The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 04:52:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 88264 times)
Onetouch

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2018, 09:47:34 am »

I also said i was his agent

anyone we signed in january wont be here, any of the big name pre-season signings wont be here

anyone who we can get cash for wont be here

you do the math

This cant be true... We signed 9 players in January - Yes i know some were loan and went back.
Not everyone who we can get cash will be going.
Jeremy Casey twitter suggested that KVV will only go if the club recoup what they paid for him (or as close as) - Which club is going to do that? He has hardly played so I think he will stay and will have to prove he deserves a chance higher up the leagues.
Players will only move on IF and a big IF someone actually wants them.
If clubs wanted our "Better" players why are they still here?

Kasim has obviously gone AWOL, not in any training Pics or played any part in pre season games

KT said our budget is higher than when we won the league so if this is true why would we need to sell players.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:23 am »

Ok, I'm stupid so you're going to have to talk slowly to me! By big name pre-season signings I assume you mean post-Chinese? Therefore I've done the maths and from what you have said the below are DEFINITELY off, no debate:

Facey
Turnbull
Pierre
Taylor
Crooks
Bridge
van Veen

Is that right?

wasn't difficult was it....................probably add another couple on there if the right offer comes in.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2018, 09:56:19 am »

Jeremy Casey twitter suggested that KVV will only go if the club recoup what they paid for him (or as close as) - Which club is going to do that?

do you know how much we paid for him?
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2018, 10:04:55 am »

wasn't difficult was it....................probably add another couple on there if the right offer comes in.

Harder than you'd think  Grin

Interesting stuff, cheers. Pretty much invalidates most of the work that will be done in pre-season then! I would guess that none of these will go to Spain then, why would we pay for them to go a training camp if they're definitely off like you say.
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2018, 10:05:55 am »

do you know how much we paid for him?

How much we paid is not relevant - What someone will is and if it doesnt meet the clubs valuation or expectation it wont be accepted
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2018, 10:16:29 am »

Harder than you'd think  Grin

Interesting stuff, cheers. Pretty much invalidates most of the work that will be done in pre-season then! I would guess that none of these will go to Spain then, why would we pay for them to go a training camp if they're definitely off like you say.

dont think i ever said definitely?!

read into it what you will
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2018, 10:17:20 am »

How much we paid is not relevant - What someone will is and if it doesnt meet the clubs valuation or expectation it wont be accepted

if we have to recoup what was paid of course it is relevant.

if its £10k someone will pay it

if its £1m then they probably wont

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2018, 10:41:03 am »

Is that because the players were signed when we had extra money(chinese) which enabled us to get the better players in and now the club is working to a KT budget with the same quality of players before the alleged investment.
If so you’d think it’ll be back to the times of loans,free transfers and youth team cast offs that has served the club so well in the past!
I hope this is wrong because I was hoping now KT has the land he was after he would invest in the club.
Maybe it’s the opposite and he wants out now.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2018, 11:06:24 am »

I wouldn't be too fussed about Turnbull leaving, I really don't think he'd be a miss.

Same with Van Veen if the club get the money back they paid for him. He may 'come good' and I'm sure he's better than he's been able to show so far, but I'm also sure there must be other decent strikers that can do well at league 2 level that can be bought in with the money received for him.

Any of Crooks, Taylor, Facey and O'Toole would be a real shame to lose though. Can't see all 4 leaving, but wouldn't surprise me if some league 1 clubs took an interest as the window draws to a close.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2018, 11:09:03 am »

Pleased I bought a season ticket.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2018, 11:14:29 am »

dont think i ever said definitely?!

read into it what you will

Well I said...

from what you have said the below are DEFINITELY off, no debate

...and listed the players. You're response was

You didn't use the word definitely but you seemed to agree that was the case, no?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2018, 11:26:46 am »

defenders - at least 2 going

midfield - at least 2 of those mentioned going

Without any caveats, that is definitely two defenders and two midfielders 'at least'.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:33 am »

threeinabed is playing with us. There is no way all of those will leave, maybe a couple but not all.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2018, 11:33:55 am »

It’s pretty sad if these supposed ITK’s are just on a wind up - what weird lives they must live if that’s the way they get their kicks. I think it’s time that they just summon up the courage of their convictions and actually divulge something with a bit of substance rather than the prick teasing that’s going on at the moment - either that or just keep quiet. In the meantime I’m still hoping that we might get some sort of update from KT that might clear things up one way or the other.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:14 am »

Pleased I bought a season ticket.
Don't be too downbeat - As I've said all along we do need a massive clear out!! - So if it happens this way then it may not be the worst thing in the world. We want people who will play for the badge, give 110% and be better quality than what we have.

As I've said before through choice along I would only keep ...

Buchs
Ash Taylor
Facey
Pierre
O'Toole
McWilliams
Powell (As squad Player)
Hoskins (As squad player)
Young Joey

The rest IMHO can go jump as they are not good enough for league 1 and I couldn't care less seeing them play for us again.

I think Andy Williams will prove to be a decent addition.

Total facelift is required - Hopefully despite what Austin says we may just get it!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:51 am »

threeinabed is playing with us. There is no way all of those will leave, maybe a couple but not all.

And you know this how?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #316 on: July 11, 2018, 11:45:51 am »

He asked a simple question - you wafted over it, if you don’t know say so! It will only hurt yr credibility for a few hours!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #317 on: July 11, 2018, 11:52:32 am »

And you know this how?

Guess work, like a lot use on here.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2018, 12:13:08 pm »

Guess work, like a lot use on here.

I don't know how many will leave - a fair number I hope - Of those signed in Jan, Facey would be the only one I hope stays.

Austin himself has said tho, that some of the players signed have got Relegation release contracts so I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair number of those mentioned go (If as others have said someone wants them).
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2018, 12:19:51 pm »

All of our players are going. Every single one of them. Fact. You heard it here first.

Where and when however...
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: