The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:29:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 37917 times)
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2018, 09:27:30 am »

DA is an excellent coach who is new to management. Don't think he's had nearly enough time to write him off but I understand the frustration with results. Most of the squad is not of his choosing and a lot/ most of the blame lies there. Really hope he gets a positive result tomorrow. Either way, I will support him as he deserves more time.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 21, 2018, 09:56:14 am »

DA is an excellent coach who is new to management.

Is he? Personally I think he is an average coach who quite bravely stood still when every one else stepped back one pace when the job became available. His content in interviews and general tone have improved this week though so lets hope that trend follows in the result.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3114

« Reply #562 on: September 21, 2018, 10:37:07 am »

I’m going to regret posting this and it will bore most of you sh1tless. However the AFL semi final at the MCG between Collingwood and Richmond is about half way through. It’s a 100,000 sell out and if Richmond win they will be playing in their second final in 2 years. If you can be bothered read the coaching history of the Richmond coach and ask yourself if he was our manager would he still be in a job? Shows you the difference between cultures and also what a bit of patience with a coach can achieve? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Hardwick
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 21, 2018, 10:42:25 am »

Shows you the difference between cultures and also what a bit of patience with a coach can achieve?

Bring back Jimmy?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #564 on: September 21, 2018, 10:44:01 am »

Bring back Jimmy?
no perhaps not then eh?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 21, 2018, 10:46:53 am »

no perhaps not then eh?

Why? Was he given a chance like the Australian geezer?
Report Spam   Logged

just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #566 on: September 21, 2018, 10:50:54 am »

DA is an excellent coach who is new to management. Don't think he's had nearly enough time to write him off but I understand the frustration with results. Most of the squad is not of his choosing and a lot/ most of the blame lies there. Really hope he gets a positive result tomorrow. Either way, I will support him as he deserves more time.

Then why, why, why did he not fix the squad in the summer transfer window?? This is a quote from DA on 15th June:

“If the first game of the season was tomorrow and I had this squad then I’d be very happy,"
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #567 on: September 21, 2018, 10:52:40 am »

Why? Was he given a chance like the Australian geezer?
Don’t listen to me, I don’t know what I’m on about Frank I’m on the pop. Talking even more sh1te than usual.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #568 on: September 21, 2018, 10:56:10 am »

Then why, why, why did he not fix the squad in the summer transfer window?? This is a quote from DA on 15th June:

“If the first game of the season was tomorrow and I had this squad then I’d be very happy,"
He couldn’t shift out the players he wanted to in order to get others in .
He was stuck with what he had inherited .
Having said that , the squad should be good enough as it stands but they are not performing .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #569 on: September 21, 2018, 11:01:28 am »

Is he? Personally I think he is an average coach who quite bravely stood still when every one else stepped back one pace when the job became available. His content in interviews and general tone have improved this week though so lets hope that trend follows in the result.

I must admit that this is increasingly my feeling too - let’s be honest since he became coach/assistant manager which of our players has actually improved? I’m struggling to think of any except possibly McWilliams but he’s in and out for various reasons. Also, since the introduction of Todd has the defending improved - I’d argue that if anything it has got worse? I thought that Austin’s USP was that he was some kind of coaching genius who would get the most out of what he had but that hasn’t transpired.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #570 on: September 21, 2018, 11:19:09 am »

Having said that , the squad should be good enough as it stands but they are not performing .

Having listened to KT's update, I wonder if the board blocked any sales because they wanted to maintain the value of the club as an asset...
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #571 on: September 21, 2018, 11:23:52 am »

Sorry I don't buy this, I think he genuinly was happy with the squad at his disposal. There were people on here (yourself included?) who were saying that up to five players were on their way out. I'm sure if he really wanted rid of the likes of Crooks, van Veen etc (not Kasim who looks destined to see out his contract here) there would have been takers. So how people can say he can't take the blame because he wasn't in control of the personel , I don't know because he had the chance to change it but didn't, and that's a massive misjudgement of his.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #572 on: September 21, 2018, 11:54:05 am »

Sorry I don't buy this, I think he genuinly was happy with the squad at his disposal. There were people on here (yourself included?) who were saying that up to five players were on their way out. I'm sure if he really wanted rid of the likes of Crooks, van Veen etc (not Kasim who looks destined to see out his contract here) there would have been takers. So how people can say he can't take the blame because he wasn't in control of the personel , I don't know because he had the chance to change it but didn't, and that's a massive misjudgement of his.
The situation was that the players he wanted to get rid of , no one wanted or the players refused to move .
In other cases , the valuation of the club was not met . In certain cases , the players were not allowed to move .
It’s a mixture of circumstances . He couldn’t get rid of some high earners which would have freed things up .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #573 on: September 21, 2018, 12:28:54 pm »

I’m going to regret posting this and it will bore most of you sh1tless. However the AFL semi final at the MCG between Collingwood and Richmond is about half way through. It’s a 100,000 sell out and if Richmond win they will be playing in their second final in 2 years. If you can be bothered read the coaching history of the Richmond coach and ask yourself if he was our manager would he still be in a job? Shows you the difference between cultures and also what a bit of patience with a coach can achieve? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Hardwick

Richmond have just been hammered by Collingwood in a Boothroydesque Wembley like fashion. Please disregard this post.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #574 on: September 21, 2018, 12:40:12 pm »

Cornell seems to get beat too often from too far out or where the angles should favour him rather than the scorer. Just my opinion.

Similarly, DA is a coach training on the job to be a manager. He's not getting the best from the players who he consistently insists he is happy with.

So, either he is a poor manager, or a very bad judge of a player. My personal opinion is probably a bit of both, mainly due to inexperience I'd say.

Either way, neither of these are things we need right now.

Sorry, just my opinion
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #575 on: September 21, 2018, 13:22:11 pm »

Richmond have just been hammered by Collingwood in a Boothroydesque Wembley like fashion. Please disregard this post.
Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 21, 2018, 13:27:03 pm »

in my opinion if we loose our next game he must be sacked., he's had more than enough time,
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 21, 2018, 13:43:04 pm »

Don't confuse DA being diplomatic with him being happy with the squad. He's playing with the hand he was dealt to a large extent.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #578 on: September 21, 2018, 14:01:03 pm »

Don't confuse DA being diplomatic with him being happy with the squad. He's playing with the hand he was dealt to a large extent.

I'm not sure how true this is - If he had really wanted shot of those (especially lower earners who are not good enough - Cornell, Hoskins etc) then I am sure he could have got rid.

But the bigger question you raise here is, Does DA get the best out of what he does have?Huh?

The answer to that and results say no he does not in any way shape or form - It's alright playing pretty, pretty football if you have the players to do it and are getting results - He is clearly not and sometimes we need to mix it up and be more physical and he is found wanting time and time again.

To me he looks a lost man out of his depth and his playing the likes of Hoskins, Crooks etc. week in week out regardless of there previous weeks performance is infuriating!

I hope he has 90 mins left to save his career - it could get very nasty on Saturday afternoon if things go the way they have the last few weeks.

DA and a lot of the players are fine a talking the talk, very few actually walk the walk tho and that's a major problem 
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2018, 07:44:17 am »

So if DA is an excellent coach why haven't we seen the evidence on the pitch??  i am sorry mate but facts dont back up your bold statement. We concede shed loads and cant score.

I am guessing after he has been sacked whenever that will is, he will never manage a football league club again. nothing against the bloke its just how i see it.   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: