The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 09:17:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 38482 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2018, 22:13:33 pm »

I genuinely want the guy to succeed but this isn't a great start to the season.

As for his post match interviews, totally boring and devoid of inspiration. Maybe thats just his personality but its the same thing every time. Looking to the floor, shrugging shoulders. Looks like he has no idea whats going on...

He said that "he can't explain what he saw in the first half"......he also said "we were out-worked and I'm not going to have that said about my team"......sounds like his reaction after the Morecambe game.

I just don't know.....depends on what is expected this season. If a mid-table finish with early exits from the cup competitions is adequate then he'll be fine, but I just don't see him achieving much more than this. Some of this though is down to the squad he's been left with...and the fact it seems his hands have been tied somewhat financially this season. If we can't ship anyone out there will be nobody coming in......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2018, 22:25:01 pm »

He said that "he can't explain what he saw in the first half"......he also said "we were out-worked and I'm not going to have that said about my team"......sounds like his reaction after the Morecambe game.

I just don't know.....depends on what is expected this season. If a mid-table finish with early exits from the cup competitions is adequate then he'll be fine, but I just don't see him achieving much more than this. Some of this though is down to the squad he's been left with...and the fact it seems his hands have been tied somewhat financially this season. If we can't ship anyone out there will be nobody coming in......

Don't be too sure about confidently sitting mid table.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2018, 22:27:35 pm »

I’m not sure Austin will walk the walk.. it’s the same old excuses. I don’t see us hammering anybody because we simply can’t keep the goals out of our own net.

Like I said on another thread we are a mid table div 2 side. But I guess if KT is happy with that then fine 🙄
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2018, 22:40:58 pm »

You can’t judge a man on a reserve team performance
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2018, 22:47:27 pm »

But surely you can judge a man on a record of 3 wins in 13, 1 win in 8 this season without a single clean sheet, only one clean sheet in the 13 games he's managed.

He has a worse win record than Hasselbaink had..........
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2018, 22:56:23 pm »

But surely you can judge a man on a record of 3 wins in 13, 1 win in 8 this season without a single clean sheet, only one clean sheet in the 13 games he's managed.

He has a worse win record than Hasselbaink had..........

...and Jimmy had a bigger whistle!
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #286 on: September 05, 2018, 06:04:38 am »

agree with this - definitely a season of transition trying to weed out what was left from the previous 3 managers before we can progress - its the attitude of the players / squad that needs changing and until players are out of the club its hard to get the right characters in to replace them
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2018, 07:01:49 am »

I’m not sure Austin will walk the walk.. it’s the same old excuses. I don’t see us hammering anybody because we simply can’t keep the goals out of our own net.

Like I said on another thread we are a mid table div 2 side. But I guess if KT is happy with that then fine 🙄
We are showing relegation form
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2018, 07:13:13 am »

We are showing relegation form

bottom 7 to go down?! is that a new rule this season!?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #289 on: September 05, 2018, 07:20:18 am »

Firstly if KT was just looking to reduce losses he would have took the offers for our senior players in the transfer window. I can state with certainty that he was not chosen because he was a cheap solution.

My info comes from a senior executive at the club but I will not name him as I hope to continue to receive the odd snippet.
The ramblings of a Senior executive at a club that is constantly in turmoil is worthless.
With us its all fancy titles but no substance.
We need to be within striking distance of the top 7 after the Christmas break, if not changes will be needed.
Hopefully this wont be the case.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2018, 07:39:14 am »

agree with this - definitely a season of transition trying to weed out what was left from the previous 3 managers before we can progress - its the attitude of the players / squad that needs changing and until players are out of the club its hard to get the right characters in to replace them

There is no such thing as a season of transition. You either hit the ground running or you don't. If he is lucky enough to stick a few guys together who can knock a ball about and get some decent results, they will be picked up by other clubs at the end of the season and we will be back where we started. The line between success and failure at our level, and on our budget, is so thin. Every now and then you will get a manager that just seems to get a winning mix, out of what is essentially mediocre players. Wilder, Carr, Atkins, to name a few, hit that sweet spot. You could argue that a few players from Carr side went on to better things, but they wouldn't have lasted five minutes in the higher leagues these days. Other than that, nobody from their sides has gone on to any significant success, and none of them would even touch the sides of the modern game at top level.  

You either get someone who can polish a turd, or you don't. I have spent a bit of time around some of our ex players. I am doing a bit of work with one at the moment. Far from regaling me with dynamic stories about football, they are pretty much indifferent to the whole thing. They enjoyed making living from playing football, but they aren't particularly driven, focused individuals. And they certainly don't give a flying fcuk about what any of us think. In many respects social media has completely driven a wedge between the club and players, and the supporters. The standard mantra at any level of football is to look at us as not having a clue.

I'm afraid unless we are suddenly a very rich club, the limp along philosophy will be what's served up for the foreseeable future. Nobody in TV or the higher leagues even throws a glance our way. Without quite a few millions, we are what we are. And regardless of all the sabre rattling, alcohol fueled, business plans we see on here  Grin Grin We need good old cash. And lots of it. But like me. You all knew what you was getting before the first ball was kicked this season. Don't try to pretend you didn't sign up for it.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2018, 07:49:42 am »

I feel massively let down by Austin in the cup competitions and i will judge him for it.

In the league cup at Wycombe, he made changes, filled the bench with youth and then looked hesitant to bring anybody on when we were 1-0 down.

In the checkatrade, he said in the week that we would be taking the competition seriously. I went to the game based on this information. I was expecting a core of first team, with a sprinkling of youth, plus players making their way back from injury and niggles (McWilliams, JJ etc). Again Austin seemed hesitant to use the bench at 1-0 down when it clearly wasn't working.

I am all for bringing in the youth, but i fail to see how putting them in a starting eleven that that has been thrown together and contains none of the first team will help their development. Similarly whats the point of having them on the bench if you refuse to use them when we are already losing and not looking like scoring.

We are team that desperately needs wins, in any competition, in order to build momentum. His team selections for both cup games so far have not helped with this one bit.

Austin's game management and substitutions (or lack of them) are something that continue to anger me, and as a paying supporter i will continue to judge based on what i see.

Having said all of that, When Austin actually picks the first team - credit where it is due -  we have looked good at times this season, i am more entertained than the last 2 seasons. but we have to turn those performances into wins.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2018, 08:07:15 am »

As I have said before, we could so easily be this season's Chesterfield.

Once losing becomes entrenched in to a club it's like a cancer and takes a long time to turn.

I'd say finishing in the top half would be a very successful season.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2018, 08:31:37 am »

As I have said before, we could so easily be this season's Chesterfield.

Once losing becomes entrenched in to a club it's like a cancer and takes a long time to turn.

I'd say finishing in the top half would be a very successful season.

I think we'll have more than enough to stay up. The teams we've played this season have been absolutely terrible so far... I'm certain there'll be worse clubs than us (doesn't get much 'easier' than Cheltenham on Saturday).
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
defender

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 05, 2018, 08:42:55 am »

Well, we only lost 0_1 in a very pointless cup game. BUT WE HAVE TO START WINNING  League Games THAT IS WHAT'S NEEDED, OR PERHAPS I SHOULD SAY, STOP losing GAMES.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2018, 08:56:23 am »

We need to be within striking distance of the play-off at the end of the Christmas break and having had shown some commanding performances leading up to then.
We will also need to strengthen at the next window in order to kick on.
3 wins from the next 5 is the minimum requirement to avoid us all going into melt down.
We have arrived at the pivotal point in which we either kick on with some strong performances or wholesale changes will be demanded by a frustrated and angry support base.
I still have hopes for a playoff position that will require 18 wins in 40!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #296 on: September 05, 2018, 08:56:37 am »

The teams we've played this season have been absolutely terrible so far...

We've only beaten 1 of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 05, 2018, 09:19:56 am »

We need to be within striking distance of the play-off at the end of the Christmas break and having had shown some commanding performances leading up to then.
We will also need to strengthen at the next window in order to kick on.
3 wins from the next 5 is the minimum requirement to avoid us all going into melt down.
We have arrived at the pivotal point in which we either kick on with some strong performances or wholesale changes will be demanded by a frustrated and angry support base.
I still have hopes for a playoff position that will require 18 wins in 40!

3 wins in the next 5 isn’t going to be that easy - after Cheltenham (which is now a must win) we’ve got a tougher run of port Vale and Mansfield away and Notts County (who might start responding now they’ve got a new manager) and bury and home - that should separate the men from the boys.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 05, 2018, 10:42:25 am »

We've only beaten 1 of them.

It sucks we haven't been able to capitilise a bit more. The quality in difference between the leagues is absolutely tremendous.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #299 on: September 05, 2018, 20:43:53 pm »

Give the manager a break .
Let him develop his side . He has inherited JFH’s players and can’t get rid of who he wants to.
We need to all pull together behind him . You can tell he cares about the club and wants success .
Accept we are not going up this year and let him build a side
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: