The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:10:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Unsettling the U's - Saturday 18 August

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsettling the U's - Saturday 18 August  (Read 11927 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2018, 17:15:16 pm »

Happy to amend that adj. Always wanted to use Devastating as a positive for a Cobblers player! Should imagine that Walsalls left back was left pretty dizzy after that display. DA took him off for GKW. Please suggest best appropriate adj for Crooks performance that day.

Devastating seemed fair to me. He was phenomenal.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2018, 17:21:20 pm »

Agreed and most of us were surprised when he was replaced, not knowing that he was injured at the time..
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest47

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2018, 17:21:35 pm »

Happy to amend that adj. Always wanted to use Devastating as a positive for a Cobblers player! Should imagine that Walsalls left back was left pretty dizzy after that display. DA took him off for GKW. Please suggest best appropriate adj for Crooks performance that day.

I thought he was devastating too. Mind you, it would be silly to put our best midfielder out on the wing.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2018, 18:26:30 pm »

Mind you, it would be silly to put our best midfielder out on the wing.

It will be nailed on then  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3063

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2018, 18:34:53 pm »

Foley is a decent player. He's no Jon Joe but he also isn't carrying an injury. Playing injured players smacks of desperation by Austin. I could understand it if it was the other end of the season and we were in a battle to stay up or go up but the second game of the season when we have other options, bad move all round.

Foley should continue until Jon Joe is fully fit.

I agree with you Mr Obvious. That's a step in the right direction.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2018, 19:21:28 pm »

1-2
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2018, 19:56:29 pm »

1-2
Checking your mic?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2018, 22:59:31 pm »

1-2
"Wouldn't it be nice" if you could be positive but "I get around" to seeing your posts and "God only knows" what goes through your mind  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2018, 23:28:25 pm »

Checking your mic?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2018, 08:25:38 am »

Sounds like McWilliams is fit which would be a great boost if so.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2018, 10:18:25 am »

"Wouldn't it be nice" if you could be positive but "I get around" to seeing your posts and "God only knows" what goes through your mind  Wink

Ouch
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2018, 11:41:06 am »

Just a bit of net surfing roger Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2018, 11:47:59 am »

McWilliams has become more important than JJOT to this time IMO. If he's fit and ready to go and we're sticking with 4-4-2 I'd even go as far as to say I'd prefer him and Crooks centrally with JJOT from the bench!

Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2018, 13:16:36 pm »

What a bonus if McWilliams is fit for this game .
Him partnering Crooks in the centre is a great combination .
Sounds like Bowditch might get the call wide .
There really is not a lot to choose between Powell , Bowditch , Hoskins and Waters . It’s two from four and hope for the best .
KVV and Williams up front .
We have to beat Cambridge at home . Simple as that .
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2018, 13:51:46 pm »

If we lose Saturday our points per game ratio will be worse under DA than even JFH.

If we win how would that compare to managers over the last 30 years with the same number of games?
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2018, 13:52:07 pm »

We looked very good in the Lincoln game before Shaun got injured, as he was doing a lot of the unseen defensive work and it allowed O’Toole to play in the more advanced role. Up until this point we were all over Lincoln and missed at least two built edge chances to put us in front. As soon as John-Joe dropped back and Bridge came on we lost the balance that the three man midfield had given us - Bridge also played very poorly that day. We had been pressing high up the pitch which had forced the Lincoln defence into making mistakes and it was really working for us.

I’d like to see us go back to this 4-3-3 system as I really don’t think the 4-4-2 suits us. Also we should really drop Buchs. As much as he is loved, he is an easy ride for the better wingers as he stands off and gives far to much time and space to cross. Get Turnbull in and tell him to be aggressive. I also think we could use Andy Williams out wide in the forward three as he is quicker than people give him credit for, brings people into play well and he bends runs into channels well. He’d bring the overlapping Crooks / O’Toole / Facey into the game high up the pitch and would add another aerial threat for crosses from the other flank.

Team:
Ward - Facey, Taylor, Pierre, Turnbull - O’Toole, McWilliams, Crooks - Williams, Van Veen, Powell
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2018, 14:08:18 pm »

Interesting idea but not sure about it personally. I'm not sure you'd want Williams being responsible for an attack minded full back as he would have to be from that position. You might be right that he is quicker than he looks but I'd still want a bit more pace from my wide players in a 4-3-3. Also, I'd have reservations about KvV as a lone striker.

Sadly, I don't think there is a particular formation that suits us well, whatever we go for someone will have to play out of position. We have 3 who really should start in midfield and we probably need to play 2 of our available strikers. We don't have wing backs to play the obvious 5-3-2. Reluctantly, if everyone is fit I'd stay 4-4-2 with Crooks as a wide midfielder with a bit of freedom. Two from Willaims, KvV and Morais up front.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 14:14:31 pm by EssTeeFree » Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2018, 11:47:43 am »

Cobblers evens on Bet 365. Definitely worth a punt and feature in my accumulator

Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2018, 12:11:27 pm »

IF we are tight at the back, get balls up to the midfield and strikers quickly, We should win this.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2018, 12:27:02 pm »

McWilliams has become more important than JJOT to this team.

Not for me, JJOT is a goal scorer which is something we lack so even if you didn’t have him in central midfield I’d take him over any of our misfiring attacking players and play him behind the striker.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: