The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:34:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Checkatrade Trophy Draw 2018/19

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Checkatrade Trophy Draw 2018/19  (Read 2446 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: July 17, 2018, 13:34:27 pm »

For anyone interested (I know...most of you won't be!!) the final draw for next seasons Checkatrade Trophy takes place tomorrow.

We have already been pre-drawn in a group (F) which contains Wycombe Wanderers (again!) and Oxford United. Tomorrows draw is to see which of the invited U21 teams completes the group.

There are 8 Southern Groups, and the invited teams that we could face are Brighton, Chelsea, Fulham, Southampton, Swansea, Tottenham, West Ham and, new for this year, Arsenal.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 15:05:37 pm »

I'll be boycotting the heck out of this again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 15:53:33 pm »

I don't think there will be too many matches to boycott.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 21:29:47 pm »

Ditto!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 07:54:40 am »

In the wise words of Dr Cox; "I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together the checkatrade trophy. Lemme see, uhh... Low-carb diets. Michael Moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.', the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much! The Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host! Everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything - eve - everything that exists - past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions. Oh! And Hugh Jackman."
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:09:50 am »

In the wise words of Dr Cox; "I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together the checkatrade trophy. Lemme see, uhh... Low-carb diets. Michael Moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.', the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much! The Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host! Everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything - eve - everything that exists - past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions. Oh! And Hugh Jackman."

I like this...a lot
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 10:41:17 am »

The only positive I can see is we might have quite a few youth team players we can give some game time too.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 11:02:35 am »

Amazing, I too will waste my time saying I won't be wasting my time on the Checkatrade Trophy.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 13:15:17 pm »

I'll be going to all the games if they cut ticket prices like last season.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 14:01:22 pm »

I won’t do anything that is there to support premier clubs at the expense of lower division clubs .
This format should have been changed last year but wasn’t because it gives premier youngsters game time . I couldn’t care less .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 14:31:14 pm »

I'll be going to all the games if they cut ticket prices like last season.

Given that opinions are sacrosanct on here the last post on here displays the right attitude. Why waste your time and readers to moan about the Checkatrade trophy. As Admin said last year what’s the point of coming on the forum to moan about the Trophy; if people want to go and watch the games let them.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 14:40:15 pm »

Just treat them like reserve games and play the fringe/youth/coming back from injury players, to give them game time and an opportunity to impress...

Oh, and stick Kasim in the side just for comedy value #nickingaliving
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 15:41:45 pm »

Just treat them like reserve games and play the fringe/youth/coming back from injury players, to give them game time and an opportunity to impress...

Oh, and stick Kasim in the side just for comedy value #nickingaliving

I suppose the limits are still in place where we would have to play a large percentage of the squad who were named for the preceding league game.

Just out of interest, we have Fulham U21's in our group.

How many will boycott that game but would have no qualms about going to see us play Manchester United U23's in a pre-season friendly?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 16:30:58 pm »

I would imagine fans will flock to see Man Utd U23s, fly to Spain to watch the Cobblers play Hull City U23s.But will make a firm stand about watching the Cobblers play in a competitive game against Fulham U21s.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 16:37:05 pm »

Given the lack of interest in this competition and the expense of putting on an evening game, I'd move this to a 1pm Wednesday afternoon kickoff.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 18:38:03 pm »

I'd have gone if it was at Craven Cottage.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 19:24:47 pm »

How many will boycott that game but would have no qualms about going to see us play Manchester United U23's in a pre-season friendly?

I'll be at the Man Utd XI game, a pre-season friendly. One that the club chase the date, the opposition, who they play etc. A game that is part of our preparation for the coming season, nothing more and nothing less.

I will not be attending a competitive fixture against Premier League youngsters that we are forced to play, forced to name a percentage of our regular starting line up and is of no real benefit to the club because many people (me included) share the belief that this tournament is now purely aimed at giving game time to a selection of Premier League youth team players and will not turn up.

No problem with anybody that chooses to, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I hope we are able to use the games to blood some of our young talent. What are the rules regarding percentage of the previous games starting eleven, have they changed?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 21:26:37 pm »

I'll be at the Man Utd XI game, a pre-season friendly. One that the club chase the date, the opposition, who they play etc. A game that is part of our preparation for the coming season, nothing more and nothing less.

I will not be attending a competitive fixture against Premier League youngsters that we are forced to play, forced to name a percentage of our regular starting line up and is of no real benefit to the club because many people (me included) share the belief that this tournament is now purely aimed at giving game time to a selection of Premier League youth team players and will not turn up.

No problem with anybody that chooses to, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I hope we are able to use the games to blood some of our young talent. What are the rules regarding percentage of the previous games starting eleven, have they changed?
The very fact that a premier club can play a team of youngsters and the opposition are not permitted Is enough in itself to show lower league clubs are being mugged off .
I think clubs should just let players stroll around and let them wear headphones and take iPhones onto the pitch .
It’s a total waste of time .
If it was a knockout between lower division clubs only I would support it
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 21:50:35 pm »

The sooner we get a U21 vs U21 final in this thing the better.

There is place for a league trophy... just not one which is a potential back door to endorsing PL B-teams.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 06:18:22 am »

Average number of games started by English players under 21 for B teams in the Checkatrade Trophy last season.

Won't even touch the sides in terms of England youth development if anyone believes that tenuous benefit anyway.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: