The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:30:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lincoln game

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lincoln game  (Read 15841 times)
guest2487

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 18:36:54 pm »

Like it or not I reckon van Veen will start. If Austen wants him to stay he'll play him, if he wants him to go he's not going to leave a likely transfer target sitting on the bench for the only game the window is still open.

He'll be decent if he plays.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 20:04:30 pm »

Like it or not I reckon van Veen will start. If Austen wants him to stay he'll play him, if he wants him to go he's not going to leave a likely transfer target sitting on the bench for the only game the window is still open.
Austen? I think we need Andy William Collins up front #prideandprejduice
Report Spam   Logged
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 20:25:37 pm »

A rather tired, predictable and frankly, lazy insult aimed at Lincoln City's style of play, based on the fact that some of their players are tall!
You haven't seen them at all - be honest! Just think how you'd feel if such baseless assumptions were made regarding the Cobblers a couple of seasons back!

Well put ...we have some midgets in McCartan Eardley Toffolo Anderson Pett Andrade Frecklington....Rhead is an old school brute but he is now 5th choice striker..Akinde is big but quick ..Green is more sprinter than giant ..Ellis Chapman a tall boy-child ..Bostwick is a Viking beast and make no excuses for the 2 CBs and keeper being tall(or will we play all 3 with raiding wingbacks)

What i found last season was teams we beat said it was direct route one blah blah ..they do play high octane but unless Rhead (effective but i think it wastes the talent we have elsewhere) plays it is evolving in to a speed game - we are very effective from set pieces and Wharton is so worth a first goalscorer bet at 22-1 or 25-1 all season long from Toffolo and Eardleys crosses - 18 months ago we had a ragtag bunch of fit strong workers to escape the National League ...only one of them may play next Saturday as the Cowleys have recruited a bunch of League One players and replaced them all
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 21:58:37 pm »

Well put ...we have some midgets in McCartan Eardley Toffolo Anderson Pett Andrade Frecklington....Rhead is an old school brute but he is now 5th choice striker..Akinde is big but quick ..Green is more sprinter than giant ..Ellis Chapman a tall boy-child ..Bostwick is a Viking beast and make no excuses for the 2 CBs and keeper being tall(or will we play all 3 with raiding wingbacks)

What i found last season was teams we beat said it was direct route one blah blah ..they do play high octane but unless Rhead (effective but i think it wastes the talent we have elsewhere) plays it is evolving in to a speed game - we are very effective from set pieces and Wharton is so worth a first goalscorer bet at 22-1 or 25-1 all season long from Toffolo and Eardleys crosses - 18 months ago we had a ragtag bunch of fit strong workers to escape the National League ...only one of them may play next Saturday as the Cowleys have recruited a bunch of League One players and replaced them all

You have a very strong squad, I for one would be very happy for a point on the opening day of the season!

How's Eardley for you? He seemed solid if not spectacular at Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2018, 08:11:16 am »

Everything you just said screams 'Route One Hoof Ball'.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2018, 13:57:32 pm »

You have a very strong squad, I for one would be very happy for a point on the opening day of the season!

How's Eardley for you? He seemed solid if not spectacular at Northampton

Best time to play us as this is the strongest 22 Lincoln have had since the 80s but may need time to gel the 8 signings - busy xmas fixtures will see us flying as there is now quality cover for all positions and our training ground now in use - biggest advantage we seem to have on some of the teams is the sell out crowds home and away

Eardley now fully fit and his experience showed last year ..2 POTY awards 10 assists and a screamer ..also covered left back and was probably our left back of the season too ..
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 15:26:59 pm »

This fella is confident, kinda hope Lincoln fail this season.
Report Spam   Logged
ImpossibleOpinion

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 16:16:09 pm »

This fella is confident, kinda hope Lincoln fail this season.

Ah sweet ..i kinda hope Forest Gump go down - quite liked going to your 3 sided stadium in the days of the little pie hut and the copper with the 58 waist ...and if you cannot be confident now then no bloody hope later in season
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2018, 08:41:52 am »

Quote from: Wolvo link=topic=17561.msg364035o#msg364035 date=1532938276
Everything you just said screams 'Route One Hoof Ball'.

Nothing wrong with long ball football in my eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 20:25:15 pm »

Nothing wrong with long ball football in my eyes.
Accurate diagonal passes or cute through balls on to a runner is fine but smashing it high for a 6ft 4 and 6ft 5 no 9 and 10 to batter their way past defeners can be a bit agricultural.. Lincoln typifies the latter or so Ive been told by the Luton fans in my local. We shall soon see😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2018, 21:29:45 pm »

Accurate diagonal passes or cute through balls on to a runner is fine but smashing it high for a 6ft 4 and 6ft 5 no 9 and 10 to batter their way past defeners can be a bit agricultural.. Lincoln typifies the latter or so Ive been told by the Luton fans in my local. We shall soon see😂

.....careful, the pompous one will suggest that is a lazy predictable observation on Lincoln.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2018, 22:06:33 pm »

Ah sweet ..i kinda hope Forest Gump go down - quite liked going to your 3 sided stadium in the days of the little pie hut and the copper with the 58 waist ...and if you cannot be confident now then no bloody hope later in season

We had our "best" squad ever last year and got relegated.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2018, 22:53:48 pm »

We had our "best" squad ever last year and got relegated.

We've always got our best squad ever and our highest budget.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2018, 22:56:45 pm »

We've always got our best squad ever and our highest budget.

True. IT'S OUR YEAR!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2018, 14:51:31 pm »

True. IT'S OUR YEAR!
Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2018, 17:42:23 pm »

.....careful, the pompous one will suggest that is a lazy predictable observation on Lincoln.
Haha, low shots calling me pompous, because you were called out for knowing nothing about Hibs...evidenced by lazy assumptions!
Crawl back!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2018, 18:14:16 pm »

Haha, low shots calling me pompous, because you were called out for knowing nothing about Hibs...evidenced by lazy assumptions!
Crawl back!

The Hibs story and your inability to read and comprehend is long forgotten - life is too short.

I was simply referring to your disrespectful comment about another poster’s reasonable opinion about Lincoln and their possible long ball game - it’s meant to be a discussion thread where opinions can differ but I guess in your little world of perceived superiority you feel entitled to write such comments- takes all sort to make an interesting world I guess .
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2018, 09:35:11 am »

can't fit all first team players in the squad so a couple will be disappointed.
 DA has said he likes Bowditch and Waters has done well pre-season despite being surplus but think they are the biggest contenders to not be involved as DA also seems to like Bridge. He may leave Turnbull out to accommodate one but then there's no cover at LB.

Williams work rate will be preferred to KVV, Morias almost certain to start on the bench.

Will be interesting to see how the team lines up.
Assuming Facey isn't fit I imagine something like this...

Ward/Cornell

Buchs
Taylor
Barnett
Oddofin

McWilliams
Crooks
O'Toole

Assuming Facey isn't fit I imagine something like this...
Williams
Hoskins

Bench: Other GK, Pierre, Turnbull Foley, Bridge, Morias, KVV

Missing out: Bowditch, Waters + youngsters
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2018, 09:55:46 am »

Hopefully DA will select 11 players
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2018, 10:05:52 am »

I’d go for Pierre rather than Barnett any day of the week.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: