The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:48:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The PTS Academy Stadium

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The PTS Academy Stadium  (Read 4573 times)
guest2487

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 15:47:05 pm »

Strange timing. Why would you announce such a deal just after saying the club might be put up for sale? What if new owners aren't happy with the length and terms of the deal?

Agreed. 5 year deal is quite long!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 15:54:51 pm »

Anyone would think the owners and trying to recoup some funds before selling. Wonder if it’s a lump sum or annual income? Either way we missed a trick with Santander and ‘San Sixfields’.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 16:50:52 pm »

A lot of people (not on here as much) getting their knickers in a twist over this

I say...

1. Get over it, it's 2018 and football is not what it was.
2. This happens all over the place, shocked it wasn't done a few years ago
3. Most people will call it Sixfields for a few years until it settles in, wouldn't worry. It's extra money.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 16:58:55 pm »

Just a unconditional Well done NTFC from me....

Cool
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 17:22:01 pm »

Cool
Well said me old mate, how these miserable mares can moan at the naming of the PMT stadium is beyond me.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 17:26:04 pm »

Cool
Wow, how ironic PTS are a GOVERNMENT funded organisation, so the tax payers are once again putting their hand in their pockets for NTFC, seriously you can't make this sh1t up.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2539

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 18:15:06 pm »

Did you moan about the University of Northampton paying government cash to NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 18:40:53 pm »

Excellent  idea. Well done NTFC, should have been done years ago.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2018, 19:19:37 pm »

Did you moan about the University of Northampton paying government cash to NTFC?
No because very little is from the public purse about 18% comes from government the rest is from fees and research.
You really do live up to you name on here don't you  Grin Grin Grin  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2018, 20:48:43 pm »

No because very little is from the public purse about 18% comes from government the rest is from fees and research.
You really do live up to you name on here don't you  Grin Grin Grin  Cool

You might want to read up on the apprenticeship levy, and see how much of it is tax payers money.. The government might hold the purse strings on a lot of it. But it is a million miles away from public money.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 20:50:04 pm »

Isn't PTS the Peterborough Terror Squad?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 06:15:10 am »

You might want to read up on the apprenticeship levy, and see how much of it is tax payers money.. The government might hold the purse strings on a lot of it. But it is a million miles away from public money.
What's that go to do with the fact that it's only gets 18% government spending?
BTW I think apprenticeships are a very good idea championed by our current government I might add.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 06:15:36 am »

It may have been better to get a large organisation or one of those betting companies to have complete ground naming rights for the next 10 years for the cost of fitting out the boxes to an acceptable standard and further regenerate cash year on year. £1.5m would easily do it.
That must be too easy a solution?
Report Spam   Logged
oliconad

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 06:34:41 am »

Strange timing. Why would you announce such a deal just after saying the club might be put up for sale? What if new owners aren't happy with the length and terms of the deal?

Some businesses will never sell. A business that has no potential for a new buyer or that is entangled in problems is an unsellable business that will likely simply need to be closed down if it cannot be fixed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 07:24:34 am »

It may have been better to get a large organisation or one of those betting companies to have complete ground naming rights for the next 10 years for the cost of fitting out the boxes to an acceptable standard and further regenerate cash year on year. £1.5m would easily do it.
That must be too easy a solution?

Definitely would have been better Walter  Wink..........
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 07:58:32 am »

It will always be known as Sixfields so who really cares.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 09:26:14 am »

What's that go to do with the fact that it's only gets 18% government spending?
BTW I think apprenticeships are a very good idea championed by our current government I might add.
I think he meant PTS. The funding they receive for the apprenticeships from the government isn't actually tax payers money. Its money that big businesses with a total wage bill over £3m (I think) pay into and is then issued by the government.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 11:38:02 am »

Agreed, and even more important with the significant skill shortage likely to manifest itself post Brexit - Artisans with a work ethic,  rather than those with a degree in Babylonian History or the like, are what this country will need. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3040

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 11:53:45 am »

Always have to get one lefty still whinging about the fact 17.5 million people voted to leave the eu, get over it you big baby and stops throwing you're toys out the pram. This is a football forum.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2018, 12:17:10 pm »

Always have to get one lefty still whinging about the fact 17.5 million people voted to leave the eu, get over it you big baby and stops throwing you're toys out the pram. This is a football forum.

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: