The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:20:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 87235 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #740 on: August 01, 2018, 13:09:13 pm »

I would sell Crooks over JJOT any day of the week if it was a straight choice. Like Drilling said, there are way too many question marks over Crooks not to say he isn't a good player but in IMO JJOT has a better all round game and for me you know what you are getting with him.

Like some have said a Midfield of McWill and JJOT would be a force in this league alone.

I’m with you here - I think Crooks could be a definite asset for us this season but the “outstanding”  tag that seems to be doing the rounds is still a bit premature for me - a bit more consistency and maturity to stay out of trouble is imho required - having said that the same could be said about JJOT so what do I know........
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #741 on: August 01, 2018, 13:22:06 pm »

gone

When's the announcement?
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 01, 2018, 13:24:50 pm »

Out of the current squad, would like to bin off Kasim, Bowditch & Coddington...great work from JED giving them all 2 year deals  Roll Eyes

If Crooks goes for a decent fee & we replace him, then so be it...

As long as young Shaun stays....MASSIVE potential!
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #743 on: August 01, 2018, 13:43:14 pm »

When's the announcement?

He’s hoping he’s ‘gone’ so he can say told u so..
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #744 on: August 01, 2018, 13:46:36 pm »

Out of the current squad, would like to bin off Kasim, Bowditch & Coddington...great work from JED giving them all 2 year deals  Roll Eyes

If Crooks goes for a decent fee & we replace him, then so be it...

As long as young Shaun stays....MASSIVE potential!

Echo!

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #745 on: August 01, 2018, 14:08:51 pm »

When's the announcement?

i made it about 12:59:02
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #746 on: August 01, 2018, 14:14:33 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 01, 2018, 14:20:26 pm »

I'm always worried when our manager comes out and speaks about players not leaving unless we receive an exceptional offer. It's like he's softening the blow for the fans: we're losing a player but at least we're getting good money for him. I think this kind of statement confirms an imminent departure that  fans won't be happy with. Hope DA can allay my fears later on.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2018, 14:28:46 pm »

I wonder if DA will provide any updates later at the open forum or if he remains cagey.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2018, 14:37:46 pm »

The manager surprise surprise doesn’t always tell it as it is .
It’s a difficult balancing act because he knows players are likely to go but has to be careful how that comes across .
Notice his reaction when asked what his team would be against Lincoln - I think he was genuinely stumped because he doesn’t know who will still be here .
He will be under pressure tonight if he is having to keep things quiet for whatever reason .
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2018, 14:41:26 pm »

Passing moulton college this morning I called in and caught the last 10mins of training. All players seemed to be their. For the whole time I watched Austin and crooks were involved in a conversation followed by a handshake. Crooks then went to shake the hands of all other coaches. Not saying he is leaving as this might be normal for him.
Would he really be training with us if he is about to sign for another club?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #751 on: August 01, 2018, 14:42:20 pm »

Disappointed if he’s gone, but if it’s too Sunderland for a decent fee you can’t really argue it.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #752 on: August 01, 2018, 14:46:55 pm »

Loving your work here  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 01, 2018, 14:51:36 pm »

Very good!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 01, 2018, 14:54:23 pm »

Would he really be training with us if he is about to sign for another club?
That’s what I thought but then again he wasn’t training when I saw him. That’s not to say he wasn’t for the previous 2 hours as was only watching 10 mins at the end. It was the shaking hands with Austin and the other coaches that caught my attention. It was only an observation and probably absolutely nothing in it
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #755 on: August 01, 2018, 14:56:11 pm »

Whatever happens I’m sure we all know that any transfer fees will be undisclosed so none of us will be any the wiser.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #756 on: August 01, 2018, 15:25:46 pm »

I like Crooks and would be happy if he stays, but if he goes, he goes. We're not talking Eden Hazard, we're not even talking Ricky Holmes quality.

I will say I'm pleasantly surprised that so few have left so far as when any team is relegated usually some of their 'better' players moving on in the summer is to be expected.

He's replaceable though and any fee and freeing up his wages will allow someone else to come in who could well prove to be better anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #757 on: August 01, 2018, 15:45:31 pm »

The manager surprise surprise doesn’t always tell it as it is .
It’s a difficult balancing act because he knows players are likely to go but has to be careful how that comes across .
Notice his reaction when asked what his team would be against Lincoln - I think he was genuinely stumped because he doesn’t know who will still be here .
He will be under pressure tonight if he is having to keep things quiet for whatever reason .

He wont .... he plays a straighter bat than Boycott  .... he will tell you what he wants you to know
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 01, 2018, 15:45:49 pm »

He's replaceable though and any fee and freeing up his wages will allow someone else to come in who could well prove to be better anyway.

I'm starting to lean this way too. Crooks out, proper winger in could make us look stronger overall.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #759 on: August 01, 2018, 16:00:42 pm »

I'm starting to lean this way too. Crooks out, proper winger in could make us look stronger overall.

I disagree, I personally think he's one of best players and think we would really miss him. A midfield partnership of Crooks and McWilliams against Barnet the other night looked very strong. Agree that we could do with a good winger but I don't see Austin using Crooks on the wing so wouldn't really be a like-for-like replacement. Lose Crooks and our midfield looks a lot weaker. Really hope he stays!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: