The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 08:45:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Predict the squad vs Lincoln

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the squad vs Lincoln  (Read 2829 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 28, 2018, 10:08:23 am »

I'm going for:

...................Ward........................
Odoffin.Taylor.Pierre.Buchanan
..................McWilliams..............
..........Crooks.....O'Toole............
Hoskins......Williams.......Powell

However, my team 11 if everyone was fit would be:

.................Ward.................
Facey.Taylor.Pierre.Buchanan
....McWilliams.O'Toole...........
Waters.....Morais......Powell
...............Williams................
Sub's
Cornell
Turnbull (covers LB and CB injuries)
Crooks (if he stays)
Foley (Mr reliable, solid)
Hoskins
Van Veen (if he stays)
Bridge

This leaves Coddington, Barnett, Bowditch and Kasim not making the squad.

From what I've seen, Cam McWilliams and Jay Williams look very good prospects, I'd be fine them moving into the squad if Taylor or Facey leave, if not we should loan then out to a decent level. Roberts and Whaler have been OK, both need to get a bit bigger and stronger, not quite ready for L2, and Goff needs to work on his kicking.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 12:59:29 pm »

I'm going for:

...................Ward........................
Odoffin.Taylor.Pierre.Buchanan
..................McWilliams..............
..........Crooks.....O'Toole............
Hoskins......Williams.......Powell

Possibly not the formation, but can't really disagree otherwise. Perhaps his two goals will see Waters getting the nod over Hoskins.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest2995

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 19:28:30 pm »

Ward
Facey.  Taylor.  Pierre.  Buchanan

Foley.  JJOT

Waters                              Powell

Williams.   Hoskins     

Van Veen
Turnbull
Barnett
Bridge
Cornell
Bowditch

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 19:55:13 pm »

Ward
Facey.  Taylor.  Pierre.  Buchanan

Foley.  JJOT

Waters                              Powell

Williams.   Hoskins     

Van Veen
Turnbull
Barnett
Bridge
Cornell
Bowditch

McWilliams and crooks to go this week then?! I could cope with crooks going (although I think with the right attitude he would tear up this league) but I'd be gutted if McWilliams goes - and it would leave a massive hole in the midfield.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 00:42:05 am »

Can hoskins and waters be accomodated in the same team?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:25:39 am »

Possibly not the formation, but can't really disagree otherwise. Perhaps his two goals will see Waters getting the nod over Hoskins.

Hoskins on the right and Waters on the left?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 07:35:41 am »

Can hoskins and waters be accomodated in the same team?

I wouldn’t have thought so - I don’t think Lincoln have got a player under 6ft so we are going to get bombarded and will probably go as big as possible. I’m sure they’ll be already targetting buchs as a weakness at lb in the air.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 08:09:26 am »

There's no point fighting fire with fire, we should play to our strengths and not worry about the opposition. If the opponents are all 6ft plus then we should get the ball down, move it quickly, turn their defenders.

So my team

Ward
 Odoffin  Taylor Pierre Buchanan
   Crooks  McWilliams JJOT
Hoskins   Williams  Waters

Subs
Cornell
VV
Morais
Powell
Foley
Barnett
McWilliams C
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 09:39:37 am »

There's no point fighting fire with fire, we should play to our strengths and not worry about the opposition. If the opponents are all 6ft plus then we should get the ball down, move it quickly, turn their defenders.

So my team

Ward
 Odoffin  Taylor Pierre Buchanan
   Crooks  McWilliams JJOT
Hoskins   Williams  Waters

Subs
Cornell
VV
Morais
Powell
Foley
Barnett
McWilliams C

That’s fine in principle but they are a set piece team and will murder us if we don’t set up properly. I can see Powell definitely playing and his lack of ability in the air is also worrying.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 10:27:32 am »

That’s fine in principle but they are a set piece team and will murder us if we don’t set up properly. I can see Powell definitely playing and his lack of ability in the air is also worrying.

DA seems to be developing his own style of play and has got good results pre-season. Do we really want to go from that place to setting up purely to nullify the opposition's strengths, which is a throwback to the JFH school of flawed thinking. Hopefully we will in the main play our game. However, DA is no fool and undoubtedly will be aware of Lincoln's threat too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 10:52:59 am »

McWilliams and crooks to go this week then?! I could cope with crooks going (although I think with the right attitude he would tear up this league) but I'd be gutted if McWilliams goes - and it would leave a massive hole in the midfield.
Everyone hopes that they won’t go but there is strong interest and I don’t believe the club will stand in the way of McWilliams ambition . Crooks wants to leave and Sunderland are a big club .
Who knows if it will be this week or not .
Others want to leave but I don’t think they will because of the money they are on plus it would decimate the squad .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 11:27:06 am »

Everyone hopes that they won’t go but there is strong interest and I don’t believe the club will stand in the way of McWilliams ambition . Crooks wants to leave and Sunderland are a big club .
Others want to leave but I don’t think they will because of the money they are on plus it would decimate the squad .

I’ll have to take your word on the crooks to Sunderland and McWilliams to Norwich rumours - can’t see anything about this anywhere else. Sunderland signed Luke o’nien from Wycombe this week who is quite similar to crooks (attacking midfielder) so would they still be interested?
Report Spam   Logged
Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 11:34:43 am »

This probably explains why we have used so many of the youngsters pre season.If the player's you say will be leaving this week then I feel the youngsters will get the chance as it might be to late to bring any suitable replacements in.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 11:37:57 am »

Id give Austin a bit more credit,   i'm sure if he knows which players would "like" to leave,  he will have replacements lined up,  but wont / cant sign them if players don't leave.

Blooding the youth is just part of their development.

Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 12:24:50 pm »

I think Ward will go straight in as No.1

With Facey injured, Odoffin should get the nod at RB despite some promising performances from our younger players.

I think Buchanan was one of the best left backs in L2 a couple of years ago so deserves to start even though Turnbull would probably be a more physical option

Taylor and Pierre appear to be the preferred centre back pairing

Crooks, McWilliams and JJOT in a central midfield 3 seems to popular choice if they are still here come next week.

I think it's close between Hoskins and Water for the right wing. DA trusted him last season so suspect Hoskins will get the nod despite Waters' pre-season goals

Powell to play left wing

Williams, a DA signing, to play ahead of KvV up front on his own
Report Spam   Logged
tuks

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 12:28:59 pm »

What is the score with Morias??? Injured?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 14:40:12 pm »

What is the score with Morias??? Injured?

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/morias-chomping-at-the-bit-to-play-for-cobblers-but-striker-set-to-miss-lincoln-clash-1-8583266
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 17:03:40 pm »

Cornell

Odoffin    Taylor  Pierre    Buchanan

Powell     Crooks  McWilliams   Bridge

Hoskins     Williams

Subs - Ward, O'Toole, Barnett, Turnbull, Waters, Bowditch, Van Veen.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 17:29:27 pm »

Anyone not playing on Saturday will have a game against Chelsea youngsters on Tuesday I understand
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 22:19:00 pm »

The team I think Austin will choose to play Lincoln based on his friendly sides (in 442 formation):

Ward
Odoffin Taylor Pierre Buchanan
Powell Crooks McWilliams Waters
           Williams Hoskins

Bench: Cornell, Turnbull, C. McWilliams, Foley, Bridge, O'Toole, Van Veen

The team I would select (with everyone available for selection) (in wide 4231 formation):

Ward
Facey Taylor Pierre Buchanan
       O'Toole McWilliams
Powell      Crooks      Morias
              Van Veen

Bench: Cornell, Turnbull, Odoffin, Foley, Hoskins, Waters, Williams

As always its a game of opinions but we really do have great strength in depth this season!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 22:26:20 pm by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: