The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 10:41:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 88279 times)
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #820 on: August 03, 2018, 07:14:30 am »

I don’t mind who he tries wide unless it is Hoskins .
Hoskins has been played in that position by the last 4 managers and it hasn’t worked once that I remember.
I agree that we will be playing very narrow because there is no natural width from full back either , especially on the left . Yes, the right full backs are quicker but we will be playing 4 4 2 by the looks of it .
Once again , it depends on who stays at the club but if they all do remain , then I think Powell and Crooks will play wide .

Agreed Hoskins is ok off the bench as an impact sub but not as a starter.  is a real shame but if he worked on his finishing and final ball we would have some player on our hands.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2018, 07:42:31 am »

I don’t mind who he tries wide unless it is Hoskins .
Hoskins has been played in that position by the last 4 managers and it hasn’t worked once that I remember.
I agree that we will be playing very narrow because there is no natural width from full back either , especially on the left . Yes, the right full backs are quicker but we will be playing 4 4 2 by the looks of it .
Once again , it depends on who stays at the club but if they all do remain , then I think Powell and Crooks will play wide .

powell providing natural width ahead of the more solid DB and crooks tucking in from the right allowing facey/odokkin to "bomb on" - nice

i think 10 of the 11 pick themselves - it will be interesting to see who partners williams up front
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2018, 07:56:43 am »

powell providing natural width ahead of the more solid DB and crooks tucking in from the right allowing facey/odokkin to "bomb on" - nice

i think 10 of the 11 pick themselves - it will be interesting to see who partners williams up front

I think he'll go with Kevin VV.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 03, 2018, 08:03:46 am »

This was exactly my thinking looking at our squad but I noticed Austin didn't mention Crooks when he listed the players who could play wide the other night. Let's see what he has up his sleeve his week.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 03, 2018, 08:05:08 am »

Quite possible. I thought he was signing for someone with a contract offer we couldn't match.

Re: Moloney, I wonder if his agent was playing a bit of a game and hyped up another offer that wasn't yet concrete when negotiating with the club, only for the club to walk away. Certainly odd if he hasn't got fixed up anywhere yet.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 03, 2018, 08:08:12 am »

Re: Moloney, I wonder if his agent was playing a bit of a game and hyped up another offer that wasn't yet concrete when negotiating with the club, only for the club to walk away. Certainly odd if he hasn't got fixed up anywhere yet.

retired
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 03, 2018, 08:10:55 am »

retired

Another injury? Shame if it is true, I liked BM
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 03, 2018, 08:17:48 am »

Agreed Hoskins is ok off the bench as an impact sub but not as a starter.  is a real shame but if he worked on his finishing and final ball we would have some player on our hands.

I agree he's better on the bench, but disagree he's an impact player. Not sure what impact he could possibly offer?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #828 on: August 03, 2018, 08:26:54 am »

100% correct!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 03, 2018, 08:33:13 am »

I agree he's better on the bench, but disagree he's an impact player. Not sure what impact he could possibly offer?

Pace, he offers lots of pace, which as an impact sub after 70 mins is a great asset to have. Trouble is as others have said his final ball and finishing is more often than not dire. And he often runs with tge ball head down with no concept or idea of what is going on around him. If he sorted those issues we would have a real player, but after what 3 years here he has shown little or no improvement in these areas.
Report Spam   Logged
runningcobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #830 on: August 03, 2018, 08:38:43 am »

It'll be interesting to see who starts up front tomorrow, DA used Hoskins as a striker in the last few games last season and did pretty well. We probably didn't have many other options but he definitely proved he should be used up front and not on the wing.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:53 am »

It'll be interesting to see who starts up front tomorrow, DA used Hoskins as a striker in the last few games last season and did pretty well. We probably didn't have many other options but he definitely proved he should be used up front and not on the wing.

Hi Sam, I think Billy Waters is better than you, you do try hard though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #832 on: August 03, 2018, 11:23:28 am »

Hoskins is definitely an asset to us . He has to play behind the front man though .
He has played well there on many occasions but never wide .
His movement is actually very good in the centre .
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #833 on: August 03, 2018, 12:11:03 pm »

The issue with Hoskins is nobody seems to know what his best position is.

Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #834 on: August 03, 2018, 12:25:37 pm »

He rarely chips in with goals or assists from out wide. His best position has to be upfront where he can utilise his pace ALA Bury away, Plymouth at home at the end of last season. Needs to work on the timing of his runs and finishing though.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 03, 2018, 12:34:57 pm »

Agree his best position is behind the front man, but finishing and final ball is consistently atrocious. As my Grandad would say he lacks a football brain and often makes the wrong choices.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 03, 2018, 12:37:26 pm »

He rarely chips in with goals or assists from out wide. His best position has to be upfront where he can utilise his pace ALA Bury away, Plymouth at home at the end of last season. Needs to work on the timing of his runs and finishing though.

so his best position is up front even though he doesnt make the right runs and cant finish!?
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #837 on: August 03, 2018, 13:40:25 pm »

so his best position is up front even though he doesnt make the right runs and cant finish!?

As odd as that sounds yes. It was clear that in that small sample size we saw in the last few games he was far more dangerous as a striker. He needs to develop those parts of his game because he has never really had a run up front with us (occasionally played there title winning side). We have seen over the last 2 years that he is ineffective out wide
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #838 on: August 03, 2018, 14:19:16 pm »

Not sure of the figures, but isnt it something like 160 odd games and less than 20 goals, not very good for somebody to be considered as a forward. He best place i feel is on the bench at best.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #839 on: August 03, 2018, 14:35:33 pm »

He's just not very good. I'd love him to have a successful season but can't see it myself. Certainly am hoping that he's worked on his finishing over the summer.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: