The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 11:17:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 88281 times)
EssTeeFree

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #840 on: August 03, 2018, 14:38:57 pm »

Not sure of the figures, but isnt it something like 160 odd games and less than 20 goals, not very good for somebody to be considered as a forward. He best place i feel is on the bench at best.

Probably unfair to judge him by goal scoring stats when he's never really been given a run of games up front. Over half of those 160+ have been out wide I would think.

I've no strong feelings either way about Hoskins but I do think his pace and work rate can be useful. I think he is lost out wide, should be played up front or of another striker only if he's going to play. Maybe with a run of games up front his finishing may improve.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 03, 2018, 14:49:55 pm »

Everyone has a clean slate under Austin, so let's enjoy some front foot football, rather than the dross served up under RP, JED & JFH

Players will hopefully flourish with their shackles taken off by DA

Win some/lose some playing attacking entertaining football is all I want to see...

Hopefully, Andy Todd will have a big impact on our defensive until this season too

I'm really looking forward to the season, whole vibe seems so much more united & professional

UTC!!!

Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 03, 2018, 18:25:29 pm »

Everyone has a clean slate under Austin, so let's enjoy some front foot football, rather than the dross served up under RP, JED & JFH

Players will hopefully flourish with their shackles taken off by DA

Win some/lose some playing attacking entertaining football is all I want to see...

Hopefully, Andy Todd will have a big impact on our defensive until this season too

I'm really looking forward to the season, whole vibe seems so much more united & professional

UTC!!!

[/quote
What he said
Report Spam   Logged
Aitobs

View Profile
500 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #843 on: August 03, 2018, 19:26:16 pm »

Not sure of the figures, but isnt it something like 160 odd games and less than 20 goals, not very good for somebody to be considered as a forward. He best place i feel is on the bench at best.

Hoskins has 13 goals in 102 appearances for us. Not great for an attacking player.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #844 on: August 03, 2018, 21:33:36 pm »

The update is ...... no one has left . Confirmed .
We are holding on .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #845 on: August 03, 2018, 21:43:52 pm »

I mean, I think we knew that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #846 on: August 03, 2018, 22:50:19 pm »

Rumour - McWilliams to Norwich & Crooks to Sunderland
Rumour - They are now staying and the source has left the building. This is all supposedly true unless threeinabed says otherwise
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 03, 2018, 22:57:54 pm »

Pace, he offers lots of pace

Don't agree with that at all. Can't remember him ever beating his man, or breaking away from a pursuing defender with a burst of pace.

He's got a lot of energy though, and does a lot of pressing. Type of player that's useful for tough away fixtures, but doesn't offer any real attacking threat really.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #848 on: August 03, 2018, 23:09:16 pm »

I mean, I think we knew that.
We are not out of the woods yet but so far so good .
The offers are not high enough ....
fair play to KT on this
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #849 on: August 03, 2018, 23:12:06 pm »

Don't agree with that at all. Can't remember him ever beating his man, or breaking away from a pursuing defender with a burst of pace.

He's got a lot of energy though, and does a lot of pressing. Type of player that's useful for tough away fixtures, but doesn't offer any real attacking threat really.

I take it you r a regular supporter; I can remember Hoskins leaving his man for dead quite a few times last season. Shrewsbury, Bury and Bradford(a) for a start. Would have thought his main strength was his pace!
It’s his final pass which lets him down!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2487

« Reply #850 on: August 04, 2018, 00:03:05 am »

I take it you r a regular supporter; I can remember Hoskins leaving his man for dead quite a few times last season. Shrewsbury, Bury and Bradford(a) for a start. Would have thought his main strength was his pace!

Agree with Evers.

His pace is his main asset....If only he could sort that finishing and killer pass out.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #851 on: August 04, 2018, 05:51:16 am »

New member here, so hello to all.

Seems to me that the less thinking time Hoskins has, the more effective the end product is.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #852 on: August 04, 2018, 06:48:30 am »

Agree with nevers 😲 it's his final ball/ shot which hits the corner flag / run head down into a blind alley that let's him down time and time again
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 04, 2018, 08:25:52 am »

I've always thought this. Looks faster because he's small and absolutely full of energy. Never outpaces a fullback though.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2018, 08:40:29 am »

..............Never outpaces a fullback though.
?
Thought you went to most games?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 04, 2018, 08:49:30 am »

Always remember Hoskins performance (prior to his long term injury) in the otherwise woeful display v Scum away when we lost 3-0 (When Byrom was hung out to dry by RP)

Hoskins display that evening was immense.....by far the best player on the pitch playing just behind the striker(s) (can't remember if we had any that night!)

If he can replicate anywhere near that form, then he'll be a real asset (remember, this is the first proper pre season he's had since that injury)

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2018, 08:50:06 am »

?
Thought you went to most games?

I do, hence why I'm getting more miserable as each year passes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2018, 09:05:51 am »

You can't fault Hoskins for effort - he epitomized the new mood under Austin and the performance against Plymouth stands out. That type of battle he shows will get him a long way and I don't think you can solely look at his goal scoring stats for reasons to include him. Big John Gayle was never prolific (and obviously a completely different player!) but the amount of goals he made for others who found space because of his presence was unquestionable.

Hoskins brings in others in the completely opposite way and I'm convinced he has goals in him but his work for the team shouldn't be overlooked.

Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2018, 11:23:18 am »

Always remember Hoskins performance (prior to his long term injury) in the otherwise woeful display v Scum away when we lost 3-0 (When Byrom was hung out to dry by RP)

Hoskins display that evening was immense.....by far the best player on the pitch playing just behind the striker(s) (can't remember if we had any that night!)

If he can replicate anywhere near that form, then he'll be a real asset (remember, this is the first proper pre season he's had since that injury)

Agreed. He stood out that night although to be fair all his team mates stood out for different reasons.
He scored 8 goals in the championship season.
Victim of not quite being a centre forward, winger or a midfielder.
That said a succession of managers appear to rate him.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2018, 12:02:24 pm »

Hoskins had a great run when he had a free role just behind the front man. He draws fouls and I imagine defenders don't like playing against him when he's running towards goal. He just doesn't do it enough, especially when he's out wide
He also did well as a lone striker at the end of last season. A bit of confidence after a couple of pre season goals could be what he needed and I think he could be a key player this season. I hope be starts today up top with Williams
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: