The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:15:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 37997 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2018, 21:04:26 pm »

Give the manager a break .
Let him develop his side . He has inherited JFH’s players and can’t get rid of who he wants to.
We need to all pull together behind him . You can tell he cares about the club and wants success .
Accept we are not going up this year and let him build a side

I agree, however I would like to feel more confident that we'll stay up than I do now.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2018, 21:28:48 pm »

Give the manager a break .
Let him develop his side .
Accept we are not going up this year and let him build a side
Surley Im not expected to pay £24 on Saturday to watch a meaningless game that has no consequence?
What do I do with my Saturdays now they wont be playing to compete for a top 7 place?
When do get to watch my local team next play a competitive game?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2018, 21:32:47 pm »

Surley Im not expected to pay £24 on Saturday to watch a meaningless game that has no consequence?
What do I do with my Saturdays now they wont be playing to compete for a top 7 place?

Support the club and our chairman by buying a season ticket (maybe in the east stand). That makes it much cheaper than £24.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2018, 22:14:23 pm »

Dunno...When are Luton at home next?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2018, 22:20:10 pm »

I think we'll have more than enough to stay up. The teams we've played this season have been absolutely terrible so far... I'm certain there'll be worse clubs than us (doesn't get much 'easier' than Cheltenham on Saturday).
I think most thought that before the Morecambe game, they are hopeless but beat us!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2018, 06:54:31 am »

Support the club and our chairman by buying a season ticket (maybe in the east stand). That makes it much cheaper than £24.
I pay £24 to support my club, buying a season ticket would be seen as an endorsement for the grabbing of land, unfair attack on local council and the continued, 12 years and counting, mothballing of our club,
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2018, 07:46:16 am »

No it wouldnt Beds, If you feel that strongly against the chairman stop putting money in his pocket every time you spend £24, don't go to the home games just go away and support your club then.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2018, 11:19:30 am »

I pay £24 to support my club, buying a season ticket would be seen as an endorsement for the grabbing of land, unfair attack on local council and the continued, 12 years and counting, mothballing of our club,

I think you'll find this is the very definition of cutting your nose off to spite your face. Still, I'm sure KT is very appreciative of the extra funds you are giving him!

Anyway, back on topic, I agree with Boot and Shoe's sentiment. Austin needs to be given a chance. We can't keep chopping and changing managers and have to give someone a run at some point. The difference with Austin for me is that, unlike the last three clowns, he has us playing attractive, enjoyable football and creating lots of chances. If we can improve our composure in front of goal then we'll be winning games comfortably. Do we have the required players to do that? Who knows, but I'm willing to wait a while to find out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
wingman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #308 on: September 06, 2018, 11:48:19 am »

So, you think the club separate your £24 from my season ticket money and use it differently? WTF?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2018, 12:17:58 pm »

absolute bellend
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2018, 13:46:25 pm »

Can we shut this thread down until Christmas.
This game by game judgement is pathetic. I think we will see the results we want, with the players we have, and the method DA is instructing.
For once we need to stick with a manager for the longterm!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2018, 13:49:02 pm »

The issue is the manager gets it in the neck every time his players don't perform. He probably works his nuts off preparing for every game. Players hold all the cards and apart from a bit of moaning get off scott free. Crazy really.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2018, 13:56:47 pm »

My views haven't changed from Saturday, There are double standards being shown when it comes to the mickey mouse cup.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2018, 14:13:56 pm »

If we have a slightly negative result or any negative activity involving NTFC, there are certain people who always appear to swerve the thread/subject into blaming KT or the redevelopment for it or their own actions.  Amazing how those people have kept up the hatred for so many years which cannot be good for their health.  
If I had that much hatred or their amount of a negative grievance against an individual or organisation I would have gone to see the person or organisation causing it by now and had it out with them, if only for my own piece of mind and sanity.
There must be a name for a condition that describes someone who keeps saying the same thing over and over again expecting a different response?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3023

« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2018, 14:41:02 pm »

Can we shut this thread down until Christmas.
This game by game judgement is pathetic. I think we will see the results we want, with the players we have, and the method DA is instructing.
For once we need to stick with a manager for the longterm!

Agree. Austin has only been in charge for 13 matches, 11 of those in the league. He took over a side that was on about as poor a run of form as you can have and which was extremely low on confidence. In that time there has been an improvement in play and a more attacking style style introduced.

A win on Saturday would give DA a points tally of 16 from 12 matches, a 1.33 average. This would extrapolate to a 62 point tally for a full season.

Considering that 5 of those 12 were played against L1 opposition, that many players have been out injured, summer signings have not had much time to bed in yet and that so far this year a degree of bad luck and missed sitters has contributed to not picking up more points, that average is not far off the right track than it might seem and certainly not relegation form in any case.

Unless the club is in the bottom 4-5 at Christmas and there is a genuine threat of relegation then DA should be given a full season to see what he can do.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2018, 15:14:27 pm »

I don't believe I could have asked for a better answer. Hoisted by your own petard.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
canvey cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2018, 15:38:49 pm »

This is Austin's first go at management, so is going to make mistakes along the way. If we stick with him and back him, in a few seasons we could be a top outfit.i think what he is trying to do is encouraging.  It's got to be better than another journeyman manager.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2018, 16:00:56 pm »

This is Austin's first go at management, so is going to make mistakes along the way. If we stick with him and back him, in a few seasons we could be a top outfit.i think what he is trying to do is encouraging.  It's got to be better than another journeyman manager.

Not strictly true - he was manager at Farnborough previously but I do appreciate the sentiment.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2018, 16:04:13 pm »

So, you think the club separate your £24 from my season ticket money and use it differently? WTF?

Grin great chuckle that!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2018, 16:22:19 pm »

Let's be clear...if you have purchased a ST, you are trying to do footie on the cheap,  depriving the club of extra revenue in the process, whilst using the loophole to somehow gain kudos in the football fraternity. Quite simply, you are cheapskates that probably shop at Primark.
If Beds pays £24 to watch each game, he is supporting the club more than you in financial terms!

Threeinabed, this doesn't apply to you...a prize bellebd, ST or not!  Wink Cool
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 17:33:05 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: