The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:22:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Shaun McWilliams Injury

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaun McWilliams Injury  (Read 3353 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« on: August 05, 2018, 07:31:45 am »

From where I sit it looked like his hamstring had gone, and from the way he was punching the floor and throwing his shinpads about (plus the telling cuddle from Deano as he went off), I am guessing it is not good.

Has anyone found an update on this yet? Hopefully just a strain and he will be back in a month or so, but I am not so sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:39:15 am »

Austin said he'd be having a scan on Monday.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 07:54:26 am »

Austin said he'd be having a scan on Monday.

Cheers, I haven't caught up with the post match interviews yet.

Fingers crossed it is not as bad as it looked.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 08:05:01 am »

It's a hamstring 6 weeks minimum ..... We need a loan to cover.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 09:23:38 am »

It's a hamstring 6 weeks minimum ..... We need a loan to cover.

Not according to DA on the radio post-game, sounded pretty confident with the midfield cover he's got
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 09:26:25 am »

That's a concern if true.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 10:12:24 am »

Let's hope he isn't planning on Jack Bridge being the replacement like he was yesterday
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 19:35:16 pm »

Any news, the scan was today wasn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 19:45:44 pm »

Any news, the scan was today wasn't it?
He got back up and tried to run it off so unlikely to be a major tear, 2 to 3  weeks would by my guess
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 20:49:14 pm »

He got back up and tried to run it off so unlikely to be a major tear, 2 to 3  weeks would by my guess
I’m not being funny , but you have absolutely no clue .
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 20:52:20 pm »

Not according to DA on the radio post-game, sounded pretty confident with the midfield cover he's got

“But we’ve got enough players in there, JJ slotted back in there and he’s got a wealth of experience and we’ve got Crooksy and Sam Foley ready to do a job so it’s not quite panic stations but we’ll have a look at it.”

If we had Crooksy and FOLEY ready to do a job why did he replace Williams with Bridge?!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 20:56:34 pm »

I’m not being funny , but you have absolutely no clue .
Was it the bit where I said I was guessing gave it away? 😉😂
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 21:03:55 pm »

It's been said enough already but jjot is not a defensive midfielder - we need him further up the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 21:15:28 pm »

It's been said enough already but jjot is not a defensive midfielder - we need him further up the pitch.

I realise I’m in a minority but I’d be very happy if JJOT and McWilliams were our central midfield pair for most games. I still think he’s better with the game in front of him and arriving late in the box. I’ve never felt he’s ‘dynamic’ enough for that number 10 role. I’ve even got a feelin his goal record per 90 minutes is better when he plays central midfield rather than the advanced role.

Now we have a Morais I’d expect Austin to play a front 2, don’t see him playing as a lone striker and I hope he’s not shunted to the wing a la Hoskins
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 21:44:37 pm »

You can probably assume the fact there is no news about his injury means it's a bad one.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 22:35:28 pm »

I realise I’m in a minority but I’d be very happy if JJOT and McWilliams were our central midfield pair for most games. I still think he’s better with the game in front of him and arriving late in the box. I’ve never felt he’s ‘dynamic’ enough for that number 10 role. I’ve even got a feelin his goal record per 90 minutes is better when he plays central midfield rather than the advanced role.

Now we have a Morais I’d expect Austin to play a front 2, don’t see him playing as a lone striker and I hope he’s not shunted to the wing a la Hoskins

100% agree, when JJOT plays further forward he is just used as the lump we aim long balls to, and he is better than that.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 08:06:09 am »

Didn't we win L2 last time with him playing defensive mid?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 08:12:13 am »

yep
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 11:57:57 am »

I completely agree with all of this. The majority of JJOT goals come from getting on the end of set pieces and arriving late in the box. He is far better at breaking up play and dictating the pace of the game then moving further forward in a 10 when his lack of mobility tends to get exposed and we end up using him as simply a longball option.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 12:04:08 pm »

Yeah , he was sent out on loan before we did that.

JJ was not as good last year as he was in the championship winning side where he ran the midfield.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: