The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:41:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Carlisle United away

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carlisle United away  (Read 12570 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2018, 13:32:00 pm »

Cornell is a poor mans Chris Dunn and if DA keeps playing him I think he will get him the sack.
DA has a keeper on loan from Reading, he needs to play him!
The fact we still can't keep a clean sheet is very worrying even though we've dropped into the pub league.

Have you actually seen him play?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2018, 13:41:12 pm »

It’s easy enough to produce smart @rse responses of no substance. Again though,  I invite you or anyone else to enlighten my ignorant mind on how the ball hit the middle of the goal from 25 yards through no fault of Cornell?

You asked for it Matey - yr opening statement is a classic of misplaced justification for yr anti Cornell crusade. Talk about  self inflicted damage!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2018, 13:45:19 pm »

I didn’t think he did touch it,

..... I bet he didn’t!
Report Spam   Logged

OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2018, 14:00:56 pm »

You asked for it Matey - yr opening statement is a classic of misplaced justification for yr anti Cornell crusade. Talk about  self inflicted damage!

To be fair, the ball was struck central of the goal. Cornell started in the center of goal. The ball ends up in the middle of the goal net, with Cornell finishing even outside the goalpost.

I really don't know why he should be exempt for criticism for effectively diving out of the way of the ball?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2018, 15:25:05 pm »

Problem for those who didn't go on Saturday and possibly only saw highlights, is that they missed the generally confident and assured performance from Cornell! How many of Ricky Holmes' wonder goals (similar to Carlisle's first) are attributed to goalkeeping howlers?
I haven't been his greatest fan...but he's no poor man's Chris Dunn - Mr Howler personified!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 15:27:11 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2018, 15:50:11 pm »

Problem for those who didn't go on Saturday and possibly only saw highlights, is that they missed the generally confident and assured performance from Cornell! How many of Ricky Holmes' wonder goals (similar to Carlisle's first) are attributed to goalkeeping howlers?
I haven't been his greatest fan...but he's no poor man's Chris Dunn - Mr Howler personified!

There you have it from Coolie - which I class as fairminded and constructive opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2018, 16:03:17 pm »

Think this is a fair assessment.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2018, 16:12:53 pm »

It's not that he's bad, it's just all our previous keepers have been better.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2018, 16:26:15 pm »

It's not that he's bad, it's just all our previous keepers have been better.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. We've been lucky to have a lot of outstanding keepers over the years and Cornell suffers in comparison. I don't think he's a bad keeper at all, but while I can't think of any massive rickets he's made, for some reason he doesn't fill me with confidence either.

I feel a bit sorry for him, actually; he gets criticised a lot for not really doing  anything wrong!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2018, 17:20:39 pm »

Bang on.

Ive been a huge critic of Mr Cornell but only when in my mind its been justified. He's got the shirt, its his to lose. And he's playing well at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2018, 17:44:02 pm »

................I really don't know why he should be exempt for criticism for effectively diving out of the way of the ball?

He is not exempt from Criticism at all - why should he be? There’s criticism with a modicum of constructive input or severe criticism based on hostile personal opinion. Every time I have seen Cornell he has been ok!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2018, 17:51:29 pm »

To be fair, the ball was struck central of the goal. Cornell started in the center of goal. The ball ends up in the middle of the goal net, with Cornell finishing even outside the goalpost.

I really don't know why he should be exempt for criticism for effectively diving out of the way of the ball?

Have studied the highlights and the ball went in well right of centre not to far off from the right post! So from the highlights I cannot quite understand how you say ‘middle of the goal net’!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2018, 17:55:49 pm »

Bang on.

Ive been a huge critic of Mr Cornell but only when in my mind its been justified. He's got the shirt, its his to lose. And he's playing well at the moment.

I appreciated yr match report as well Drillers free from bias and personal prejudice. Good stuff - keep it up!
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2018, 18:43:39 pm »

Problem for those who didn't go on Saturday and possibly only saw highlights, is that they missed the generally confident and assured performance from Cornell!

Not just Carlisle - pretty much the same against Lincoln.

Maybe not out best keeper in history but certainly not the worst
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2018, 19:37:40 pm »

Have studied the highlights and the ball went in well right of centre not to far off from the right post! So from the highlights I cannot quite understand how you say ‘middle of the goal net’!

You're kidding right? It went down the middle, look at the shadow for goodness sake!
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2018, 20:00:46 pm »

Still NOBODY offering any sort of an explanation for how a 25 yarder into the middle of the goal is not a goalkeeping error.

The village idiot has had a crack with an attempt to deny readily available visual evidence to PROVE that it is clearly the middle of the goal.

Anyone with any crrefibility got anything to dispute or explain the facts?
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2018, 20:11:10 pm »

I was there and agree he kicked well and his handling was good.  The trouble is he gave away two goals that are bread and butter saves to a decent keeper. The first is really well struck and dips a bit,  but it only looks like a “wonder goal” because he gets nowhere near it. I honestly don’t remember any of Ricky’s flying into the middle the goal.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3232

« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2018, 20:17:26 pm »

Still NOBODY offering any sort of an explanation for how a 25 yarder into the middle of the goal is not a goalkeeping error.

The village idiot has had a crack with an attempt to deny readily available visual evidence to PROVE that it is clearly the middle of the goal.

Anyone with any crrefibility got anything to dispute or explain the facts?
Difficult to talk about crrefibility when you clearly have no crrefibility
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2018, 20:33:23 pm »

I was there and agree he kicked well and his handling was good.  The trouble is he gave away two goals that are bread and butter saves to a decent keeper. The first is really well struck and dips a bit,  but it only looks like a “wonder goal” because he gets nowhere near it. I honestly don’t remember any of Ricky’s flying into the middle the goal.

Seeing as you keep banging on about it:

Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2018, 20:44:10 pm »

It’s easy enough to produce smart @rse responses of no substance. Again though,  I invite you or anyone else to enlighten my ignorant mind on how the ball hit the middle of the goal from 25 yards through no fault of Cornell?

Try that...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: