The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:21:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Colchester comeback?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colchester comeback?  (Read 12949 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2018, 19:43:36 pm »

9) Finally at least give some credit to Morecambe passer of the thru ball and above all to Ajay who scored a fine goal executed with aplomb and skill. Cornell did what he did to prevent the goal and to suggest he didn't was churlish in the extreme.

Credit to the fluid, incisive, free scoring morecambe. Their striker done well to kick the ball in a straight line into an empty net. Clinical really.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2018, 19:49:16 pm »

Credit to the fluid, incisive, free scoring morecambe. Their striker done well to kick the ball in a straight line into an empty net. Clinical really.

Sarcasm me thinks - I wish we had him on that performance he was outstanding all night.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3181

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2018, 19:50:22 pm »

Good point - just like that 3rd Colchester goal in the 1971 highlights that some wonderful chap posted earlier.  Except, Morecambe had the ball fall to their guy's feet, instead of a headed challenge.

Nearly 50 years on, and teams still fall for that same sucker punch.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2018, 19:59:14 pm »

Ridiculous view point!

1) The goal came as a result of that stray pass - fact
2) Dont invent things to support your argument - it was in our half, his pass went to one of their guys on the half way line who immediately pumped it forward.
3) I know its hard for you to accept that this error at a stroke pulled our defensive out of position; but it did.
4) Crooks nearly gave a goal away before the first goal by a wayward back pass to Taylor - fortunately we got away with it.
5) In chatting with supporters after the game no blame was apportioned to Cornell. Nobody went to great lengths to fault his positioning. It really is typical that a few incl you go to great lenghts to apportion blame via the highlights which as you know are always edited.
6) One poster on here suggested that his positioning was fine its just that Ajay was too quick and skillful to plant the ball out of Cornells reach.
7) You really ought to get to more games instead of hiding behind bigoted opinion to prove a false point. Had you been there I am sure you would have had a different opinion. From highlights for which omitted the initial incident you base your argument on theories and suppostions. Try reading Deepcuts  opinion of the game/Cornell and settle for that.
8 ) Look at Cornells/Buchs reaction after the goal.
9) At least give some credit to the Morecambe passer of the thru ball and above all to Ajay who scored a fine goal executed with aplomb and skill. Cornell did what he could to prevent the goal and to suggest he didn't was churlish in the extreme.
10) I dont think Cornell is a top Goalie and people maybe right in saying he is not our nos 1. But he is the player selected by DA and we dont really as yet have anybody good enough to replace him. As they say on here - Move on and stop whinging.

1. Nonsense.
2. Nonsense. Their player was well inside their own half.
3. Your opinion. The defence shouldn't be so easily 'pulled out of position', IMO laughable to suggest otherwise.
4. And? Crooks played a terrible sideways-backwards pass too short well inside the defensive half, gifting them possession and a shooting chance. The fact that this did not result in a goal indicates that my point regarding blaming Hoskins as ridiculous is correct.
5. So what. The footage clearly shows otherwise.
6. And?
7. I beg your pardon? Bigoted viewpoint? I watched the game on Ifollow, so had as good a position as many in the ground I expect. Should I settle for taking someone else's opinion instead of my own? How about I don't thank you very much!
8. So what?
9. What does 'giving credit for the pass' have to do with anything when it comes to Cornell's positioning? The pass was nothing special.
10. Nah.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2018, 20:25:06 pm »

I'm sorry but I find this a ridiculous viewpoint. I can't remember Hoskins' bad pass, but I'll take your word for it. How can you honestly apportion blame for the goal on Hoskins for giving away possession in the opposition half when the goal was conceded literally seconds later?

How many times does that happen in football? Even the best players give away possession in the oppositions half occasionally and I'd guess it must be pretty rare to then concede from such an error only seconds later.

I also disagree that it was 'instantaneous' their player had time to control the ball, look up for a runner to pass to. This and the fact that the ball was fairly high gave plenty of time for the defence to anticipate it.

I maybe guilty in posting on the wrong thread.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 20:28:13 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3181

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2018, 22:12:35 pm »

May I summarise my position about all this "we go again", "we will do better", "we must do this that, etc....."

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2018, 23:27:25 pm »

Deepcut, surely I can't present a more balanced assessment than taking into account every game he's played for us?

I can't present a positive side to the stats when there aren't any positives. He's given me nothing to work with. Regardless of how weak the sides are he was in, THREE clean sheets in 43 appearances!!!!

Fez. We both agree that he 'shouldn't' be our number one, however at this moment he is the best we have (Ward included), he has done OK in the four games that he has played in this season and has not been at obvious fault for any of those conceded.
Until we secure anyone better or he continues to perform as he has so far he should be judged on what he is doing now after the new season clean slate that others appear to be allowed.

Colchester on Saturday and we may all be calling him, until then he should receive our support.

Hopefully he doesn't have a nightmare like Matt Ingram on Saturday or the Cambridge keeper on Tuesday night...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2018, 09:01:17 am »

1. Nonsense.
2. Nonsense. Their player was well inside their own half.
3. Your opinion. The defence shouldn't be so easily 'pulled out of position', IMO laughable to suggest otherwise.
4. And? Crooks played a terrible sideways-backwards pass too short well inside the defensive half, gifting them possession and a shooting chance. The fact that this did not result in a goal indicates that my point regarding blaming Hoskins as ridiculous is correct.
5. So what. The footage clearly shows otherwise.
6. And?
7. I beg your pardon? Bigoted viewpoint? I watched the game on Ifollow, so had as good a position as many in the ground I expect. Should I settle for taking someone else's opinion instead of my own? How about I don't thank you very much!
8. So what?
9. What does 'giving credit for the pass' have to do with anything when it comes to Cornell's positioning? The pass was nothing special.
10. Nah.

Some of your comments are laughable. Items 5 & 8 you say ‘so what’ how arrogant is that?
Hoskins lost the ball in his own half and their bloke played the angled pass in our half.  You are so full of blind hate for Cornell that it clouds yr judgement - you display all the characteristics of a hate filled bigot. Just give Cornell a chance we know he is not the best but he probably is the best we have. If he has a shocker on Sat a la Ingram then we can think again. I hope he has a blinder against Colchester.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2018, 09:05:47 am »

I think we need a few seasons in the national league to shake off some of our "fans".
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2018, 09:07:34 am »

0-2 Powell Powell.

Heard it here first.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2018, 09:12:53 am »

Fez. We both agree that he 'shouldn't' be our number one, however at this moment he is the best we have (Ward included), he has done OK in the four games that he has played in this season and has not been at obvious fault for any of those conceded.
Until we secure anyone better or he continues to perform as he has so far he should be judged on what he is doing now after the new season clean slate that others appear to be allowed.

Colchester on Saturday and we may all be calling him, until then he should receive our support.

Hopefully he doesn't have a nightmare like Matt Ingram on Saturday or the Cambridge keeper on Tuesday night...  Wink

At the game on Saturday I will be cheering him on as I do with all the players, and I'll be thrilled if he has a good game Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2018, 09:15:56 am »

At the game on Saturday I will be cheering him on as I do with all the players, and I'll be thrilled if he has a good game Smiley

Some on here won't. FACT. (naming no names).  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

defender

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2018, 09:17:39 am »

Stop whispering, we can't hear you!

Silly me. Ithought this was a board for OUR OPINIONS.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2018, 09:32:14 am »

Sorry, I didn't hear the first bit!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2018, 09:33:26 am »

He was pulling yr leg Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2018, 09:39:46 am »

0-2 Powell Powell.

Heard it here first.

You drama queen! Cool
Report Spam   Logged

sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2018, 09:48:35 am »

Yes back to the topic.......

Just as it was typical Cobblers to lose at Wycombe & 'more-so' Morecambe with their bad starts/ record.

It would also be just like us to stop the 'on-fire' Colchester Utd team.

Let's spoil everyones betting shots.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2018, 09:52:54 am »

Ward
Facey Taylor Pierre Turnbull
Foley Mcwilliams
Morias O'Toole Crooks
KvV

I know we won't, but I'd play this formation/team currently. Would offer us much more defensively and keeps all the current underperformers out (besides Taylor... But he's still better than an in-form Barnett).
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2018, 10:00:59 am »

Ward
Facey Taylor Pierre Turnbull
Foley Mcwilliams
Morias O'Toole Crooks
KvV

I know we won't, but I'd play this formation/team currently. Would offer us much more defensively and keeps all the current underperformers out (besides Taylor... But he's still better than an in-form Barnett).

Ooooh look Ron he’s dropped Cornell😭
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2018, 10:08:47 am »

Ooooh look Ron he’s dropped Cornell😭

The fact he has left Taylor in says it all, one of the most out of form players we have. Still I agree with some of his other choices providing they are fully 100% fit.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: