The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 09:30:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ins and Outs - Summer 2018

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ins and Outs - Summer 2018  (Read 88320 times)
guest3230

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #960 on: August 07, 2018, 09:04:11 am »

5 LEAVING ITS ALL DOOM AND GLOOM.

NONSENSE
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #961 on: August 07, 2018, 09:11:26 am »

5 LEAVING ITS ALL DOOM AND GLOOM.

NONSENSE

is it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #962 on: August 07, 2018, 09:12:58 am »

Think thats stretching it. Someone like Sidwell or Karl Henry (if hes still free) would be great but not sure they are obtainable.
Do you have a link to the list?
I was looking at the Sky one but theres another one below thats probably better. Watch it though, Ive completely lost the plot, Ive got us signing Carzorla from Arsenal Glen Johnson from Stoke the lot.

http://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11662/11375877/out-of-contract-premier-league-players-who-could-leave-for-free-this-summer

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/vertragslosespieler
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #963 on: August 07, 2018, 09:16:37 am »

is it?

YES
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #964 on: August 07, 2018, 09:20:16 am »

It would be a shame if Crooks was to go as I think he would boss this division, but if he wants out then let him go I think we will manage without him. As for Van Venn, he hasn't really featured since he came here due to injuries etc so he wont be missed anyway. I do think he could do well for us in this league, but then we still have Morais to come in and I think Williams will come good.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #965 on: August 07, 2018, 09:54:05 am »

Following your convincing argument  Roll Eyes  - the two players in question wont leave unless a well off club matches/impoves on wages and meets our transfer fees. That will take a high end Championship club to meet those demands.There are not too many clubs around able to meet the current asking price.

The thing is Evers, Im not professing to any inside knowledge. Im not trying to present an argument either! This is just my logical take on it. For a number of reasons.

With VV, if he remains here for the season it will cost us a small fortune in wages. If he leaves, then DA could bring in 2 players and still have considerably change from it. Two players who could fill in the glaring holes we have in wide positions. Crooks leaving would considerably cut down the projected losses if we were to get a decent fee for him.

I agree with you that if we can't get a decent fee, then we'd be better off keeping him. With regards to KVV, Id say its just a case of getting him off of the wage bill and any fee we get is a bonus! Thats my take.

We shall see if my own 'logical assessment' is correct or not any time soon. I've maintained it since relegation was confirmed. I will be delighted to be proven wrong if its the case, this is a forum and all Im doing is speculating and offering my take on things. I have zero inside knowledge on the matter!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 07, 2018, 10:07:44 am »

No one is being specific about numbers, but its gonna be a bloody lot of money the likes of KVV and Crooks are on! And were not talking £2500 a week…it will probably be a lot more than that!

The player wage bill at Sc*nthorpe was 2.7m for the season. I doubt KvV was the clubs highest earner... And he was out of contract in a few months time when we signed him. From this information, (and the relegation wage reduction), I'd estimate he's on approx £3k weekly with various bonuses added in.

Maybe he has an appearance bonus which kept him on the bench last Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2090

« Reply #967 on: August 07, 2018, 10:12:48 am »

Following your convincing argument  Roll Eyes  - the two players in question wont leave unless a well off club matches/impoves on wages and meets our transfer fees. That will take a high end Championship club to meet those demands.There are not too many clubs around able to meet the current asking price.

by my maths 3 in, would equate to 7 in total, only 2 shy of the 9 JFH brought in and the loan market hasn't closed yet.  Didn't Austin suggest that was way to much movement in numbers for one window?
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #968 on: August 07, 2018, 10:14:31 am »

by my maths 3 in, would equate to 7 in total, only 2 shy of the 9 JFH brought in and the loan market hasn't closed yet.  Didn't Austin suggest that was way to much movement in numbers for one window?

So if players leave this week we shouldn't replace them?
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #969 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:27 am »

Rumour or realty....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/06/por-chase-on-for-northamptons-van-veen/
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #970 on: August 07, 2018, 10:39:07 am »

Are we getting an announcement video for his departure too?

Alex Nichols started in Crewe’s demolition of Morecambe on opening today. Do with someone with his instincts.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 07, 2018, 10:41:20 am »

Alex Nichols started in Crewe’s demolition of Morecambe on opening today. Do with someone with his instincts.

I think the hope is that Morais is that man
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #972 on: August 07, 2018, 10:44:26 am »

The point has been made on here many times that there has been considerable interest in a number of our players .
Some like Crooks , Taylor and McWilliams we don’t want to sell and others the club would like to move on.
The reason deals have stalled is because of the fee we are demanding or the wages we are paying .
Some players are stuck here because they are sitting on big salaries that others won’t meet .
There is inside information on here but that information changes all the time
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #973 on: August 07, 2018, 10:44:45 am »

Did you see the finish by Marquis on Saturday - he looks a bit useful 😉
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #974 on: August 07, 2018, 10:59:17 am »

Why not name the clubs interested? Because they're scrambling around message boards like this looking for rumours rather than posting actual news stories. I'm sure if somebody on here had named, say, Charlton as an interested club, that would be reports in that article.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #975 on: August 07, 2018, 11:27:41 am »

The point has been made on here many times that there has been considerable interest in a number of our players .
Some like Crooks , Taylor and McWilliams we don’t want to sell and others the club would like to move on.
The reason deals have stalled is because of the fee we are demanding or the wages we are paying .
Some players are stuck here because they are sitting on big salaries that others won’t meet .
There is inside information on here but that information changes all the time

All of that has been said numerous times by both the chairman and the manager. Its not inside information, its public information
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 07, 2018, 11:27:56 am »

Why not name the clubs interested? Because they're scrambling around message boards like this looking for rumours rather than posting actual news stories. I'm sure if somebody on here had named, say, Charlton as an interested club, that would be reports in that article.

Agents will also feed these sort of websites stories too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3230

« Reply #977 on: August 07, 2018, 11:42:19 am »

Saying some players might leave is not inside information.

Report Spam   Logged
Humanpunk

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 07, 2018, 11:44:22 am »

how about Grimes back on loan
Report Spam   Logged
Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 07, 2018, 11:49:54 am »

how about Grimes back on loan
Came off the bench for Swansea Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: