up - we really missed that last year, just to free JJ O'T and Mcwilliams up to go forward. Even a Gutteridge type who will put their foot in and break play up
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2018, 04:32:36 am »

The hardest thing is not obtaining your wish list, the hardest thing is moving players on. Therefore I think 4 MIGHT move out and only 2 more signings! This still leaves the squad too big.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2018, 06:21:02 am »

if no one goes I think i defenders are sorted.

I reckon our centre midfield is fine, McWilliams, Crooks, Foley, JJOT are all good players at that level

defenders - at least 2 going

midfield - at least 2 of those mentioned going

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2018, 07:41:15 am »

You've been dropping hints a lot recently but I think the only name you've mentioned as "definitely" going is Turnbull. No reason not to name names, say where they are going etc if you are in the know, hardly betraying any inside trust is it?

Do you know why they're all still here if it is so definite they are off, would seem pointless taking them to Spain for example if we know they aren't going to be here. Similarly why would there new club want them to have their pre-season elsewhere?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2018, 07:53:35 am »

Do you like playing games? If you know something just say it.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2018, 08:21:58 am »

That’s a cheery thought - if we are thinking that we are lacking quality now just imagine what it would be like if ash Taylor and crooks were to leave. If what these itk doomsayers is true then we will be lucky to finish mid table next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2018, 08:40:48 am »

I think if these "4" players are leaving then they would have gone or not played for us.
Surely any potential club looking at Crooks or Taylor etc wouldn't want them playing for us with the chance of getting injured
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2018, 09:01:40 am »

I think if these "4" players are leaving then they would have gone or not played for us.
Surely any potential club looking at Crooks or Taylor etc wouldn't want them playing for us with the chance of getting injured

I know, it’s bonkers isn’t it?! If these players made it clear at the end of last season that they had no intention of playing in league 2 then why are they training with us and presumably are going to go to the training camp in Spain? It just doesn’t make sense.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2018, 09:07:37 am »

You've been dropping hints a lot recently but I think the only name you've mentioned as "definitely" going is Turnbull.

I also said i was his agent

anyone we signed in january wont be here, any of the big name pre-season signings wont be here

anyone who we can get cash for wont be here

you do the math

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:22 am »

I also said i was his agent

anyone we signed in january wont be here, any of the big name pre-season signings wont be here

anyone who we can get cash for wont be here

you do the math

Ok, I'm stupid so you're going to have to talk slowly to me! By big name pre-season signings I assume you mean post-Chinese? Therefore I've done the maths and from what you have said the below are DEFINITELY off, no debate:

Facey
Turnbull
Pierre
Taylor
Crooks
Bridge
van Veen

Is that right?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: