The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:45:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Morecambes demise '

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecambes demise '  (Read 12488 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2018, 21:45:12 pm »

These players largely took us down with a whimper .
Why on earth does anyone think they are good enough to take us up .
I don’t think Austin thinks they are either but he couldn’t churn them in the summer .
He said he wanted characters in the dressing room this season . Well that hasn’t happened .
This will be a long season
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2018, 21:47:46 pm »

I don’t think Austin thinks they are either but he couldn’t churn them in the summer .
He said he wanted characters in the dressing room this season . Well that hasn’t happened .

He also said he wouldn't swap this squad for any other in the league........
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2018, 21:51:53 pm »

Absolutely, on numerous occasions he has said they are good enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2018, 21:54:12 pm »

He could and should have done more to get rid of at least 5 or 6. We needed big changes, he didn't impliment that. It will cost him his job come xmas unless things change massively.
Report Spam   Logged
LovelyMilkyMilky

View Profile
Topic Starter Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2018, 22:07:35 pm »

It’s a quote. For the press.

He’s hardly likely to go with “I’d love to ship a dozen of these out, but nobody wants them”  is he?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2018, 22:08:29 pm »

Massaging their egos doesn't work does it?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2018, 22:12:04 pm »

He’s hardly likely to go with “I’d love to ship a dozen of these out, but nobody wants them”  is he?

Why not?? I thought he told it like it is??

After Cambridge he said we're nearly there and are going to give someone a beating....after tonight he says he doesn't know whats wrong! More quotes "for the press"?

It doesnt matter what he says to the press really does it? We've got mainly the same squad as last season....and that squad has now won just TWO of their last 19 games.
Report Spam   Logged

sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2018, 22:27:00 pm »

It's all about Momentum ....

Back in the Day when we went all those games unbeaten .....we knew how to win & about game management......even when perhaps, we shouldn't have !

Now we are a bunch of gutless prima donnas who are not up for a fight ( which is what this awful league is all about)...who are perennial failures .

The Cheap Option is not usually the BEST Option Imo.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2018, 22:29:01 pm »

Confidence is shot ...BUT,just as this game was supposed to be a walk in the park & just turn up ...Saturday , we must be odds on certainties to lose......& what do Cobblers teams down the ages do in situations like this ..... Huh? Well we can hope .
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2018, 22:29:39 pm »

Sorry if missed this but...SKY has Morecambe keeper, Barry Roche sent off in 86th for serious foul play!
Nowt here or on official site! Any of the 230 diehards care to comment?
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2018, 22:30:36 pm »

Sorry if missed this but...SKY has Morecambe keeper, Barry Roche sent off in 86th for serious foul play!
Nowt here or on official site! Any of the 230 diehards care to comment?
Been chatting to the Trust Bus, 2 yellows.
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2018, 22:31:38 pm »

Well that was crap.

Might well miss the next 16 months as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2018, 22:43:51 pm »

Further to the posts above.....Austin says he wouldnt swap this squad for any other in league 2, and then after tonights game he says “I think we might have just turned up tonight thinking that we’ve got a really good team and a really good squad of players and we’re just going to play our game"

Well Dean......you said it......!!
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2018, 22:44:49 pm »

He didn't need to say either.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2018, 22:57:00 pm »

I thought before the season, if Cornell is our keeper then the best we can hope for is mid table. Apparently he made a couple of saves tonight BUT I don't think the defence have any confidence in him at all and that affects them. Look at his record, all our recent managers have gave him a chance to prove himself but they all realised that he's not up to it. Whoever decided to offer him a new contract really needs to start looking for a new job, it was obvious that he isn't good enough for League football. If DA sticks with him, it will cost him his job, I've been watching the Cobblers for over 50 years and I'm struggling to think of a worse keeper.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2018, 23:00:30 pm »

I really hope this squad turn out to have more backbone than you miserable feckers….It's still August ffs
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2018, 23:06:21 pm »

I really hope this squad turn out to have more backbone than you miserable feckers….It's still August ffs
They have yet to display any of it in the last two years...
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2018, 23:21:43 pm »

I thought before the season, if Cornell is our keeper then the best we can hope for is mid table. Apparently he made a couple of saves tonight BUT I don't think the defence have any confidence in him at all and that affects them. Look at his record, all our recent managers have gave him a chance to prove himself but they all realised that he's not up to it. Whoever decided to offer him a new contract really needs to start looking for a new job, it was obvious that he isn't good enough for League football. If DA sticks with him, it will cost him his job, I've been watching the Cobblers for over 50 years and I'm struggling to think of a worse keeper.

I echo that Roger ........Exactly right !

He did say he would bring an experienced Keeper in and what did we get Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2018, 23:28:56 pm »

I suppose Cornell should take the blame for the 77 conceded last year too? Our defence was diabolical with both Ingram and O'Donnell behind them. Their performances so far this season have nothing to do with Cornell. I agree he's far from the best of keepers but not having faith in your keeper shouldn't make you defend as terribly as we do.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2018, 23:35:15 pm »

Well said, Gaz!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: