The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 13:07:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rocking The Robins

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocking The Robins  (Read 9192 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2018, 15:11:20 pm »

Are we there yet?

No. Play eye spy or something.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2018, 15:27:22 pm »

Cornell is an accident waiting to happen nearly got an assist yesterday on what would have been a bizarre goal kicking it against the back of one of their forwards.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2018, 16:08:55 pm »

Cornell is an accident waiting to happen nearly got an assist yesterday on what would have been a bizarre goal kicking it against the back of one of their forwards.

Did he once run over your pet alligator or other swamp creature you may have befriended? He has been our 2nd best player this season just behind Foley.

Report Spam   Logged

Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2018, 18:12:11 pm »

Cam McWilliams is injured, but if fit, would play better than Shay Facey at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2018, 18:31:39 pm »

Cam McWilliams is injured, but if fit, would play better than Shay Facey at the moment.

100% agreed from what I have seen of him and I would swap in Williams for Taylor.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2018, 19:17:05 pm »

I see the money man, David Bower, was at the match yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2018, 19:23:06 pm »

I see the money man, David Bower, was at the match yesterday.

They must be closing in on a deal then. Was he sat next to any rich looking sheikh's?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2018, 20:04:46 pm »

I can't believe the clamour to get Facey out of the side on the basis of 4 league appearances so far, the first three of which led to three goals conceded none of which were his fault.

Yesterday he was up against their number 20, who frankly looked something else. Yes, Facey could have done better with the penalty challenge, but it was as much of a great piece of play by the forward than anything else IMO. The 1st and 3rd goals yesterday were much worse defensively.

A quick look on Wiki just now reveals their number 20 was a one Jacob Maddox, who is on loan to Cheltenham from Chelsea. He's played for the England U17s and U19s, so I imagine he's a bit of a prospect. Perhaps the fact Facey was up against a burgeoning top player yesterday may have been misconstrued by some that Facey isn't 'up to it', but considering he looked arguably good enough for Championship level when he first arrived and in my view has looked at worst 'solid' so far in his mere 4 league appearances maybe people are jumping the gun on his being dropped a bit.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2018, 20:50:25 pm »

Did he once run over your pet alligator or other swamp creature you may have befriended? He has been our 2nd best player this season just behind Foley.

Just like shooting fish in a barrel. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2018, 20:58:55 pm »

He has been our 2nd best player this season just behind Foley.

And that in a nutshell is why we sit where we do in the league with the solitary win. Cornell will loose you more points than he saves you over a season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2018, 21:00:41 pm »

Read the Chron report and it appears it’s still not entirely obvious? Whilst scathing the report suggests that the players have got us into this, they will have to get us out of it? The fact is this is not a case of won’t, it’s a case of can’t? We need some steel and experience in that dressing room. 1 or preferably 2 at centre half straight out of the mould of Sammo or Dyche and a midfielder like Trollop or please god Ian Taylor. Add to this a top class wide man and problem solved. Terry Butcher infamously used to talk about caged tigers, unfortunately we currently have kittens by the fire. Change manager and shuffle the pack all you like but we will continually be found wanting until we solve the main issues with this squad. However, if DA really thinks he wouldn’t swap the squad for any other, and I don’t actually believe that, then he is not the man for the job. Because currently anyone who has watched a couple of games from the comfort of an armchair can work out what’s going on and what’s required. That being said KT aside the one constant in all of this is Andy Melville?
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2018, 21:18:49 pm »

Read the Chron report and it appears it’s still not entirely obvious? Whilst scathing the report suggests that the players have got us into this, they will have to get us out of it? The fact is this is not a case of won’t, it’s a case of can’t? We need some steel and experience in that dressing room. 1 or preferably 2 at centre half straight out of the mould of Sammo or Dyche and a midfielder like Trollop or please god Ian Taylor. Add to this a top class wide man and problem solved. Terry Butcher infamously used to talk about caged tigers, unfortunately we currently have kittens by the fire. Change manager and shuffle the pack all you like but we will continually be found wanting until we solve the main issues with this squad. However, if DA really thinks he wouldn’t swap the squad for any other, and I don’t actually believe that, then he is not the man for the job. Because currently anyone who has watched a couple of games from the comfort of an armchair can work out what’s going on and what’s required. That being said KT aside the one constant in all of this is Andy Melville?
Oh for a hard bastard like Ryan Creswell.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2018, 22:22:04 pm »

I can't believe the clamour to get Facey out of the side .......................etc

Facey had a disasterous game yesterday, you may recall he gave away a needless freekick from which they scored. As for the penalty that was such a clumsy challenge, the sort of challenge in a schools match by not very good fullback. In the Chron Facey was marked down aa a 4!! We all like to defend players we admire but you need in this instance to be realistic. Personally I think half the problem is DA; that is his 'entertaining style' of play. He quickly needs to learn to pick a side which can grind out results. From Saturday I would only retain Cornell, Buchanan,Foley, Crooks,Hoskins and vV - drop the rest. The problem DA  now has is that poor results against PV and NC may well end his somewhat shaky tenure here.
I alos think ater listening to his interview after the game was of a Manager at his wits end and probably unable to cope with the current situation. Where is the do and die Manager of last season as I have not seen to much of him this to convince me at least he can Manage us out of this situation. Wrong tactics in playingto to a style generally foreign to a Northampton side. We alway did well when we had a decent defence. Sweet Jesus losing toCheltenham makes a mockery of DA and above all of NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2018, 22:47:09 pm »

Just like shooting fish in a barrel. Grin

Yes, you would know a lot about fish I suppose. Fresh water mainly but I bet you dabble with salty ones when the tide is in.
Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2018, 22:52:16 pm »

And that in a nutshell is why we sit where we do in the league with the solitary win. Cornell will loose you more points than he saves you over a season.

Oi, its my job to talk bollocks on here. Go back to being the font of all truths elsewhere (see, I told you I talked bollocks).  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest3023

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2018, 06:47:47 am »

Facey had a disasterous game yesterday, you may recall he gave away a needless freekick from which they scored. As for the penalty that was such a clumsy challenge, the sort of challenge in a schools match by not very good fullback. In the Chron Facey was marked down aa a 4!! We all like to defend players we admire but you need in this instance to be realistic. Personally I think half the problem is DA; that is his 'entertaining style' of play. He quickly needs to learn to pick a side which can grind out results. From Saturday I would only retain Cornell, Buchanan,Foley, Crooks,Hoskins and vV - drop the rest. The problem DA  now has is that poor results against PV and NC may well end his somewhat shaky tenure here.
I alos think ater listening to his interview after the game was of a Manager at his wits end and probably unable to cope with the current situation. Where is the do and die Manager of last season as I have not seen to much of him this to convince me at least he can Manage us out of this situation. Wrong tactics in playingto to a style generally foreign to a Northampton side. We alway did well when we had a decent defence. Sweet Jesus losing toCheltenham makes a mockery of DA and above all of NTFC.

So giving away a free-kick equates to having a disastrous game. At the time I thought there was nothing in it and watching it on Ifollow confirms this. Facey was marking him tightly as he should be doing, caught his leg slightly, happens 40 times a match, any match anywhere in the world. Their player stays on his feet, then seconds later decides to take a tumble with no contact, the ref buys the dive. Foley gave a worse one away following the goal in virtually the same spot, Ifollow shows he was needlessly grabbing the number 20's arm. Disastrous free-kick, or all forgotten?

You do like quoting the Chron as if their views should be taken as gospel. I couldn't care less what the Chron says, they're entitled to their own opinion but I'll trust my own eyes and judgement firstly thanks.

It's nothing to do with sticking up for players I admire, I'll just express my counter view-points where I think it's worth it. It was only earlier this season many on this forum were stating Foley and Bridge were not good enough for this division and very few expressed a differing opinion. Perhaps people are jumping the gun on Facey a little bit here also?

Don't disagree too much with the rest of your post.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2018, 07:59:33 am »

So giving away a free-kick equates to having a disastrous game. At the time I thought there was nothing in it and watching it on Ifollow confirms this. Facey was marking him tightly as he should be doing, caught his leg slightly, happens 40 times a match, any match anywhere in the world. Their player stays on his feet, then seconds later decides to take a tumble with no contact, the ref buys the dive. Foley gave a worse one away following the goal in virtually the same spot, Ifollow shows he was needlessly grabbing the number 20's arm. Disastrous free-kick, or all forgotten?

You do like quoting the Chron as if their views should be taken as gospel. I couldn't care less what the Chron says, they're entitled to their own opinion but I'll trust my own eyes and judgement firstly thanks.

It's nothing to do with sticking up for players I admire, I'll just express my counter view-points where I think it's worth it. It was only earlier this season many on this forum were stating Foley and Bridge were not good enough for this division and very few expressed a differing opinion. Perhaps people are jumping the gun on Facey a little bit here also?

Don't disagree too much with the rest of your post.

Sorry mate, I’ve got to agree with Evers on this, Facey was awful (not that he was alone in that) - he just didn’t seem “switched on” from the start - it may be a confidence thing but I think it was one of those games where everything he did went wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:29 am »

Sorry mate, I’ve got to agree with Evers on this, Facey was awful (not that he was alone in that) - he just didn’t seem “switched on” from the start - it may be a confidence thing but I think it was one of those games where everything he did went wrong.

Perhaps I'm misconstruing criticism of Facey as singling one player out. I think a lot of the team didn't seem switched on from the start. Things do not seem right behind the scenes at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2018, 10:30:01 am »

Perhaps I'm misconstruing criticism of Facey as singling one player out. I think a lot of the team didn't seem switched on from the start. Things do not seem right behind the scenes at the moment.

All may be revealed this week........ Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2018, 21:49:44 pm »

100% agreed from what I have seen of him and I would swap in Williams for Taylor.

Which Williams? - CWilliams is not good enough just yet; maybe in a year or two's time.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: