The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 04:08:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 88239 times)
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #940 on: August 06, 2018, 21:38:57 pm »

"I've heard he's on x a week". Who from, people on here?! The chairman, the ceo, the player himself??? At least provide some sort of evidence to back up these claims about wages. Is this before or after tax??? I find it hard to believe Crooks is on 4k a week, which amounts to £192000 a year.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3228

« Reply #941 on: August 06, 2018, 21:41:12 pm »

"I've heard he's on x a week". Who from, people on here?! The chairman, the ceo, the player himself??? At least provide some sort of evidence to back up these claims about wages. Is this before or after tax??? I find it hard to believe Crooks is on 4k a week, which amounts to £192000 a year.
Believe
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 06, 2018, 21:44:30 pm »

KVV is on more than this. Bonkers but true.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #943 on: August 06, 2018, 21:52:23 pm »

Along with say Lee Chung Yong from Palace, he’s not got a club either (can you tell I’m reading the unattached list)

Think thats stretching it. Someone like Sidwell or Karl Henry (if hes still free) would be great but not sure they are obtainable.
Do you have a link to the list?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #944 on: August 06, 2018, 22:00:48 pm »

Another one claiming he knows the contents of vV wage pkt.Its time the Admin boys insisted that rumours or facts are backed  by a source or better still a link. Our band of ITK's is growing daily - could make a team soon out of them!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 06, 2018, 22:08:37 pm »

When you look back on it , Mcgugan was probably the best of the short term signings .
I am sure there may have been other downsides associated with him but he wasn’t that bad for us .
There must be a reason why he still doesn’t have a club though .

Thought his goal against Soton U23 was a thumper one of the best I have seen recently.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #946 on: August 06, 2018, 23:49:40 pm »

So you know this for a fact, and yet you have no clue as to which 'player movement' rumors have any basis in fact? Righty ho! Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #947 on: August 07, 2018, 06:15:32 am »

You had better believe .
Why else do you think a player leaves Rangers to play for Northampton Town ?
It’s when a player like Turnbull commands extortionate figures you start to wonder what is going on .
What do you think we have paid JFH to leave ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #948 on: August 07, 2018, 06:19:09 am »

BBC did a story a few years ago now that said the highest earners in L2 will be on £5000 a week so its possible he's on that much. The average was around £2000 a week
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 07, 2018, 06:42:02 am »

BBC did a story a few years ago now that said the highest earners in L2 will be on £5000 a week so its possible he's on that much. The average was around £2000 a week

yep - and we weren't in league 2 when we signed them!!

completely believable - cant believe some people always fall for the "i believe in what the managers vision for the club is".....................obviously they cant say its all about the money, but a lot of the time, it is.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 07, 2018, 06:42:24 am »

that said - should be off the payroll this week anyway
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #951 on: August 07, 2018, 07:03:52 am »

that said - should be off the payroll this week anyway

Which day is "the day" this time?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 07, 2018, 07:36:23 am »

Which day is "the day" this time?  Roll Eyes

i'm thinking tomorrow.............
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #953 on: August 07, 2018, 07:38:47 am »

yep - and we weren't in league 2 when we signed them!!

completely believable - cant believe some people always fall for the "i believe in what the managers vision for the club is".....................obviously they cant say its all about the money, but a lot of the time, it is.

No, but KT did say there was a clause in the contract that meant a pay reduction if we got relegated.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #954 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:54 am »

i'm thinking tomorrow.............
And how many are leaving? Still guaranteed 5?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 07, 2018, 08:12:44 am »

And how many are leaving? Still guaranteed 5?

wait and see.............

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 07, 2018, 08:26:26 am »

wait and see.............

You appear to be losing the plot - none of your predictions have materialised. It’s unlikely 5 will leave by Thursday. If you believe HTC are a reliable source........... Roll Eyes
Even HTC only account for 2?
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #957 on: August 07, 2018, 08:41:18 am »

The wage bill was well over 3 million quid pa towards the end of last season.

You don't need to be in the know. Research average wages, its really not hard! We had 30 players plus last season, so the average would have been 100k pa. Or 2 grand a week.

Take away the ones that would be on peanuts or the ones pre-Chinese that would be on decent money but not 'silly money'…you've then got a handful of players who would have ramped up the total bill.

Again, its not hard to work out which players they are.

No one is being specific about numbers, but its gonna be a bloody lot of money the likes of KVV and Crooks are on! And were not talking £2500 a week…it will probably be a lot more than that!

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 07, 2018, 08:57:31 am »

You appear to be losing the plot - none of your predictions have materialised. It’s unlikely 5 will leave by Thursday. If you believe HTC are a reliable source........... Roll Eyes
Even HTC only account for 2?

not sure i am losing the plot - always keep your head whilst others around you are losing theirs.

3 probably out - possibly 3 in.

not including coddo and kasim who are officially a waste of space / wages
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 07, 2018, 09:02:52 am »

The wage bill was well over 3 million quid pa towards the end of last season.

You don't need to be in the know. Research average wages, its really not hard! We had 30 players plus last season, so the average would have been 100k pa. Or 2 grand a week.

Take away the ones that would be on peanuts or the ones pre-Chinese that would be on decent money but not 'silly money'…you've then got a handful of players who would have ramped up the total bill.

Again, its not hard to work out which players they are.

No one is being specific about numbers, but its gonna be a bloody lot of money the likes of KVV and Crooks are on! And were not talking £2500 a week…it will probably be a lot more than that!

Following your convincing argument  Roll Eyes  - the two players in question wont leave unless a well off club matches/impoves on wages and meets our transfer fees. That will take a high end Championship club to meet those demands.There are not too many clubs around able to meet the current asking price.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: