The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 13:03:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tranmere Rovers (h)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers (h)  (Read 9211 times)
guest2677

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 13:00:15 pm »

I thought Morias looked excellent considering it was his first start of the season, linked up really well with VV as well, what didn't you like about him?
It's his mobility I doubt.
He's a pint sized Bayo as has been said. On first appearance he looks to be about as quick as the great man, but without the height to be effective in the air. Back to goal ball into feet yes, effective and decent.
I was hoping (still hope) he's gonna have a bit more Barry Hayles about him.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2018, 13:42:06 pm »

Not convinced by Morias just yet though.

Surely an improvement on Williams
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 21:37:45 pm »

Behave your self Ron. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

So, you did guzzle down the sherry then  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 21:19:49 pm »

Surely an improvement on Williams

The same Williams that over the last 8 seasons has scored at a rate of just over 1 goal in every 3 games, almost entirely at League 1 Level?

Or a different Williams from another squad in League 2 that you have already had the opportunity to assess this year?
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 14:18:32 pm »

With no midweek fixture, I presume Facey and Pierre can be eased back into full fitness therefore I don't envisage any changes with the back four and GK.

Ideally, I would play a central midfield three in the form of JJOT, McWilliams and Foley however I suspect not all three are ready to start

I'd play Morias and Crooks as far forward as possible as a two behind KvV up front.

I don't think our wide options of Powell, Hoskins, Waters and Bowditch have enough to hurt teams and even though we lack width, we'd be more dangerous with these not on the pitch

Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 14:37:33 pm »

With no midweek fixture, I presume Facey and Pierre can be eased back into full fitness therefore I don't envisage any changes with the back four and GK.

Ideally, I would play a central midfield three in the form of JJOT, McWilliams and Foley however I suspect not all three are ready to start

I'd play Morias and Crooks as far forward as possible as a two behind KvV up front.

I don't think our wide options of Powell, Hoskins, Waters and Bowditch have enough to hurt teams and even though we lack width, we'd be more dangerous with these not on the pitch

SHOCK!   I totally agree with a poster!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 20:15:57 pm »

No midweek fixture still sits uncomfortably with me .
If we had put out a first team against Wycombe we might all be looking forward to a big fixture tonight .
It’s cheating the supporters not to put your best team out in a cup competition.
We don’t exactly have a lot to look forward to .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2018, 20:31:47 pm »

No midweek fixture still sits uncomfortably with me .
If we had put out a first team against Wycombe we might all be looking forward to a big fixture tonight .
It’s cheating the supporters not to put your best team out in a cup competition.
We don’t exactly have a lot to look forward to .

Not tonight we wouldn't. Wycombe are at home to Forest Green Rovers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 11:17:34 am »

Not tonight we wouldn't. Wycombe are at home to Forest Green Rovers.
The draw doesn’t work like that .
We would have had a different allocation
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 11:23:35 am »

Would we have been in the Northern Section?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 12:15:44 pm »

I think the point being made was that the players (and fans) wouldn't have been stuck at home watching re runs of Salvage Hunters instead of being part of the action.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 12:18:37 pm »

Didn't Dave Buchanan once play for Tranmere? Ash Taylor too, if my grey matter is correct.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2018, 12:43:26 pm »

Didn't Dave Buchanan once play for Tranmere? Ash Taylor too, if my grey matter is correct.

Your grey matter is correct on both counts.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2018, 13:22:03 pm »

I’m one of the pessimists usually but I think we’ll win this one, anybody else agree?
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 13:51:37 pm »

I'll agree with you on this one, don't want to be too 'defeatist'.

Surely we must wallop someone soon if we take our chances. Tranmere is as good a team to do that against.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 14:38:36 pm »

1-1
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 16:06:55 pm »

I’m one of the pessimists usually but I think we’ll win this one, anybody else agree?

For as long as Lincoln sit top, I'll be thinking we'll win before every game.

KvV first Cobblers hattrick this Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2539

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 16:41:07 pm »

I can't decide until I see the selected team. Ditch the two wingers and add JJ and McWliiams to the midfield then YES, but the same starting line up at Colchester then maybe!
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 17:59:08 pm »

Your grey matter is correct on both counts.

Thank you Mr Pet.

I think I have gone for a 2-0 in the games room guessing thingy.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 18:02:11 pm »

I'll agree with you on this one, don't want to be too 'defeatist'.

Good to see you are pulling out of your recent defeatism. There is hope for you yet.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: