The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:04:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 87160 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2018, 08:01:51 am »

The players in question told the manager during the course of the week leading up to the Oldham game and after we had been relegated .
It may be that other clubs haven’t come in for them or we require a fee . In some instances we need to recover a fee we paid originally . We also pay good wages and others will not match them . Who knows ?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2018, 08:35:01 am »

Who knows ?

i think you do
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2018, 09:01:17 am »

The players in question told the manager during the course of the week leading up to the Oldham game and after we had been relegated .
It may be that other clubs haven’t come in for them or we require a fee . In some instances we need to recover a fee we paid originally . We also pay good wages and others will not match them . Who knows ?

Did they say they 'won't play in League 2' or 'they don't want to play in League 2', because there is a huge difference?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2018, 09:55:40 am »

Did all 4 players walk up to you and Austin at the same as a group to say this? Or did each player walk up to you and Austin individually to state this?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2018, 10:02:25 am »

Did they say they 'won't play in League 2' or 'they don't want to play in League 2', because there is a huge difference?
Lol .... I am not party to every intimate discussion but those players didn’t want to drop a standard and will look elsewhere . Whether they get what they want is another matter of course.
I don’t know any more than anyone else about the current state of play because it’s the summer break and people are away . Plus I can’t be bothered to ask and am more interested in the World Cup and the cricket !
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 11:58:43 am »

He said van Veen was one of them, I think.

Reading between the lines probably the others are Turnbull, O'Donnell and Bunney?
KvV doesnt surprise me, Turnbull has previous as he did this when Cov went down, RoD  would be ashame and Bunney can go if he wants. Also Taylor would surprise me considering he's been talking about making up for last season.  However any player that doeabt have the gaul for a hars league 2 season and a promotion challange can sod off.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 12:10:47 pm »

Don't forget little Billy. Surely looking for a career elsewhere. Then there's Kazim playing the game [not football], thinking sooner or later, the Club will pay him off.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2018, 12:18:11 pm »

I thought everbrite said he had a Portuguese girlfriend?

He did back in 2015 - perhaps he or she has moved on. What I can remember she was communicative and pleasant person.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2018, 12:45:41 pm »

The only one I know who was definitely keen to move on Was Crookes. He's a good player, providing the club gets a decent fee (250k? plus sell on) then I reckon it would be everyones interests for him to go. If we can't get that amount then Id hope we'd gam ble by keeping him here, tell him to up his game etc…and if x is offered for him in January he's free to talk with said club.

The thing with Crookes is that he's gonna be on big bucks and he is fairly injury prone. The latter concerns me and could effect what level he ultimately peaks at. He picks up niggly injuries, which isn't a good sign for a young footballer. He then takes a few games each time to get into his stride. Reminds me of Josh Low in that regard!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2018, 13:29:29 pm »

providing the club gets a decent fee (250k? plus sell on)

dreamland
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2018, 14:28:14 pm »

dreamland

I dont think another club in div 3-4 would accept less than that for him, we probably would.
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2018, 14:42:20 pm »

Marvo’s said on twitter that crook’s girlfriend is pregnant and is refusing to move from their home in market harborough - obviously in this day and age commuting is not out of the question but with a little one on the way I’m guessing he’d be reluctant to move any great distance.  Perhaps the convenience of Northampton’s location will  work in our favour.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2018, 14:59:34 pm »

Port Vale just signed Ricky Miller so perhaps means they've pulled out of the mooted Waters deal...

As I've said before, hope Billy stays as he has the work ethic DA is looking for...and if played up front with Williams, will bang in a few
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2018, 16:28:15 pm »

Frankly other than O'Toole I don't think I'd bat an eyelid if any of the squad left.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2018, 17:45:38 pm »

both toilet - and cheap

sums up MK really

Lawson D’Ath is a decent creative midfielder. He should do well in a lower league club
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2018, 17:50:59 pm »

Who gives a ****? Literally none of those listed did well for us did they?

Ash Taylor aside, plus even he is replaceable. We got relegated. Most of them are ****!

Agree with this - The majority of the squad last year is garbage - We finished where we did for a very good reason - The facts are alongside one of the worst managers in our history these players are actually not very good!

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2018, 17:57:37 pm »

Agree with this - The majority of the squad last year is garbage - We finished where we did for a very good reason - The facts are alongside one of the worst managers in our history these players are actually not very good!

I sometimes wonder if 1994 never happened
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2018, 07:59:25 am »

With pre-season training starting tomorrow I would hope there will be some news soon about an assistant manager - it seems very odd that Austin didn’t have something lined up when he got the job.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2018, 09:20:04 am »

With pre-season training starting tomorrow I would hope there will be some news soon about an assistant manager - it seems very odd that Austin didn’t have something lined up when he got the job.

DA has already said that he has spoken to 3 or 4 people about the role. He wants to take his time and get the right one. He also said he's relaxed about the situation but I'm sure this week we'll probably know who it is.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2018, 11:04:50 am »

Every one of your posts continue to add fuel to my opinion that you don't have a clue about what you believe you do, keep up with the good work. I will be 100% certain in the not too distant future.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: