The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:14:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 37903 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2018, 17:26:38 pm »

Odoffin has done OK, but was always likely to be behind Facey in the pecking order. Morais has been building up match fitness hence no starts yet. Not sure what the deal is with Ward. Austin has said he injured his finger and played with a splint against Wycombe, perhaps he will come in when this is fully healed. Surely Reading haven't loaned him out for the season so he can sit on our bench?

Agree fully on Odoffin. Morais started against Wycombe but looks very heavy but I think he will come good in the end, Ward should not have been on the bench last night if he is not fully fit when we have Coddington available. If he is fully fit Austin obviously rates him as our number 2 behind Cornell.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2018, 17:29:41 pm »

That most on here applauded when he made them.

I'd give Austin the net three L2 games. Colchester A , Tranmere H and Cheltenham H. At least 4 points from those three games or he should go.

People didn't overly applaud Page. Definitely didn't for Edingburgh after he had done awfully at Gillingham. Hasslebaink was certainly a popular appointment (was my first choice). And Austin was also popular. Not my choice for the record.

Being honest I'd probably agree with your 3 games and points requirement.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2995

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2018, 18:50:46 pm »

Okay ,
If we had the choice again right now to take one of the following managers , who would you take to manage us for the season from :

Page
JED
JFH
Deano

I think JED probably had the best eye for a player but I would stick with Austin for his style of football and approach .
My qualification is that I would have DA with Brady as number 2 .
The worst of them all was Hasselbank .
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2018, 19:13:05 pm »

Okay ,
If we had the choice again right now to take one of the following managers , who would you take to manage us for the season from :

Page
JED
JFH
Deano

I think JED probably had the best eye for a player but I would stick with Austin for his style of football and approach .
My qualification is that I would have DA with Brady as number 2 .
The worst of them all was Hasselbank .

I'll play.

1.Page (as long as he keeps his trap shut when angry).
2.Hasselbank
3.Austin
4.Edingburgh

Gary Johnson is available  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2018, 19:17:26 pm »

I'll play.

1.Page (as long as he keeps his trap shut when angry).
2.Hasselbank
3.Austin
4.Edingburgh

Gary Johnson is available  Grin

What’s the thinking behind JFH 2nd? I mean they’re all as bad as each other but I thought JFH was the worst by far
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2018, 19:31:38 pm »

What’s the thinking behind JFH 2nd? I mean they’re all as bad as each other but I thought JFH was the worst by far

He is better than option 3 and 4. That's saying something for them isn't it  Grin  He signed van Veen who has kept us out of the bottom two this season.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2018, 19:40:12 pm »

He is better than option 3 and 4. That's saying something for them isn't it  Grin  He signed van Veen who has kept us out of the bottom two this season.
JFH has no clue at all and also p*ssed everyone off at the club .
Page was too defensive and slack with players .
JED was a bit unlucky but seemed to get in a rut he couldn’t get out of .
For me it’s
Austin
JED
Page
JFH
Report Spam   Logged
northerncobbler

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2018, 19:55:01 pm »

1. JED
2. RP
3. DA
4. Fold the club and go home

Putting those choices in a preference order is totally perverse 😂
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2018, 19:59:48 pm »

We should of grabbed Tisdale when he was available before the s***e down the road got to him. It still pains me to this day.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2018, 20:37:26 pm »

Dean - After last night some apprehension has crept in.
JFH - because he somehow persuaded vV to join us.
RP -   but his team selection at Posh put me off
JED - Crazy idea on wing backs we did'nt have
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 14:29:38 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2018, 20:58:54 pm »

Great to see that none of us agree at all so far, shows how subjective it all is.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2018, 10:20:13 am »

1. Page for taking us to our highest position
2. JFH for taking us up a couple places in the league
3. Jed for taking us to bottom playing anti football

Too soon to place Austin. He's got an easy job in my opinion with this squad in league two... But he's performing poorly at the moment.

Agree on the Tisdale comment. I've wanted him for years.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2018, 10:28:02 am »

1. RP - Although he benefited from the momentum of our championship season, being 4th in L1, albeit not for long, was fun while in lasted
2. JE - Some praise for getting some decent initial results but should have been sacked at the end of the season (KT's biggest mistake on the managerial front IMO)
3. JFH - Clueless

If DA keeps us in the league this season I'd be content.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2018, 13:27:50 pm »

I want Dean to be a success and not just because I want the Cobblers to be a success but .....................why didn't he pick his best team to play Wycombe ? If we'd won that we'd be facing Forest Green at home next week (2nd Round) and potentially looking forward to a lucrative 3rd round tie. Our minds would be drawn to this and less to our league form giving him more time to generate some confidence and possibly even generate some funds to finance loans (in areas we know we are weak. Does anyone on here think we have adequate wingers ?).

FWIW;

JFH was worst - he destroyed the initial goodwill by playing poor losing football, wasting a significant budget to improve things in January and appearing to have a limited ability to motivate individual players and the supporters. Probably our highest paid Manager ever too.
RP was 2nd worst - managed gradual decline of a team that eventually disgraced itself at Stourbridge. Significant highlight = WBA win.
JE was 3rd worst - kept us in League 1 (just) and was let down by very modest initial investment in pre-season. Didn't seem to be able to handle significant increased funding and team continued to play poorly. Gave the impression he was expecting the chop.

DA - we need to give the guy a chance. There was an upturn when JFH left.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2018, 15:11:44 pm »

Nice to see Austin doesn't seem to know why the team is playing badly.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2018, 20:32:40 pm »

A lot of negativity towards Austin which I find odd. We have been on top for 3 out of 4 games and everything being equal with chances scored compared to chances created we would be sat on 9 or 10 points from 4 games. The tactics are right, we are creating more chances than the opposition are, its not Austins fault that Crooks, Williams, Powell and Hoskins have between then missed 10 clear cut chances in 4 league games. Had those players taken their chances we would not be having this discussion.

That said, now Morais is fit, if he continues to play Williams rather than Morais questions might need to be asked. Similarly, the signing of Ward is an odd one, if he is no better than Cornell why not stick with Coddington as number 2? Also, if Hoskins continues to miss chances (which judging from the last 4 years he will) then surely Waters should be given a run in the team. Also, if Buchs continues to get a roasting at left back and Turnbull is not given a shot questions need to be asked.

4 league games is a very small sample, let's see where we are after 10 games, with McWilliams and O'Toole back fit, I'm fully expecting us to go on a good run and be top half after 10 games.

Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2018, 20:34:28 pm »

Nice to see Austin doesn't seem to know why the team is playing badly.  Roll Eyes

They aren't playing badly, 1 bad performance in 4 league games.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2018, 20:41:16 pm »

..... Also, if Buchs continues to get a roasting at left back and Turnbull is not given a shot questions need to be asked......

Has him losing the captaincy been a factor in our defencive demise?.

Important to have leaders on the pitch.... But, is the captaincy question causing issues?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2018, 20:41:42 pm »

I'm fully expecting us to go on a good run and be top half after 10 games.
Please dont start a thread about it.. Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2018, 20:48:00 pm »

A lot of negativity towards Austin which I find odd. We have been on top for 3 out of 4 games and everything being equal with chances scored compared to chances created we would be sat on 9 or 10 points from 4 games. The tactics are right, we are creating more chances than the opposition are, its not Austins fault that Crooks, Williams, Powell and Hoskins have between then missed 10 clear cut chances in 4 league games. Had those players taken their chances we would not be having this discussion.

That said, now Morais is fit, if he continues to play Williams rather than Morais questions might need to be asked. Similarly, the signing of Ward is an odd one, if he is no better than Cornell why not stick with Coddington as number 2? Also, if Hoskins continues to miss chances (which judging from the last 4 years he will) then surely Waters should be given a run in the team. Also, if Buchs continues to get a roasting at left back and Turnbull is not given a shot questions need to be asked.

4 league games is a very small sample, let's see where we are after 10 games, with McWilliams and O'Toole back fit, I'm fully expecting us to go on a good run and be top half after 10 games.

Decent post 78 - not many will disagree on Hoskins and Powell. A walloping at Colchester will not help DA's cause.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: