The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:48:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Carlisle United away

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carlisle United away  (Read 12537 times)
Alfred

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2018, 18:32:42 pm »

See, I don’t think it is the wow saves that are the issue. Not making routine saves, or even getting close to making them, is the issue.

i agree  .... they are what i class "got us out the shat saves"

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2018, 18:46:05 pm »

The problem with Cornel is that he dosnt make "saves"..... i know some wont understand this statment but its the "wow" saves or the "he's got us out the shat" saves he dosnt make

Did he not tip one on to the post early on yesterday?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Alfred

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2018, 19:16:17 pm »

Did he not tip one on to the post early on yesterday?

From where we were sat i couldn't honestly tell you .... but my comments are based on every time ive seen him play,  not a shot from distance that hit the post,  of course id argue he should of turned it round the post.

Hes a good GK,  but isnt good enough IMHO
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2018, 19:33:23 pm »

I didn’t think he did touch it, but was it a corner afterwards? If so it is a good save.

There has been a lot said on here about how bad yesterday was. It was not a great performance and it is very much a work in progress. But away from home, we had decent spells of possession and pressure, created plenty of good chances, scored two goals and restricted them to shots from the edge of the box. Unfortunately two of those long range efforts went in, one in the middle of the goal, the other a poorly struck effort a yard inside the post. That’s why we didn’t win.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2018, 20:03:12 pm »

He's never a #1 keeper. No idea why he started the season in the XI.

The Chron reporter was there and said he did ok using words like assured etc.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2018, 20:18:36 pm »

The problem with Cornel is that he dosnt make "saves"..... i know some wont understand this statment but its the "wow" saves or the "he's got us out the shat" saves he dosnt make

Think Smith,  Ingram and ROD,  they all made those kind of saves.

DC is decent on pennos,  ill give him that

I am sorry to see you join the anti Cornell faction ; normally you are pretty well fair minded and balanced with your criticism of players. Hope we all don't fall into the 'Archer' type syndrome who incidentally had a good game for Millwall yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

Macc Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2018, 23:17:56 pm »

Carlisle's second goal, was actually better than seemed on the day, but still a poor goal to concede with the back four all over the place.

Speaking with a couple of Carlisle supporters they asked if Pierre was the same player who played for Wycombe, and could not believe how far backwards he had gone.

Odoffin's inexperience was exposed, but thought Buchannan was off the pace too.

Rather than 4-4-2 it looked like we were playing 4-2-4, looking good going forward but looking awful when defending, relying on last ditch blocking (mainly by Taylor).

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2018, 07:14:59 am »

It's fact because it will happen if we persevere with players that are simply not good enough

I refer you to my previous post...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2018, 07:21:34 am »

I know very little about goalkeeping...

You could have left it there...
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2018, 07:30:43 am »

Ive a very different take on yesterdays game than most it seems.

My main point is that I can see exactly what Deano is trying to do. Every time one of our players receives the ball it is clear the instructions are to play it. NOT HOOF IT. This resulted in many misplaced passes, but it also ensured that when we had a dominating spell we looked very very good.

Crooks was pretty much the best case study of this. Terrible in the first half, was walking a tight rope to just stay on the pitch before being sent off. Id have subbed him at half time. Second half, he ran the show for us in midfield WITH THE BALL, scored, looked like a totally different player and not one whose move had broken down during the week!

The game itself was the most enjoyable Cobblers match Ive watched for a long long time. Both teams played good football, looked very poor defensively and it could have ended up 5-5. A draw in the end was definitely a fair reflection.

Our biggest weak link by far was in the right back position. Based on yesterdays game, the new lad was Ashley Corker-esque! He just couldn't defend basically, and they targeted his side throughout. He was also very close to getting himself sent off.

I don't think our overall problem though is the back4 itself, they just don't get any protection. If I was the manager Id be looking to bring in a Jason Taylor type of player quickly. Obviously, McWilliams can do that job but he's the only one we've got who can. We need him back, and I reckon wed have won yesterday with him in the side. Mitigation as well because once Crooks had been booked, we had no one to put a foot in because JJOT seemed to be away with the fairies and was practically non-existent!

The subs also made us weaker, this is the 3rd game I've seen on the trot where this has happened. Walsall away, last week and yesterday. I didn't go to the Oldham game at the end of last season. This is my only really concern with Dean Austin at the moment.

But credit where credits due. The effort levels were bang on, the intent to play football was great to see, we didn't dick around time wasting and was trying to win the match right until the bitter end. Its a dangerous game but to play it we need to make better subs. Or in yesterdays case, less subs. The Waters for Williams was a change for change sake.

Finally fair play to the two players I've given most flak to. KVV was my mom, ironically I knew he was starting yesterday from 'inside information' I received on Friday - which I was hardly gonna share given Im a fan and don't want the opposition knowing of our plans!  Grin I had a real feeling that he'd score and I've never predicted that before a game until yesterday!  Grin

Cornell. Someone said his distribution was poor. I thought it was bloody brilliant! His handling throughout was excellent and as far as Im concerned he's got the shirt and its his to lose. The boy is doing well at the moment.

You were looking through my eyes, agree with all of that apart from, aside from the two defensive lapses, we should have won it.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2018, 07:34:48 am »

Cornell is a poor mans Chris Dunn and if DA keeps playing him I think he will get him the sack.
DA has a keeper on loan from Reading, he needs to play him!
The fact we still can't keep a clean sheet is very worrying even though we've dropped into the pub league.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2018, 07:41:05 am »

Cornell is a poor mans Chris Dunn and if DA keeps playing him I think he will get him the sack.
The fact we still can't keep a clean sheet is very worrying even though we've dropped into the pub league.

A 21 year old keeper who has never played a league game and wasn't all that for Aldershot last season?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:59 am »

Yep that's how bad Cornell is, care to ask Oldham fans what they think of him  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2018, 07:58:01 am »

This and Hoskins for me will prove to be his downfall. I think Cornell is okay and don't think he played overly badly on Saturday. In fact the comments about his distribution are correct. But there's a reason he's only played 70 senior games at the age of 27 and the simple fact is that he's not very good.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2018, 08:01:50 am »

You could have left it there...

It’s easy enough to produce smart @rse responses of no substance. Again though,  I invite you or anyone else to enlighten my ignorant mind on how the ball hit the middle of the goal from 25 yards through no fault of Cornell?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2018, 08:30:17 am »

Cornell is receiving lots of criticism (as always). But the new keeper (Ward) has a hand injury, Goff is on loan and Coddington was on the bench.

We have a new goalkeeping coach that watch these goalkeepers everyday in training, they clearly feel at this point Cornell deserves a chance, how about just getting behind him for a change.
Report Spam   Logged
Stag

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:47 am »

Cornell is receiving lots of criticism (as always). But the new keeper (Ward) has a hand injury, Goff is on loan and Coddington was on the bench.

We have a new goalkeeping coach that watch these goalkeepers everyday in training, they clearly feel at this point Cornell deserves a chance, how about just getting behind him for a change.

Literally!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2018, 11:56:55 am »

I've seen enough of Cornell to know he's not good enough, the most important position on the pitch is one of our weakest.
The fact we gave him a 2 year extension beggars belief IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2018, 12:51:45 pm »

I felt Cornell could have saved both Carlisle goals. Give Lewis Ward the starting spot.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2018, 13:27:31 pm »

Literally!

?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up