The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:47:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Morecambes demise '

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecambes demise '  (Read 12531 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2018, 14:11:26 pm »

You are right  Wink - watching on TV gives you a much better close up view of many of the incidents -

I know you have a thing about armchair fans expressing an opinion but on this we must agree to differ.

Armchair critics are perfectly entitled to their opinion; some as you know tend to present their comments as facts! When challenged they get very defensive to put it mildly.  You do like posting pompous messages and I am with Coolie that people who witness a game in person are more reliable than TV extracts. Common sense really. You only have to look at some of the comments after the 1-0 defeat last night to appreciate that.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 15:17:22 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3023

« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2018, 14:22:10 pm »

Armchair critics are perfectly entitled to their opinion; some as you know tend to present their comments as facts! When challenged they get very defensive to put it mildly.  You do like posting pompous messages and I am with Coolie that people who witness a game in person are more reliable than TV extracts. Common sence really. You only have to look at some of the comments after the 1-0 defeat last night to appreciate that.

Extracts? What about watching the full match? FWIW I think the team didn't play badly in first half, for a decent period looked the most likely to open the scoring and should have had at least one goal. After half time for 30+ minutes they were dreadful however. I still reckon a draw would have been a fair reflection of the game.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2018, 14:23:27 pm »

It's all a matter of his self importance. You won't be able to reason with that I'm afraid.
t

Ha ha says the mischief maker at Stevenage (standing in a  seated area). You did well to infuriate many on here with your poor attitude.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2018, 14:32:46 pm »

Extracts? What about watching the full match? FWIW I think the team didn't play badly in first half, for a decent period looked the most likely to open the scoring and should have had at least one goal. After half time for 30+ minutes they were dreadful however. I still reckon a draw would have been a fair reflection of the game.

Those who choose to watch the game on iplayer are always going to say that as I would too! So what is your point please?
Report Spam   Logged

just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2018, 14:56:05 pm »

I didn't go to the game or watch on ifollow so hope I won't be critised for my below opinions:

Some good saves by Cornell but absolutely dreadful positioning for the goal (and criminal defending too, where are the centre backs??). Buchs having his usual moan but justified in this instance.

Who's their keeper at the end of the highlights? Might be worth making an enquiry in January. Better than our current options.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2018, 14:56:59 pm »

Rubbish from start to finish apart from the amount of time you have been watching the Cobblers. As for a worse keeper, we have three on our books. Think on.

We have plenty of poor players and a poor manager. Why pick on tonight's man of the match Cornell?

Cornell wasn't Cobblers' MOM.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2018, 15:04:39 pm »

Utter bull - if it was'nt for Cornell it would have been at least 2 or 3-0 to them. He and Taylor kept us in the game. Taylor was ok tonight; passing was marginally better than last Saturday!

Cornell made one decent save, the others were saves he should be making. A good illustration of that point is that the outfield player who went in goal for them made three saves of at least similar quality, and got a better punch on the ball than what Cornell managed shortly before their goal. A 'keeper making routine saves is like a midfielder making routine passes in the middle, it's what's expected of his position.

What did you think to the goal? The defence was all out of sync. Facey and Taylor holding a high line while Buchanan and Barnett were dropping too deep allowed the goal to happen. Down to poor work on the training ground or something else?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2018, 15:08:48 pm »

Armchair critics are perfectly entitled to their opinion; some as you know tend to present their comments as facts! When challenged they get very defensive to put it mildly.  You do like posting pompous messages and I am with Coolie that people who witness a game in person are more reliable than TV extracts. Common sence really. You only have to look at some of the comments after the 1-0 defeat last night to appreciate that.

Your views are about as reliable as a chocolate teapot Nevers
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2018, 15:14:12 pm »

Suggest you read and inwardly digest The Chrons report on the game including player ratings.Its pretty accurate too.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2018, 15:16:31 pm »

I didn't go to the game or watch on ifollow so hope I won't be critised for my below opinions:

At least you are honest and I at least appreciated your comments. Keep 'em coming!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2018, 15:20:49 pm »

Grin Grin Grin

See you at Camulodunum Einstein.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2018, 15:22:01 pm »

Who was then, the bus driver ?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2018, 15:29:46 pm »

And yours are as welcome as sand paper underpants. Some on here seem might pay good money for that kind of thing though.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2018, 15:34:16 pm »

t

Ha ha says the mischief maker at Stevenage (standing in a  seated area). You did well to infuriate many on here with your poor attitude.

Says the prick that thought punching a minor was justified due to standing. For what it’s worth and don’t know how much I can say but the police didn’t share your pathetic stance on the issue.

I bet I follow is a dream for you as there will be many more informed opinions that you can attempt to belittle.

There seriously needs to be a block function on here so idiots like you can become invisible.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2018, 15:36:06 pm »

And yours are as welcome as sand paper underpants. Some on here seem might pay good money for that kind of thing though.

definitely an ouch Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2018, 15:40:44 pm »

It's deeply frustrating but I think we have to stick with DA and hope he turns it around. Very difficult for him to bring players in when we have so many unwanted ones on the books. At least a weakened youth team are still winning.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2018, 15:59:55 pm »

Says the prick that thought punching a minor was justified due to standing. For what it’s worth and don’t know how much I can say but the police didn’t share your pathetic stance on the issue.

I bet I follow is a dream for you as there will be many more informed opinions that you can attempt to belittle.

There seriously needs to be a block function on here so idiots like you can become invisible.

I certainly did not defend the people who wished (on here) to punch a minor. Please apologise and withdraw that accusation as its manifestly untrue. My stance on the issue which was common at the time was that your behaviour was unreasonable; you managed to unite this board in critizing your disruptive and disgraceful attitude. Another thing I find some of your comments indecipherable - please clarify your 2nd sentence and 2nd para. Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2018, 16:08:32 pm »

You only have to look at some of the comments after the 1-0 defeat last night to appreciate that.

We were absolutely s***e, end of.

Are you sure you were there?  It may well be the only first time I have seen Ash Taylor play, but he was crap last night.  I'd rather have Irvine Gernon in the centre of our defence.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
guest3023

« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2018, 16:12:32 pm »

Suggest you read and inwardly digest The Chrons report on the game including player ratings.Its pretty accurate too.

I watched the game so I'll make up my own mind.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2018, 16:23:31 pm »

Who was then, the bus driver ?

All players made errors last night, including Cornell. Crooks missed a sitter and played a pass too short which put the team under pressure. Apart from that he had another decent game and was influential, especially in the first half. Facey was also good and got forward a lot to put in several good crosses. Despite my misgivings about Buchanan he seemed to have a solid enough match to me, no less of a performer than Cornell. Van Veen also put in a shift and while not as influential as Saturday, still did well. Morais was full of running and did very well to fashion a shooting chance and test their stand-in 'keeper. He also was clever to draw the foul from the 'keeper to get him his second yellow. All these were as 'deserving' as MOM than Cornell, though really nobody deserved it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: