The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:29:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 37931 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #380 on: September 10, 2018, 12:50:11 pm »

That's a good point. DA's marquee signing is now deemed not good enough to start despite his other signing being injured. Should have invested in a winger in my opinion.

Indeed.....his goalkeeper signing has failed to dislodge Cornell, his right back signing has been dislodged by the returning Facey, his striker signings...one of whom joined us "unfit", missed the whole pre-season and is now out injured, and his other signing was deemed an inferior option to JJOT in an attacking role on Saturday. I noticed that O'Doffin did not even make the 18 on Saturday......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2018, 14:39:00 pm »

Indeed.....his goalkeeper signing has failed to dislodge Cornell, his right back signing has been dislodged by the returning Facey, his striker signings...one of whom joined us "unfit", missed the whole pre-season and is now out injured, and his other signing was deemed an inferior option to JJOT in an attacking role on Saturday. I noticed that O'Doffin did not even make the 18 on Saturday......

All the above are things that classically lead to a sacking.
next manager comes in... "to be fair it was a right mess when I got here - players were playing out of position, the lads weren't fit enough, were gonna go back to basics, try to keep clean sheets."
seen it all so many times before.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #382 on: September 10, 2018, 15:18:17 pm »

DA is most likely a decent coach but I wonder whether he's much of a manager.

Maybe he's trying to big them up to maintain some confidence rather than slating them. Yes, they're a lacklustre, underperforming bunch but then that's why you have a manager. They're supposed to set the tone, lead and inspire. It's DA's job to get the best out of the players. whether that's through one to one direction to improve individual performance, or finding the perfect combination to make the overall team play better as a unit.

I'm wondering whether he can do either. Results suggest not.

I don't dislike the guy, I prefer him as a person to any of the last three managers but i just don't think he's up to it. Not sure of the actual stats but think his tenure has yielded 2 wins from 10 or so games? It's just not good enough.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #383 on: September 10, 2018, 16:17:41 pm »

The signings made by DA are 2 a penny and make up a fraction of the playing budget, he wouldnt chose to sign the likes of Olddolphin if he had anything resembling  a proper budget.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #384 on: September 10, 2018, 16:19:37 pm »

3 wins from his 14 games in charge, against Plymouth at home and at Bury last season, and at acolchester this season.
The Plymouth game was the only game of his 14 in charge where we have kept a clean sheet.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #385 on: September 10, 2018, 18:54:19 pm »

3 wins from his 14 games in charge, against Plymouth at home and at Bury last season, and at acolchester this season.
The Plymouth game was the only game of his 14 in charge where we have kept a clean sheet.

If we're going to play stats I think we should stick with the league games, for fairly obvious reasons: P 12, W 3, D 4, L 5, Okay, on the face of it not outstanding, and no one is denying that Saturday was poor and things need to improve.

But, 13 points from 12 games for a new manager who is learning on the job, and who likely had his hands tied during the summer because of the excess of garbage already tied to contracts, and who (most importantly) is trying to play an expansive game.

Ultimately things may not work out with DA, but c,mon, let's get behind the bloke and give him a decent chance FFS! Despite our current results, it's the most entertaing football we've played since Wilder quit. Chris Wilder, remember him? I remember his first full season when he got to use his signings. What was it, something like 2 wins in fourteen at one stage? There were plenty on here back then eager to hit the eject button, right?
And plenty more that are now glad it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 18:56:48 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #386 on: September 10, 2018, 20:48:34 pm »

I'm not saying I'm not behind him,  I'm just not convinced that's all.

As for the entertaining bit, you might be seeing plenty of goals, sadly they're going in the wrong net...
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #387 on: September 10, 2018, 21:00:05 pm »

This season we are running at 0.85 points per game 3 more games to the 10 games mark, don't see it improving.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #388 on: September 10, 2018, 21:12:58 pm »

If we're going to play stats I think we should stick with the league games, for fairly obvious reasons: P 12, W 3, D 4, L 5, Okay, on the face of it not outstanding, and no one is denying that Saturday was poor and things need to improve.

But, 13 points from 12 games for a new manager who is learning on the job, and who likely had his hands tied during the summer because of the excess of garbage already tied to contracts, and who (most importantly) is trying to play an expansive game.

Ultimately things may not work out with DA, but c,mon, let's get behind the bloke and give him a decent chance FFS! Despite our current results, it's the most entertaing football we've played since Wilder quit. Chris Wilder, remember him? I remember his first full season when he got to use his signings. What was it, something like 2 wins in fourteen at one stage? There were plenty on here back then eager to hit the eject button, right?

It's a results business and his simply don't doing well enough at present.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #389 on: September 10, 2018, 21:26:49 pm »

His players are not giving 100% .
They come out with all the right stuff in interviews and talk the talk but none of them are walking the walk.
Ash Taylor is full of rubbish particularly .
He wanted to leave in the summer and his performances this season are abject . And yet to listen to him , you would think he was blood and thunder committed to the cause .
Just watch the goals conceded in the highlights - the amount of players that are half hearted in the challenge or waiting for someone else to do the work is astonishing .
It’s not acceptable and the players are mugging us all off .
Austin knows this but his hands are tied .
We flatter to deceive and need to go back to defensive basics and grinding out results .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2018, 21:40:41 pm »

Lot of common sense in what you say. Unfortunately poor results aginst PV and NC may well be the end for him.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3114

« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2018, 21:49:27 pm »

Lot of common sense in what you say. Unfortunately poor results aginst PV and NC may well be the end for him.
I note with interest DA is complaining about comments regarding tactics from the stands affecting the players? If that’s not an admission that this lot are entirely too fragile and precious I don’t know what is? Perhaps the physio should be allowed to take a phone on the pitch so the little loves can ring the Samaritans? FFS.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 10, 2018, 22:49:30 pm »

If I was one of the current crop of players I would give everything for a manager who by the accounts on record is well liked, if results don't come and he gets the boot if the next one through the door might be a nasty c*** or even worse. Maybe that is what is needed?

(Chap)
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3114

« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2018, 02:55:07 am »

The transfer window might be closed but we can still bring in free agents. So Mathieu Flamini, Patrice Evre, John Terry and Robbie Keane then?
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2018, 08:54:21 am »

The players deserve some flack certainly, DA tells us they are giving 100% though...

.....and we know that some of them aren't. DA is on record as saying more than once that he won't accept that and now has to act accordingly. Time to go back to his blood and thunder talk that so many of us (me included) bought into at the end of last season...but it must be relflected on the pitch. Remember the famous quote, (I think it was by Woody Allen) "success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration".
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 11, 2018, 09:24:52 am »

AGREED, We do need to defend much better, job no 1 ,stop loosing, build from the back, you know it makes sense.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #396 on: September 11, 2018, 11:21:43 am »

The transfer window might be closed but we can still bring in free agents. So Mathieu Flamini, Patrice Evre, John Terry and Robbie Keane then?

If we had any funds to pay the increased wage bill?......
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #397 on: September 11, 2018, 11:22:03 am »

His players are not giving 100% .
Just watch the goals conceded in the highlights - the amount of players that are half hearted in the challenge or waiting for someone else to do the work is astonishing .
It’s not acceptable and the players are mugging us all off .

Spot on - the game and performance was terrible and for my sins I reviewed it again - it didn't get any better & looking at body language plus effort it actually looked worse.

Certain players are definitely mugging us off - whilst I'm no martyr and make my choices, early Saturday morning I left Asia for an 11 hour flight and instead of going home in Europe I headed for Heathrow, train & taxi to Northampton to see that shambolic performance, returning home Sunday - I'm being cheated by the players and DA post match comments are frankly insulting our intelligence.

We should not delude ourselves - the current attitude is easily capable of giving us a a bottom 2 finish - and before the usual suspects start, this is completely nothing to do with a s***ty half finished stand or no development progress
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #398 on: September 11, 2018, 11:40:20 am »

Spot on - the game and performance was terrible and for my sins I reviewed it again - it didn't get any better & looking at body language plus effort it actually looked worse.

Certain players are definitely mugging us off - whilst I'm no martyr and make my choices, early Saturday morning I left Asia for an 11 hour flight and instead of going home in Europe I headed for Heathrow, train & taxi to Northampton to see that shambolic performance, returning home Sunday - I'm being cheated by the players and DA post match comments are frankly insulting our intelligence.

We should not delude ourselves - the current attitude is easily capable of giving us a a bottom 2 finish - and before the usual suspects start, this is completely nothing to do with a s***ty half finished stand or no development progress
There’s a lot of lip service going on at this club and I don’t see much action .
There’s lip service from the chairman with nothing happening , lip service from the manager with no results and most of all , lip service from the players with a complete lack of commitment on the pitch .
It’s there for all to see . Some are simply wandering about when danger threatens or watching others .
There’s a lack of leadership in this team and too many bottlers .
Too many that think they are better than they are . Let’s get this right , they play for Northampton Town who are near the bottom of the bottom division - the facts don’t lie and that’s how good they really are despite what smoke is blown up their a**holes by agents
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #399 on: September 11, 2018, 12:09:18 pm »

If we had any funds to pay the increased wage bill?......
Good point, back to shuffling the current squad then?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: