The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:09:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Morecambes demise '

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecambes demise '  (Read 12515 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 13:12:33 pm »

No chance. We're too weak defensively and will be overly reliant on KvV and Crooks offensively. Hoskins and Powell  will be our downfall this season.

The definition to weak defensively is too encompassing, try inconsistent?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 14:17:12 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2018, 13:16:30 pm »

Really??

The year we won the league we started with 1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses. How is the third league game of the season a must win? As someone mentioned on the Dean Austin thread, let's see where we are 10-15 games in before making such ludicrous statements!

He’s right Irchy - yr ludicrous!
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2018, 13:21:42 pm »

The definition to weak defensively is to encompassing, try inconsistent?

We're consistently sh*t at defending. Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2018, 13:35:28 pm »

Let’s see how ludicrous it is if we get turned over tonight - in an ideal world Austin would get 10-15 games but if results and defending continue to be poor there won’t be much patience shown.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2018, 13:36:21 pm »

This season can still turn out ok. A good result tonight will help to give a boast. Forward line looks good and attacking midfield is fit for purpose.
 Defending does look poor at the moment, last season was one too many for Buch's making him a passenger this year. The young right back looks green but should come good, maybe doesnt need to be  a first choice at the moment. Centre halves need to be sorted out as nobody seems to be taking control. Can be sorted, so down to the coaching team to get busy.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2018, 13:46:49 pm »

Just to be a pedant, we started off with 2 wins. Rest was accurate.

I think it's a must win tonight but purely for team confidence.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2018, 13:50:15 pm »

PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!

We ain't won yet, so better sack the manager....REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT!

Fvcking jokers some of our so called supporters...

For the first time sionce Wilder, we are actually being ENTERTAINED by playing attacing football (exactly what we wanted & what DA promised)

Have we been battered in any game? No
Could we have won every game played so far? Yes

IT WILL TAKE TIME FFS, but the fayre on show is night and day compared to RP, JED & JFH

Sammo said back end of last season that the club needed an identity...

DA is trying to give us that so look at the bigger picture you negative fvckers!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2018, 14:19:32 pm »

Nope - it’s only some worldies that’s all. Unlike you to get so negative?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2018, 14:23:06 pm »

Last time at Morecambe you led the community singing etc?
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2018, 14:25:44 pm »

Not a must win game in terms of it sending us up or down but must win in terms of the quality of opposition.

If we can't beat these we're in a dark place relating to how we compare
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2018, 14:28:19 pm »

PANIC PANIC PANIC!!!

We ain't won yet, so better sack the manager....REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT!

Fvcking jokers some of our so called supporters...

For the first time sionce Wilder, we are actually being ENTERTAINED by playing attacing football (exactly what we wanted & what DA promised)

Have we been battered in any game? No
Could we have won every game played so far? Yes

IT WILL TAKE TIME FFS, but the fayre on show is night and day compared to RP, JED & JFH

Sammo said back end of last season that the club needed an identity...

DA is trying to give us that so look at the bigger picture you negative fvckers!

Well said.

IMO DA was pretty much spot on when he said that the the team is 'pretty close'. As the season progresses the majority of issues will be ironed out through coaching and increased confidence as the wins begin to come in, which they will. A few points:

Many seem to have written off Williams already despite his only playing 3 games so far. I for one expect him to come good and be a regular scorer this season.

O'Toole hasn't played without being hindered by an injury and McWilliams has only played for less than half an hour, 2 of our 4 best midfielders! Let's wait and see until they have a decent run in the side together.

VV has only played twice and has yet to feature alongside O'Toole/McWilliams.

Morias has only made 1 short sub appearance in the league and will take a little time to get up to match fitness.

Ward may yet come good, despite many writing him off after his debut and only appearance so far, where he was also playing with a splint in his finger!

Facey is also yet to feature in the league. One of our best defenders!

As players come into the team and gradually hit form all these things will knit together and the team should be well placed for a promotion push.

I feel an exciting season is ahead.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2018, 14:44:08 pm »

We did not beat the League favourites Lincoln because the defenders missed FOUR one on ones!!!!!!! Correct?

I agree with memyhead and to back it up I've just had £20 on us winning promotion at 20-1.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2018, 14:50:52 pm »

It would be good to get the excuses down now in case we actually lose.

1.They raised there game knowing that one of the L2 giants were coming to play.  
2.Ref.
3.The moon is rising in Uranus.
4.Dr Feelgood ran out of ironing.
5.Freak gust of wind.
6.Cursed by an old woman on her bike/broom that the team bus cut up on the way to the ground.
7.Wrong type of grass on the pitch.
8.Yellow kit.
9.One of the ball boys/girls were too slow in collecting the ball for us.
10. The ghost of Eric Morecambe distracting our players with his paper bag trick.

Feel free to get yours out of the way also.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 14:53:00 pm by Ron Obvious » Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2018, 14:55:22 pm »

Agree that a win is needed for confidence purposes. While I think this team is good enough to get promoted out of League 2, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing how good we are and how DA wouldn't swap his team for any other in the division. It's good that he has confidence in his team and I'm sure he's working them hard, but it's results that count.

Last season we were hearing the whole year from JFH and players how it was all going to turn around and basically that we were too good to go down, just as we did when we went down with Stuart Gray. Until we start winning, by all means give praise where it's due, but I'd like to hear a bit of criticism from DA of our performances too and more of the fighting talk we heard when he took over at the end of last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2018, 16:06:14 pm »

We did not beat the League favourites Lincoln because the defenders missed FOUR one on ones!!!!!!! Correct?

I agree with memyhead and to back it up I've just had £20 on us winning promotion at 20-1.

Correct. I've slated our wingers on other threads.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2018, 16:09:32 pm »

I said it last season... I'm always much more entertained when we're in League Two. Just frustrating we haven't been good enough to beat some real under par sides.

I've backed us to score 4 or more tonight though. Morecambe look terrible this year.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest47

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2018, 16:22:17 pm »

I said it last season... I'm always much more entertained when we're in League Two. Just frustrating we haven't been good enough to beat some real under par sides.

I've backed us to score 4 or more tonight though. Morecambe look terrible this year.

it sounds wrong but I know what you mean. It's just that in recent years we simply haven't been good enough to compete properly at League One. Mind you, struggling in League Two is pretty hard to accept at any level.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2018, 17:14:49 pm »

struggling in League Two is pretty hard to accept at any level.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2018, 17:31:19 pm »

Last time at Morecambe you led the community singing etc?

Last time at Morecambe was a fantastic day. Pretty gutted to not be there tonight as I've only ever seen us win there in my 4 visits  Wink I'm confident we will tonight though. Enjoy the game if you've gone up there  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2018, 17:38:08 pm »

I'd say it's a 'must win' game purely because Morecambe are so incredibly, undeniably s***e, anything other than a win is inconceivable!

No pressure then!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: